Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 FCS Playoff Bracket

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2023

I hope South Dakota State repeats as National Champions.

Last edited by crixus; 11-23-2023, 03:58 AM.

The selection of Sac State over UC Davis is completely bizarre. Committee couldn't get out of its own way.

Comment

All teams from the same conference aren’t in the same bracket-what a novel idea😂😂

Comment

Among teams I follow...

*Lafayette won the Patriot League auto bid and will play at Delaware in the 1st round. The host Blue Hens don't have their starting QB and will need to go with a freshman under center, so I give the Leopards a fighting chance after making the fairly short trip to Newark.

*Villanova received a #8 seed and 1st round bye after tying for the CAA crown, and will host the winner of Duquesne/Youngstown State in the 2nd round. YSU will be big favorites to beat the Dukes and be the Wildcats' opponent in the Philadelphia Main Line suburbs come December 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
          Among teams I follow...

*Lafayette won the Patriot League auto bid and will play at Delaware in the 1st round. The host Blue Hens don't have their starting QB and will need to go with a freshman under center, so I give the Leopards a fighting chance after making the fairly short trip to Newark.

*Villanova received a #8 seed and 1st round bye after tying for the CAA crown, and will host the winner of Duquesne/Youngstown State in the 2nd round. YSU will be big favorites to beat the Dukes and be the Wildcats' opponent in the Philadelphia Main Line suburbs come December 2nd.
          I am shocked Holy Cross did not get an at large bid, they could be 3/4s of the teams selected or at large. Shocked, lost by only 3 to FBS Army and BC. Not sure what happened here.

Comment

Drake starting 0-3 including a loss to NAIA is crazy that they made it, but they did go 8-0 against the Pioneer. St. Thomas is about to own that conference

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

I am shocked Holy Cross did not get an at large bid, they could be 3/4s of the teams selected or at large. Shocked, lost by only 3 to FBS Army and BC. Not sure what happened here.
              The Patriot League is one of the weaker FCS leagues. Losses to Army and BC were losses to a couple of very weak FBS teams. What good wins did they have to deserve an At Large bid?

Comment

Drake makes their first appearance in the FCS playoffs. Their reward is to play at Fargo. At least they are indoors. Northwestern, the NAIA champs from last year who beat Drake this year, host arch rival Dordt who is only about 12 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Drake makes their first appearance in the FCS playoffs. Their reward is to play at Fargo. At least they are indoors. Northwestern, the NAIA champs from last year who beat Drake this year, host arch rival Dordt who is only about 12 miles away.
                  I agree with the late John Madden "football should be played outdoors". And that's why I like South Dakota State and not the Dakota dome teams South Dakota, North Dakota and North Dakota State. Plus Brookings, South Dakota is a great little city. *Kudos to Northwestern for playing outdoors. I hope they win.

Last edited by crixus; 11-23-2023, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                    Drake starting 0-3 including a loss to NAIA is crazy that they made it, but they did go 8-0 against the Pioneer. St. Thomas is about to own that conference
                    IMO, most of the PFL teams wouldn't finish better than .500 in a good D2 conference. St. Thomas beat Black Hills State, who I think finished 6-5, by 10, and if they hadn't started out that game with a pick 6 in the first minute, may not have won that game. They did hold South Dakota to 24 however, which was impressive. They may own that conference starting as early as next year, but if they had made the jump to D2 instead, and had joined the NSIC, that team would have probably finished with 4 or 5 losses in conference this year. Davidson, the 3rd place team in the conference lost to D2 Barton, who I think finished 6-5. I do believe however, that St. Thomas will not be in the PFL long, I think it's part of a longer term plan to transition to scholarship football, and that playing in the PFL made the transition to D1 football from D3 something that they could do and be competitive while doing it, and after jumping into a new conference and offering scholarships, they will be competitive in short order.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

The Patriot League is one of the weaker FCS leagues. Losses to Army and BC were losses to a couple of very weak FBS teams. What good wins did they have to deserve an At Large bid?
                      They should be in over Drake regardless, how Drake got in is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

They should be in over Drake regardless, how Drake got in is beyond me.
                        AQ, PFL champ gets in, and they were it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          All teams from the same conference aren’t in the same bracket-what a novel idea😂😂
                          Wouldn't you know an MIAA fan is the one that make that great statement. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post

Wouldn't you know an MIAA fan is the one that make that great statement. Good job.
                            It's all about money! NCAA doesn't give a hoot about DII. This could easily be remedied if they went with national seeding.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X