Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between a good coaching staff and a bad one. Glenville makes halftime adjustments and have shut the Toppers offense completely down. And their offense has moved the ball. WLU holding onto a 3 point lead with 11 to play in the game. 23-20.

Then Robinson pulls WLU's butt out of the fire. Comes back for an under thrown long pass on 3 and 10 and laps the Glenville D down to the 1/2 yard line. WLU runs it in on the next play! WLU 30 G'ville 20.

Comment

JEEZ!!! WLU blocks a punt to give the offense the short field which they convert into a TD...Then the defense with the sack/fumble which a D'lineman picks up and RUMBLES into the end zone!! Just...WOW!! WLU up 43-20 with 4 to play. I think MAYBE WLU MIGHT win...BUUUTTT...the game aint over yet!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        JEEZ!!! WLU blocks a punt to give the offense the short field which they convert into a TD...Then the defense with the sack/fumble which a D'lineman picks up and RUMBLES into the end zone!! Just...WOW!! WLU up 43-20 with 4 to play. I think MAYBE WLU MIGHT win...BUUUTTT...the game aint over yet!!

Comment

Comment

Wake me up when Roger is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper912 View Post
              Wake me up when Roger is gone.
              Did we play a football game this weekend? I was otherwise engaged. One month until basketball season begins!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenontheHill View Post
                offensive line may be the worst in the country and have been for at least a decade. Absolutely no push, no aggression, and are just soft. They look fat, weak, and slow, AND THE OFFENSE STILL SCORED 29 PTS!!!! which tells me the skill kids are pretty good.
                Which brings me to the 2nd biggest problem at WLU when I was a student there and since.....the Defense is terrible. From what I saw yesterday, State was really only running stretch and gashing them for 6-10 at a clip. They have never been able to cover a screen to save their life, and never have an answer for a QB who scrambles.
                These are forever issues with WLU. Particularly the terrible D and inability to do ANYTHING to stop a running QB. After 10+ years of trying with the same DC and getting the same results, you got to wonder if it just MIGHT be his fault. If he ain't getting players that can play the style he want's to play, you got three choices...change your defensive style, change the type of players you recruit, or, and this appears to be the one WLU has chosen, continue to beat your head against the wall and hope for better results.

As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results.

Comment

Comment

The inattention to their football field is a head scratcher. They have made a number of upgrades over the recent years that hint at a first rate program (brand new athletic complex in 2014 and a new multi-sport complex in 2018) but then they trot out the turd that is their football stadium! It's like buying a new BMW but getting it without AC and crank windows.

Comment

Added a million-dollar video board. Still have a 10-cent field. Great game atmosphere, though. Lot of excitement in the crowd and on the sideline. Would have been a great time if I hadn't had to watch the game. lol

Comment

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
                        Added a million-dollar video board. Still have a 10-cent field. Great game atmosphere, though. Lot of excitement in the crowd and on the sideline. Would have been a great time if I hadn't had to watch the game. lol
                        HBCU's just do game day right! I went to a Bowie vs. Virginia State game about 10 years ago and was blown away by the atmosphere...Home and visitor stands were PACKED...half time was HIGHLY entertaining with both bands competing to one-up the other. On field play wasn't great (as I recall, neither team was that good that year) but the stands erupted for every positive play "their" team made and GROWWWWNNEED for every missed catch, fumble and interception. Quite a different atmosphere than most other DII's.

Comment

Just so you guys know, State is installing turf after the season. So that ten cent field, will be worth a few cents more next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJacket View Post

Just so you guys know, State is installing turf after the season. So that ten cent field, will be worth a few cents more next year.
                            You'll never regret it. So hard to maintain a grass field. Looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

Well, they are playing Concord so we shouldn't go overboard, but WLU is up 23-0 in the second. Offense is clicking so far and the defense is playing well. But again, it's against Concord so we probably shouldn't read too much into it.

Make that 30-0 with 6 to play in the half.

Comment

WLU up 44-0 with about 5 to play in the 3rd. Back-ups in.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X