Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'd rather have a nice post season run than be one and done at home. Do you know what CWU loses to graduation compared to UTPB or are you just being butthurt again?
    I know UTPB has 11 all conference returners, 16 starters, and the #1 transfer class in the country again. I'd say they will be just as good if not better.

Comment

To me the most surprising on team on the list is Mines. They lose 17 of 22 starters and 25 of 44 in the 2-deep, which includes the entire starting OL and entire starting DL. Included in those losses is Matocha and his back-up. I understand they have been one of the top programs the past few seasons, and I have a ton of respect for them as a program, but getting blown out twice in the championship plus all the roster turnover, I just don't see it as of now. I They may not even be the RMAC favorite (and the RMAC has not been great outside of Mines the last handful of years). Not sure how he mentions uncertainty at GV, doesn't even include Central Mo (who both lost to Harding by 1), and then puts Mines at 9. As a few others have mentioned he has to be trying to give a fair shake to every region but at the end of the day the best 4-6 teams in the country will be from SR3 (Pitt, Central Mo, GV, Ferris, Harding, others?) and then probably looking at the NSIC (Mankato at least), the LSC (Angelo, CWU, UTPB) and the GSC (UWF, VSU, Delta?), and probably add in LR?
      Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 01-18-2024, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post

I know UTPB has 11 all conference returners, 16 starters, and the #1 transfer class in the country again. I'd say they will be just as good if not better.
        "The #1 transfer class in the country again" lol based on what? You have no idea who anyone else is getting as transfers lol.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

ATHLINKD does the transfer portal rankings. They are the transfer portal database that many schools use now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
            To me the most surprising on team on the list is Mines. They lose 17 of 22 starters and 25 of 44 in the 2-deep, which includes the entire starting OL and entire starting DL. Included in those losses is Matocha and his back-up. I understand they have been one of the top programs the past few seasons, and I have a ton of respect for them as a program, but getting blown out twice in the championship plus all the roster turnover, I just don't see it as of now. I They may not even be the RMAC favorite (and the RMAC has not been great outside of Mines the last handful of years). Not sure how he mentions uncertainty at GV, doesn't even include Central Mo (who both lost to Harding by 1), and then puts Mines at 9. As a few others have mentioned he has to be trying to give a fair shake to every region but at the end of the day the best 4-6 teams in the country will be from SR3 (Pitt, Central Mo, GV, Ferris, Harding, others?) and then probably looking at the NSIC (Mankato at least), the LSC (Angelo, CWU, UTPB) and the GSC (UWF, VSU, Delta?), and probably add in LR?
            Great analysis and reasoning. The five teams you listed from SR3 should make up half of the top five. You then list 8 other teams vying for the remaining 5 spots. The three from the LSC appear to be solid along with VSU and UWF from the GSC. Makato could be contender to take the best of the north title. Lenoir Rhyne should have a good nucleus back but will be looking for a new head coach. Will that affect their efforts next year?

For me to round out the 6-10 spots on the sit, using your listing from NSIC, LSC, GSC and then LR, I would say it comes down to CWU, UTPB, VSU slotted into any order in spots 6, 7, 8 and then Mankato and Angelo rounding out the last two spots. Just my two cents worth today.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

"The #1 transfer class in the country again" lol based on what? You have no idea who anyone else is getting as transfers lol.
              UTPB fans are so fun.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
                ATHLINKD does the transfer portal rankings. They are the transfer portal database that many schools use now.
                Oh, wow, how weird that UTPB's head coach is featured front and center on the website's home page saying how awesome of a service it is. I'm sure there's no bias there or anything.

Comment

Not enough SR1 representation at all. SR1 always has a team in the final 4, yet they continue to be downplayed, ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                    Not enough SR1 representation at all. SR1 always has a team in the final 4, yet they continue to be downplayed, ridiculous...
                    I've never hoped more for something to be sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I've never hoped more for something to be sarcasm.
                      Gotta have a little fun with you fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Gotta have a little fun with you fellas
                        I was worried you got hacked by nation there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                          Have you thought that maybe not all of those guys listed as seniors for Mines are actually leaving? There's that thing called a Covid year.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'd rather have a nice post season run than be one and done at home. Do you know what CWU loses to graduation compared to UTPB or are you just being butthurt again?
                            CWU loses barely anything. I don't have official 2-deep returners, but the cupboard is full. No disrespect to the rest of the LSC, but it's UTPB and CWU at the top of the pre-season rankings come August...........ugh, that's so far away.

If you were to twist my arm as to who's better..............UTPB won the conference and dominated CWU. CWU got hot at the best time of the season to make it to the regional final. On paper, given the butt-whoopin' they gave CWU, I'm going to say UTPB barely edges CWU for the top spot for 2024 preseason. However, I believe both recruited incredibly well already this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Have you thought that maybe not all of those guys listed as seniors for Mines are actually leaving? There's that thing called a Covid year.
                              Yes I did think about that, but since in D2 they didn't get an extra year of eligibility, the covid year now only affects class of '19 signees who redshirted at least once. I know Mines doesn't list all players exactly according to eligibility class, so looking at their '19 class there are 5 or 6 guys who were big contributors and were listed as RSR. Yes those guys would have the choice to come back if they decide to, but since the number of guys who would have been affected by it was small, I didn't include it in my original post. You are correct, could that change the the amount of experience coming back? Yes, but in my opinion it wouldn't be enough of a difference to have them included in the top 10. The only thing that would maybe change that some is if L. Johnson, McLeod and Foster all come back, and Foster proves to not be too much of a drop off from Matocha. Then I could see them being a top offense in SR4 again, but with all the for sure losses in the front 7 on defense I personally still wouldn't imagine them being a national championship contender.
                              Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 01-23-2024, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X