X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Zebrowski wins 2023 Harlon Hill Award

Congrats to Zach.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

No question Zebrowski was very deserving and had a stellar year. But Tanner Volk had a very uniquely incredible year you see very, very rarely. Dude led the NATION with 13 picks and 124 tackles! This could've been the perfect year to give the award to a defensive player! Major disappointment!

And how did Volk finish FOURTH?!?

Classic bias against west coast college football!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      No question Zebrowski was very deserving and had a stellar year. But Tanner Volk had a very uniquely incredible year you see very, very rarely. Dude led the NATION with 13 picks and 124 tackles! This could've been the perfect year to give the award to a defensive player! Major disappointment!

I don't think it was west coast bias but just the modern push to fall in love with slinging the ball around all over the field. This not in any way to disparage throwing QBs (my favorites were Montana, Young, Marino and Elway).

Comment

I actually thought 4th for Volk was way higher than I expected. I figured he'd be in the bottom 2 or 3 just by virtue of being a defender. So I'm kinda surprised the voters actually strongly considered a defensive player.

FWIW, I don't think we're going to see a defender win unless it is an absolutely bonkers season. Like 15+ INT, 5+ FF and FR, 3+ defensive touchdowns, 170+ tackles, 20+ sacks. Have like three or four of those things and then I can see it happening lol.

I think what we have in this situation is a bias against defenders winning the award, not bias against the west coast. Nobody was going to beat ZZ or Matocha this year, anyway.

Comment

Well deserved, incredibly talented Fb player.

Comment

Congrats to all nominees and congrats to ZZ, that's a helluva season.

Tanner Volk...........encore tour for Volk and the CWU Wildcats next year!

Comment

Nah. It's just a qb and rb award based on ridiculous stats. It pretty much always has been.

Comment

Sammy Edwards had 11 interceptions as a QB, yet finished higher in voting than Volk who had 13 interceptions as a safety. Funny looking at it that way.

Comment

Awesome year for ZZ and Central Missouri. Can ZZ and UCM win the national championship in 2024...stay tuned.

Comment

And for people using records as a reason to give the award to someone, tell that to Caleb Murphy who set a record with 25.5 sacks and didn't win the award. So records are not everything, unless you're a QB, that is.

Comment

And for people using records as a reason to give the award to someone, tell that to Caleb Murphy who set a record with 25.5 sacks and didn't win the award. So records are not everything, unless you're a QB, that is.
                      yada, yada, yada,...geez, go rain on somebody else's parade.

Comment

He finished second though to an unbelievable Matocha season. Of course it would also take an offensive player not being outrageous at the same time. Offense is always gonna be favored for these awards.

Comment

This could've been the perfect year to give the award to a defensive player!
                          Zebrowski or Matocha were the only two realistic choices because of the importance of the position.

Zebrowski threw for 5,000+ yards and 60+ touchdowns playing in the best conference in the country this year.

This would have been one of the worst years to have awarded it to a defensive player.

Comment

We couldn’t stop him. Best D2 QB I’ve seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                              We couldn’t stop him. Best D2 QB I’ve seen in a long time.
                              It's like he was built to run that O. He's amazing to watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X