Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Derek Redd reports Shepherd is leaving the MEC after next year

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    There is no such thing as poaching. Schools do what they feel is in their own best interest.
    So you seem to be saying that every conference should feel free to contact any school they choose and invite them to join at any time they chose to do so. So effectively the commitment schools make to a conference and the commitment the conferences makes to it's member teams means nothing. School isn't playing up to the conference standards...cut them immediately and get a "better" team from another conference...they have a couple of down years, cut them too.

That's a very mercenary outlook.

Comment

Reference the ACC

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        So you seem to be saying that every conference should feel free to contact any school they choose and invite them to join at any time they chose to do so. So effectively the commitment schools make to a conference and the commitment the conferences makes to it's member teams means nothing. School isn't playing up to the conference standards...cut them immediately and get a "better" team from another conference...they have a couple of down years, cut them too.

That's a very mercenary outlook.
        It's how it works......kinda. Once a school is in a conference it's hard to kick them out without a lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post
          Because they were recruited to replace 1 school and keep the conference at 12. Now the conference they were supposed to join lost another member (and a close one at that).

The MEC is starting to look unstable with a rumor that a third school might be on the way out
          "Rumors" posted on this message board by Stea1th based on what he has "heard" don't count as real rumors. In order of the rumors he hears seemingly every day are:

1. NDC is going to the GMAC and will be announcing it shortly.
          2. Urbana is going to end it's athletic program and will be announcing it shortly.
          3. NDC and Urbana are in talks to join the GMAC with an announcement to be made shortly.
          4. The GMAC and MEC are going to "trade" NDC and Urbana for AB, D&E and Ohio Valley with an announcement shortly.
          5. The GMAC and MEC are going to merge and kick out KWC...announcement shortly.

Oldies but goodies from his regular rumor rotation:

1. WJ has been invited to join the GMAC and will be accepting shortly.
          2. WJ is joining the GMAC because they don't want to start football...announcement shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            It's how it works......kinda. Once a school is in a conference it's hard to kick them out without a lawsuit.
            Nothing in the by-laws or constitution say that a conference has to offer continued membership to a school. Seems like if 2/3'rds of the members want a school out, they can vote them out.

Filing lawsuits is easy...you can find any number of lawyers willing to do that for almost anything...All a school would have to do is pay for it.

Didn't the GMAC cut Salem?

Comment

Cheyney...Mansfield.
              Mansfield dropped football. Cheyney finally did the right thing. At least the PSAC doesn't have schools fleeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                Mansfield dropped football. Cheyney finally did the right thing. At least the PSAC doesn't have schools fleeing.
                PSAC has schools dropping athletics and will have more to follow. Now that Cheyney is gone, the light is being shinned on the other PSAC teams set to close/merge/drop athletics like Mansfield, Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven and a host of others.

Comment

"Rumors" posted on this message board by Stea1th based on what he has "heard" don't count as real rumors. In order of the rumors he hears seemingly every day are:

1. NDC is going to the GMAC and will be announcing it shortly.
                  2. Urbana is going to end it's athletic program and will be announcing it shortly.
                  3. NDC and Urbana are in talks to join the GMAC with an announcement to be made shortly.
                  4. The GMAC and MEC are going to "trade" NDC and Urbana for AB, D&E and Ohio Valley with an announcement shortly.
                  5. The GMAC and MEC are going to merge and kick out KWC...announcement shortly.

Oldies but goodies from his regular rumor rotation:

1. WJ has been invited to join the GMAC and will be accepting shortly.
                  2. WJ is joining the GMAC because they don't want to start football...announcement shortly.
                  I never claimed any of those things. Not sure why you would say that I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                    I never claimed any of those things. Not sure why you would say that I did.
                    From earlier today:

My understanding is that NDC has recently inquired. I expect movement. Time will tell.

Comment

From earlier today:
                      Inquiring and being accepted and ready to make an announcement are two entirely different things.

Comment

Inquiring and being accepted and ready to make an announcement are two entirely different things.
                        Hahahahaha!!! OK!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                          Well, if things get so bad hopefully West Liberty could try and get in the PSAC West or the GMAC. They are in a good location for either.
                          No way...I'd rather see us go independent!

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Comment

PSAC has schools dropping athletics and will have more to follow. Now that Cheyney is gone, the light is being shinned on the other PSAC teams set to close/merge/drop athletics like Mansfield, Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven and a host of others.

Comment

That clearly is your desire as you have been talking about if for at least the last year.
                                Yes, since the other OH D2 schools moved to the GMAC, I believe it is where NDC belongs. It might not happen this year or next, but ultimately it seems like the right move for the school. You can disagree with me as to whether that is the right move for NDC. Good people can disagree. Unfortunately, after your attempt to smear me yesterday, I'm not convinced you are good people. I know you are in a bad place right now, but that is no reason to make up stuff about me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X