Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-America Update

I have not heard back from Brandon yet to know release date but I have been working on a rough draft that I will send to him this week and several of us will discuss the teams. Who do you think will be an All-American?

Originally posted by Josh Buchanan View Post
    I have not heard back from Brandon yet to know release date but I have been working on a rough draft that I will send to him this week and several of us will discuss the teams. Who do you think will be an All-American?
    Tanner Volk

Comment

Certainly an offensive lineman from the most prolific running offense in D2 history will make the list?
      Passing is a Sin

Comment

QB - Zebrowski and Matocha will probably be co-1st teamers, is my guess. If that's not possible, Zebrowski
        RB - Jordan Terrell, Dwayne McGee
        WR - Max McLeod, Arkell Smith
        HBack - Blake Delacruz or Devon Garrison, depending how they want to quantify the position. I don't know if they're only doing HBack or HBack and also TE.
        OL - Garrett Carroll

DL - Andre Jefferson, one of Dre Hall or Nathaniel Wallace
        LB - No idea, hopefully Abe Swanson, Micah Cretsinger maybe just because of his INT and INT TD numbers? He tied the D2 record for interceptions returned for a TD in a season.
        DB - Tanner Volk, Shon Stephens, Aaron Davis, Wyryor Noil, Willie Drew

K - this one is hard. Eric Scarpino? Logan Turner? Tom Piccirillo?
        P - No idea
        AP - I hope they give this to Gage Porter, even though he doesn't technically fit the definition of the position
        Last edited by KleShreen; 12-11-2023, 09:29 PM.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

It will be end of year or first of next.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Tanner Volk
            He is high on radar for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBones View Post
              Certainly an offensive lineman from the most prolific running offense in D2 history will make the list?
              I would think so. lol

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                QB - Zebrowski and Matocha will probably be co-1st teamers, is my guess. If that's not possible, Zebrowski
                RB - Jordan Terrell, Dwayne McGee
                WR - Max McLeod, Arkell Smith
                HBack - Blake Delacruz or Devon Garrison, depending how they want to quantify the position. I don't know if they're only doing HBack or HBack and also TE.
                OL - Garrett Carroll

DL - Andre Jefferson, one of Dre Hall or Nathaniel Wallace
                LB - No idea, hopefully Abe Swanson, Micah Cretsinger maybe just because of his INT and INT TD numbers? He tied the D2 record for interceptions returned for a TD in a season.
                DB - Tanner Volk, Shon Stephens, Aaron Davis, Wyryor Noil, Willie Drew

K - this one is hard. Eric Scarpino? Logan Turner? Tom Piccirillo?
                P - No idea
                AP - I hope they give this to Gage Porter, even though he doesn't technically fit the definition of the position
                Those are all on radar. RB is going to be an interesting debate.

Porter would be a QB because I think we have some great names for AP and Porter should fit at QB. He has actually gotten some attention from scouts this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It will be end of year or first of next.
                  Thanks! I sent an email to you but don't know if you saw it. I am planning to send my suggestions to you by the weekend.

Comment

I would think so. lol
                    I don’t think so. The consensus best center in D2, best offensive lineman for the entire state of Arkansas at all collegiate levels, and the leader of the best rushing at attack that year Bryce Bray got 2nd team on their list. D2 doesn’t really put HU guys on there. I don’t think Cole Chancey ever got on there.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

I don’t think so. The consensus best center in D2, best offensive lineman for the entire state of Arkansas at all collegiate levels, and the leader of the best rushing at attack that year Bryce Bray got 2nd team on their list. D2 doesn’t really put HU guys on there. I don’t think Cole Chancey ever got on there.
                      With all due respect, I don't think it is out of line for the All-American offensive lines to be guys who both run block and pass block.

Comment

With all due respect, I don't think it is out of line for the All-American offensive lines to be guys who both run block and pass block.
                        So despite dominating your opponents and being the best player at that position; if you don’t pass block then you can’t be considered good? Explain to me to where the line is?

Comment

I certainly understand Kle’s point, but it would be a slight I feel not to have at least one OL from this team that made it to the NC and set an all time D2 rushing record. Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

So despite dominating your opponents and being the best player at that position; if you don’t pass block then you can’t be considered good? Explain to me to where the line is?
                            I'm sure Willis is going to be a 1st Team AA. I'm just saying I don't think it is unreasonable if voters were to say they didn't want to vote for OL from a team that is so one-sided on offensive playcalling, no matter how good they are at it. Navy hasn't had an All-American OL since 1957, despite routinely finishing near the top of FBS in rushing yardage every year. It's just a thing that happens.

Comment

I'm sure Willis is going to be a 1st Team AA. I'm just saying I don't think it is unreasonable if voters were to say they didn't want to vote for OL from a team that is so one-sided on offensive playcalling, no matter how good they are at it. Navy hasn't had an All-American OL since 1957, despite routinely finishing near the top of FBS in rushing yardage every year. It's just a thing that happens.
                              Valid point, but at the same time when is the last time Navy competed for a NC. I think there is a certain bias, fair or unfair, to quality of the team and quality of the competition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X