Clear All

• WVIAC-F-EVER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: G-MAC / GLIAC Updates

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Except for a few items missing.....like one school in Wheeling had no football.....then finally formed football only to see the school broke as a convict after it starts football. Then that football conference's big dog jumps ship to PA and the school in VA jumps to its 4th conference in 8 years, and then that football conference brings in non-football playing school in Elkins. But hey, it makes all the sense in the world. I expect now we will soon see the long-standing member of the "WV good ole boy network" gets his non-football playing, no-campus living school into the conference.
    You're the one that brought up the football playing schools in the GMAC breaking away from the non-football playing members. I just pointed out that that has happened before (and I would add that a number of the GMAC current members were intimently involved in making that happen).

As for your apparent observations on conference stability, I would note:

Like a conference that says it wants to be a football conference starting with only four football playing schools? Like a conference starting and before they play one game one of it's charter members leaves the conference and two other charter members leave after one year for another new conference, then the following year another charter member leaves? Then the second year of the new league they bring in four new members but two ultimately leave? A conference that tried to shepherd two NAIA football playing teams into their conference but the NCAA said they weren't up to snuff? Then the next year the conference bring in three new teams but one of those new schools gives up football in a last ditch effort to keep from closing permanently? A football playing conference that has seen five teams either leave the conference or stop playing football all together? A conference with stability like that?

As for the "WV good ole boy network getting his non-football playing, no-campus living schools into the conference"...the schools you are apparently thinking of currently ARE in a conference. That conference is the GMAC.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 06-09-2019, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post
    MEC football success has more to do with having 11 or more schools sponsor the sport, limiting the amount of non conference games to 1 or less... for some stupid reason, football schools except shepherd, will schedule 11 games come hill or high water... as successful as the best MEC fb team has been lately in a playoff run, the lack of a 2nd team making playoffs or when they do IUP beating the snot out of them on their homefield shows the weakness........

take a look at nonconference losses in MEC... what is AB record vs MEC in football? Imagine if AB fb played Wvwc and GSC annually
    AB is 3-4 vs the MEC.

We are 1-1 against the University of Charleston....the one loss being the year UC made the playoffs

We are 2-2 against Glenville State.

We are 0-1 against Fairmont State.....the one loss being the year FSU made the playoffs.

Most of those losses were in the first four years of varsity football for AB. I don't think we have great football, but I would hold no fear in playing the likes of WV Wesleyan, Glenville, West Liberty, WV State, Concord, Wheeling Jesuit, Frostburg State and Urbana or any school there for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

Except for a few items missing.....like one school in Wheeling had no football.....then finally formed football only to see the school broke as a convict after it starts football. Then that football conference's big dog jumps ship to PA and the school in VA jumps to its 4th conference in 8 years, and then that football conference brings in non-football playing school in Elkins. But hey, it makes all the sense in the world. I expect now we will soon see the long-standing member of the "WV good ole boy network" gets his non-football playing, no-campus living school into the conference.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    If true, this attitude from schools is ridiculous and shows any lack of urgency of the current situation.

I would venture to say that if this continues that the football schools will break away from the non-football playing members. Ohio Valley doesn't feel the lack of football schools in this conference like Alderson Broaddus does. Trevecca Nazarene does not feel the same as say Ohio Dominican does. Ursuline probably could care less about the football situation as say Findlay does.

My own opinion is that Ashland has been given enough time to make a decision. I am a little tired of this "we aren't ready now, but will look at it again a few years from now". One way or the other, it is time to move on. I am not interested in giving one school carte blanche in this situation. If they enter as a member, that attitude is likely to continue and I, for one, am not in favor of it.
    Hummm... football school's breaking away from non-football schools. THAT has a familiar ring to it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

Originally posted by Insidesource View Post
    Nothing was imminent - just relaying info from my source that comes directly from within the meetings. GMAC wants to expand but is not just letting anyone walk in. The institutions mentioned were indeed discussed about as potential members in the future. However, there is no expected or anticipated movement at this time...
    If true, this attitude from schools is ridiculous and shows any lack of urgency of the current situation.

I would venture to say that if this continues that the football schools will break away from the non-football playing members. Ohio Valley doesn't feel the lack of football schools in this conference like Alderson Broaddus does. Trevecca Nazarene does not feel the same as say Ohio Dominican does. Ursuline probably could care less about the football situation as say Findlay does.

My own opinion is that Ashland has been given enough time to make a decision. I am a little tired of this "we aren't ready now, but will look at it again a few years from now". One way or the other, it is time to move on. I am not interested in giving one school carte blanche in this situation. If they enter as a member, that attitude is likely to continue and I, for one, am not in favor of it.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

Originally posted by Insidesource View Post
    I assure you my source sits in the GMAC meeting every May and hears every discussion that goes on behind close doors. My lack of posts are due to me trying to protect their identity.

My username is not InsideSource for nothing...
    Rest assured, I have no desire to know the identity of your source. As JDonAB92 has stated on this thread and I have stated on a few other threads, this Conference needs to add football schools sooner not later. They can discuss and discuss but if no one wants to join the G-MAC you can't make them, which is probably the case. 7 conference football games is getting old fast and there are a few current schools who could jump to another league with more football schools.

Leave a comment:

• Insidesource
    replied

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    What's really sad is that someone with less than 10 posts says that he heard something from some people involved in some GMAC meeting and people jump all over it like something is going to happen. The only thing more pathetic is the fact that I look forward to reading every post. :smile-big:
    I assure you my source sits in the GMAC meeting every May and hears every discussion that goes on behind close doors. My lack of posts are due to me trying to protect their identity.

My username is not InsideSource for nothing...

Leave a comment:

• Insidesource
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Agreed. Chips will continue to fall and schools and conferences will react as they see fit. They will not consult this board for wisdom. BTW - I just re-read both your's and Insidesource's recent rumored-move reports. I don't think either of you portrayed any of the moves as imminent. It just sounds like a lot of "maybe somedays" to me.
    Nothing was imminent - just relaying info from my source that comes directly from within the meetings. GMAC wants to expand but is not just letting anyone walk in. The institutions mentioned were indeed discussed about as potential members in the future. However, there is no expected or anticipated movement at this time....

And oh, I 110% assure you my source is credible.

Leave a comment:

• WVIAC-F-EVER
    replied
    Last edited by WVIAC-F-EVER; 06-07-2019, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

What's really sad is that someone with less than 10 posts says that he heard something from some people involved in some GMAC meeting and people jump all over it like something is going to happen. The only thing more pathetic is the fact that I look forward to reading every post. :smile-big:

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Is it your gut or your heart??!!
    Both....and my brain.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Yearly topic this time of season. It kills time in the off-season.
    For sure. I always enjoy folks sharing what they've heard and good old fashion speculation.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Agreed. Chips will continue to fall and schools and conferences will react as they see fit. They will not consult this board for wisdom. BTW - I just re-read both your's and Insidesource's recent rumored move reports. I don't think either of you portrayed any of the moves as eminent. It just sounds like a lot of "maybe somedays" to me.
    Yearly topic this time of season. It kills time in the off-season.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    But "chips falling" have nothing to do with the yearly reporting of eminent moves for the same cast of characters.
    Agreed. Chips will continue to fall and schools and conferences will react as they see fit. They will not consult this board for wisdom. BTW - I just re-read both your's and Insidesource's recent rumored-move reports. I don't think either of you portrayed any of the moves as imminent. It just sounds like a lot of "maybe somedays" to me.
    Last edited by BlueBlood; 06-06-2019, 09:05 AM. Reason: imminent/eminent

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X