Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado School of Mines Vs. Harding University. - Championship Chatter.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Not sure but GV was stopping the Harding offense except for 1 drive. Like you said Mines needs to make some adjustments. Problem is whatever adjustments they make, isn't anything Harding hasn't seen before.
    It’s personnel, not scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I never knew the "defenseless" thing applied only to receivers. Matocha already released the ball and was watching his pass arrive to the receiver. That would make him defenseless, seems to me. Also, consider the fact, that if that same exact 100% hit would have been applied by an offensive player to defensive player as a block, then it would have been a blindside block.
      Well yea. Blindside block penalty exists because defenders trying to make a tackle aren't expecting to be hit in the back by blockers. If you have the football in your hands, you should be expecting to get hit at all times, from all angles.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Agreed. GV front 7 and scheme was built a lil bit differently than Mines.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Probably a bit of both. GV entirely changed their defensive scheme specifically for Harding. They hadn't used a 5-2-4 formation the entire year except for Harding. Forced the OL to have to make an extra block at the LOS instead of having one of the OL get to the second level right off the snap. Mines is sticking with their regular 4 DL and they're getting dominated as a result. Playing right in to what Harding wants to do, especially since their tackles aren't good enough to stop the dive.

Comment

• How many times is the Mines offense going to get the ball? Will it be enough to make up 3 TDs?

Comment

• This is a beatdown. SR3 reigns supreme yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Well, that's my point. GVSU had a lot of possessions. Because they showed that Harding could be stopped. I would have thought that Mines had a better run defense than GVSU, but, I could be very wrong about that.
                Mines definitely didn't have a better run D than GV. The entire gv scheme is about the run.

That's beside the point. An option team like this isn't about normal run D . It's about crazy rigid discipline.

Comment

• Mines just rolled two natural 1's with disadvantage.

Comment

• Just baffling. They score on another pitch. There is no deception on a pitch, you know where the ball is going, I just don't understand how the defense can't react better than that to a pitch.

Comment

• Didn’t think the Pitch would be what ended up killing Mines the most.

Comment

• Might this be a touchback? LOL

Comment

• Stands... .of course.

Comment

• Touchdowns, 4th down attempts, and onside kicks the rest of the game for Mines.

Comment

• I said it last week, but #7 would look great at Pitt.

Comment

• This game is over.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X