Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMAC not in initial Regional Rankings...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

Yes because that is how playoff teams are chosen. You obviously know little to nothing about how the process works
    My sincerest apologies ... by failing to include /Sarcasm or #Sarcasm or some sort of emoji, I see the comment was taken 100% seriously at face value--AND apparently seemed to strike a nerve. As Boat alluded to, the Committee is given some latitude to consider "intangibles" in the final selection process. No, I don't believe the committee members spend much, if any, time on this board and/or use its participation (or lack of) to put one team or conference in over another. I see you posted your response on Nov. 1, so I'll just assume you were having a bad, "case of the Mondays."

You "obviously" know very little-to-nothing of my knowledge on the subject. I'm not going to post a resume or anything, but since my comments are taken at face value--trust me, I know A LOT about how the process works.

I would be very curious to learn about whatever message board history UFOILERFAN was alluding to--it truly is unfortunate there isn't more GMAC representation on the board to talk about what's going on with the conference's programs and analysis from fans that watch those teams on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

My sincerest apologies ... by failing to include /Sarcasm or #Sarcasm or some sort of emoji, I see the comment was taken 100% seriously at face value--AND apparently seemed to strike a nerve. As Boat alluded to, the Committee is given some latitude to consider "intangibles" in the final selection process. No, I don't believe the committee members spend much, if any, time on this board and/or use its participation (or lack of) to put one team or conference in over another. I see you posted your response on Nov. 1, so I'll just assume you were having a bad, "case of the Mondays."

You "obviously" know very little-to-nothing of my knowledge on the subject. I'm not going to post a resume or anything, but since my comments are taken at face value--trust me, I know A LOT about how the process works.

I would be very curious to learn about whatever message board history UFOILERFAN was alluding to--it truly is unfortunate there isn't more GMAC representation on the board to talk about what's going on with the conference's programs and analysis from fans that watch those teams on a regular basis.
      I would venture a guess that most (if not all) the selection committee members are aware of this message board. Possibly a goodly number access it from time to time. I'd be surprised if they use it as any sort of research tool to assist them in rankings/selections but you never know. If they have the latitude to consider intangables (your word...mine would be personal opinions or bias), nothing says that they couldn't factor postings into their opinions.

While I often disagree with your opinions, I can vouch for your general knowledge about DII football.

Comment

For real, why are no GMAC people posting, outside of a couple?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
          For real, why are no GMAC people posting, outside of a couple?
          Good question, RT. I've asked this question, but received little response. It could be that just not enough fans of GMAC teams are aware of D2footballl.com. I see almost no promotions for this site at any GMAC games, and little discussion about anything related to D2. Part of the problem, IMO, is that conference does not in anyway that I've noticed promote this site as a place for all things D2. Most SIDs know and use this site, but do not post in the forums. Scores, polls and general news most likely gains the attention of those in the know. I will say this about the GMAC: underrated, but will, before long, gain respect from the GLIACs, GACs, MIAAs. There are at least five to six good teams in this conference, but the respect will probably not be forthcoming until one of those teams wins a national championship, or consistently finish in the top four teams nationally. That's tall order for a private college/university, especially for Hillsdale. No school in the GMAC, or few D2 schools if any nationally, have the academic entrance requirements to be accepted at Hillsdale, and that includes athletes who do not get special or preferential treatment. Makes recruiting double tough for the coaches.

Comment

I think it's only a matter of time until a GMAC team makes a run to the national semifinals. SR1's struggles at that stage are well-documented, but teams still receive a fair amount of recognition by making it there. If a GMAC school makes it there, and acquits itself well, that's a step towards garnering respect.

I will say, as long as a GMAC team isn't up against a PSAC team in the playoffs, I'll be rooting for them. Y'all have built a great, competitive conference that's fun to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post

Good question, RT. I've asked this question, but received little response. It could be that just not enough fans of GMAC teams are aware of D2footballl.com. I see almost no promotions for this site at any GMAC games, and little discussion about anything related to D2. Part of the problem, IMO, is that conference does not in anyway that I've noticed promote this site as a place for all things D2. Most SIDs know and use this site, but do not post in the forums. Scores, polls and general news most likely gains the attention of those in the know. I will say this about the GMAC: underrated, but will, before long, gain respect from the GLIACs, GACs, MIAAs. There are at least five to six good teams in this conference, but the respect will probably not be forthcoming until one of those teams wins a national championship, or consistently finish in the top four teams nationally. That's tall order for a private college/university, especially for Hillsdale. No school in the GMAC, or few D2 schools if any nationally, have the academic entrance requirements to be accepted at Hillsdale, and that includes athletes who do not get special or preferential treatment. Makes recruiting double tough for the coaches.
              Well, if you ever want to discuss the region in general, come over to PSAC board. It's the most active board on the site, and we talk about regional implications all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Well, if you ever want to discuss the region in general, come over to PSAC board. It's the most active board on the site, and we talk about regional implications all of the time.
                As well as all sorts of other silly $#@&. !! Sometimes nasty, but always yakkin' about something or other.

Comment

Used to have several posters from Ashland and Hillsdale but I think a lot of them got mad when they came to the GMAC. Also had some from Tiffin and ODU. KWC posters usually hang out in the basketball forum as that is their favored sport. Seen a few from Walsh. LEC not so much.

Comment

Comment

Region 1 is going to be wide open this year. Tiffin if they beat Findlay, will have a great shot to win it. They'll have to do it all on the road though as they won't climb higher than 7th in the rankings. 3 straight road wins against essentially the best stretch of competition you've faced all year is a lot to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Region 1 is going to be wide open this year. Tiffin if they beat Findlay, will have a great shot to win it. They'll have to do it all on the road though as they won't climb higher than 7th in the rankings. 3 straight road wins against essentially the best stretch of competition you've faced all year is a lot to ask.
                        It's clearly possible. But how interesting would it be if Tiffin gets in due to EA and wins the region? Would that be an indication that the selection process is flawed or is it just a one-off? D2 has had roadies go all the way in the past (but I think there were 24 slots) but I don't recall any EA going anywhere near that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

It's clearly possible. But how interesting would it be if Tiffin gets in due to EA and wins the region? Would that be an indication that the selection process is flawed or is it just a one-off? D2 has had roadies go all the way in the past (but I think there were 24 slots) but I don't recall any EA going anywhere near that far.
                          Sure it's possible, I would say unlikely though.

I think it would be more of an indication that we are coming off a lost year because of Covid and teams are generally younger with more variable for ups and downs. And yes I do know Region 1 is historically the weak region and probably has too many participants year to year that take away from other stronger regions. (if of course that is where this was head, if not apologize for assuming).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X