Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I mean, it’s not like they weren’t preparing since fall camp. And it’s not just one QB. They had to start a true freshman third stringer in the ACC title game because the backup has a concussion.

This will all be fixed next year with the 12-team playoff. Interestingly, the ACC played a part in delaying the expanded playoff when they teamed up with the Big Ten and PAC-12 as “The Alliance” in 2021 to oppose and delay the expansion. Otherwise, it would have started this season.

From the article:

More than two years after the Alliance formed — and about a year after it unceremoniously collapsed — the pact between the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 stands as one of college sports’ greatest failures.

It prevented the sport’s postseason from expanding a year earlier than many officials had originally planned.

Without that gentleman’s agreement, without the 16-month delay in approving an expanded playoff, without their hoops and hurdles, their roadblocks and speed bumps, college football’s postseason this year would likely incorporate not four teams but 12.
    Having it be a third-string guy, I believe, makes my point more succinctly. He hasn't been seeing first team snaps or first team defenses all year long as the third string QB, until the last, what, 10 days? I'm sure if you gave him the next four weeks to prepare as the starter, he'd be at a much higher level of performance than he was against Louisville.

Like you said, doesn't really matter going forward, I just thought it was a bunk excuse from the CFP commissioner guy when he was talking about why they left FSU out. You give anyone a month to prepare for something after they haven't had to prepare for that thing before, and they're going to improve to a decent level, I would think.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Having it be a third-string guy, I believe, makes my point more succinctly. He hasn't been seeing first team snaps or first team defenses all year long as the third string QB, until the last, what, 10 days? I'm sure if you gave him the next four weeks to prepare as the starter, he'd be at a much higher level of performance than he was against Louisville.

Like you said, doesn't really matter going forward, I just thought it was a bunk excuse from the CFP commissioner guy when he was talking about why they left FSU out. You give anyone a month to prepare for something after they haven't had to prepare for that thing before, and they're going to improve to a decent level, I would think.
      Even more interesting about the “CFP Commissioner guy” is that he’s the AD at NC State from the ACC and his dad was the ACC Commissioner in the 80s and 90s.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Even more interesting about the “CFP Commissioner guy” is that he’s the AD at NC State from the ACC and his dad was the ACC Commissioner in the 80s and 90s.
        Woof. Reeks of "ESPN told us who they want to market"
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Woof. Reeks of "ESPN told us who they want to market"
          And possibly a bit of “FSU wants to leave the ACC so we changed our vote to invite Cal and Stanford. Now, let’s make them even madder.”
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Isn’t LSU is the SEC west?
            That would be the 1 loss ;)

Comment

The who player availability thing is bull****. The Eagles won a Super Bowl with the backup QB.

Elite teams should have a next man up mentality…

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X