Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL!! WLU trying to make it a ball game. Nifty drive for the Topper TD. WLU 17 NDC 22 with 5 to play in the 3rd!

Comment

WLU just has no answer for McLaughlin. He's pushing 300 yards late in the 4th. After WLU closed to 5 NDC put their foot on the gas and is up 43 to 24 with 4 to play.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

HERE you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9pFmkeCtNA

THIS ONE IS FOR ALL THE MARBLES!!!!
        Great stuff right there!

I got to see Jaleel McLaughlin run in person during the playoff game against Hillsdale; he is the real deal. Lightning speed and has an ability use the smallest holes to avoid tackles and make his way up the field. His skills were huge to the success of their season last year and a good reason to bet on them in the coming years. I just happened to tune into the game last night just in time to see him take one the distance for a touchdown. I'm still envious of West Liberty's broadcast abilities which I'd say is the pride of the MEC and beyond.
        I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post

Great stuff right there!

I got to see Jaleel McLaughlin run in person during the playoff game against Hillsdale; he is the real deal. Lightning speed and has an ability use the smallest holes to avoid tackles and make his way up the field. His skills were huge to the success of their season last year and a good reason to bet on them in the coming years. I just happened to tune into the game last night just in time to see him take one the distance for a touchdown. I'm still envious of West Liberty's broadcast abilities which I'd say is the pride of the MEC and beyond.
          The new Topper Station platform they debuted last night kind of takes it to the next level. (www.topperstation.com) If you're into nostalgia, they have the complete broadcast for every football and basketball game from today all the way back to the 2007 season. Talk about Memory Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post

Great stuff right there!

I'd go so far as to say he is the best back in the history of the MEC and the WVIAC...BAR NONE! Thinks he did and the cuts he made Thursday were D1 quality...and I ain't talking D1 back up quality! I'd like to know the story about how he ended up at a "lowly" DII as opposed to a D1 P5.

WLU's media program is really good. Quite a few graduates go to ESPN, FS1 and other national and regional sports networks. Outside of one "paid" announcer, the broadcasts are 100% student produced and run. I enjoy watching the evolution of the production value as the football season goes by. You can see the learning curve game to game in the little things...camera's become more steady...graphics become crisper...replay's become more on time...etc. One of the little things I notices Thursday was that the replays were a little late on big plays and the down and distance bug was sometimes off (1 and 10 when it was 3 and 5). I would imagine they will address those things "in class" throughout the week and by next game, these, and probably 50 other things we didn't really pick up on will be "fixed." I just wish we had a football team worthy of the 1st tier brodcast our students put together!!

Comment

I'd go so far as to say he is the best back in the history of the MEC and the WVIAC...BAR NONE! Thinks he did and the cuts he made Thursday were D1 quality...and I ain't talking D1 back up quality! I'd like to know the story about how he ended up at a "lowly" DII as opposed to a D1 P5.

WLU's media program is really good. Quite a few graduates go to ESPN, FS1 and other national and regional sports networks. Outside of one "paid" announcer, the broadcasts are 100% student produced and run. I enjoy watching the evolution of the production value as the football season goes by. You can see the learning curve game to game in the little things...camera's become more steady...graphics become crisper...replay's become more on time...etc. One of the little things I notices Thursday was that the replays were a little late on big plays and the down and distance bug was sometimes off (1 and 10 when it was 3 and 5). I would imagine they will address those things "in class" throughout the week and by next game, these, and probably 50 other things we didn't really pick up on will be "fixed." I just wish we had a football team worthy of the 1st tier brodcast our students put together!!
              Been some good backs in this conference over the years. Dervon Wallace and Damian Beane come to mind for the old Shepherd homers. Jaleel is awesome though no doubt.

Comment

Just wanted to Say too all of the WLU Fans. Welcome to the Mountain!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Been some good backs in this conference over the years. Dervon Wallace and Damian Beane come to mind for the old Shepherd homers. Jaleel is awesome though no doubt.
                  Who??

Comment

My only fear if I was a ND fan would be keeping him healthy. He's at 51 carries through two games. That's a real heavy workload.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My only fear if I was a ND fan would be keeping him healthy. He's at 51 carries through two games. That's a real heavy workload.
                      Could be just that they were playing us, but #5 (Green I think) looked like a pretty good back as well. Maybe not quite as good as McLaughlin, but still pretty dam good!

Comment

Frostburg 35 WLU 14

Comment

THURSDAY, Thursday, thursday, thursday! THURSDAY NIGHT UNDER THE LIGHTS AT SMOKIN' hot Frostburg Bobcat Stadium watch the best Division II football teams IN THE COUNTRY try to push each other to obtain TOTAL mountain DOMINATION!!! Watch "Zach Attack" Phillips and the high powered West Liberty AIR RAID offense drop BOMBS on the belligerent Frostburg defenders. Don't miss a moments action as "Pure Smoke" Anthony Smoot puts his foot on the gas as he SCREAMS through the 100 yards past Frostburg defenders!! See "TV Tommy" Coles take on all comers in his big bodied jet powered show as he ROCKETS to the goal line!! TTTHHHUUUUURRRRRRSSSSSDDDDAAAAYYYY NIGHT UNDER THE LIGHTS at Frostburg stadium WERE THE GREAT ONES RIDE!!!!!

BEEEEE THEREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Frostburg on the board first 7-0

Comment

Frisbee with the 85 yard run for a Topper TD!! All tied up at 14 with 3 to play in the half.

Comment

This game is way to close

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X