X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

Yes by far, that MU team put up 72 points our our best defensive team in the last 5 years (including this year) they made our NFL defensive tackle look like just a guy. As well as this offense is nowhere near as good as the team we put up during that season. Notre Dame is good, that RB is special but as a team, Mount would beat Notre Dame. Mount would beat most D2 schools, they should not be a D3 school but them being a private school they can take advantage of the d3 rules to be a powerhouse.
    I don't disagree that MU would beat quite a few D2 schools. But your still too salty over catching that L...

50% of D2 schools are D3 schools masquerading as D2 schools. Off the top of my head Millersville, Lock Haven, Lincoln, Wheeling, Concord, WVW, etc. 80% of the NE10 schools as well.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

So you are saying the Mount Union team that Frostburg State were able to score 37 points on the road against is better than the this Notre Dame College team that Frostburg were able to put only 13 points while at home? Come on my man, you have to give Notre Dame a little more credit than that.
    Yes by far, that MU team put up 72 points our our best defensive team in the last 5 years (including this year) they made our NFL defensive tackle look like just a guy. As well as this offense is nowhere near as good as the team we put up during that season. Notre Dame is good, that RB is special but as a team, Mount would beat Notre Dame. Mount would beat most D2 schools, they should not be a D3 school but them being a private school they can take advantage of the d3 rules to be a powerhouse.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    After reviewing the film. Notre Dame was who we thought they were! I still stand that the Mount team we played in the playoffs 3 years ago was better then this ND team we played this past saturday. With that being said I knew ND was going to be a tough loss and seeing how the OC was very predictable, especially on first downs, A team the caliber of ND was sure to pick it up. I will say this: i'm impressed with the RB from ND, not so much with the rest of the team, talent wise they are not far and away better than any other team. I will say this, we are a lot closer than i thought to winning the conference. Year 2 will be a step down for us, but year 3 we will win this conference! looking forward to playing ND next year.
    So you are saying the Mount Union team that Frostburg State were able to score 37 points on the road against is better than the this Notre Dame College team that Frostburg were able to put only 13 points while at home? Come on my man, you have to give Notre Dame a little more credit than that.

Leave a comment:

• NDCfan
    replied
    You're funny! Guess you're forgetting about the 5 sacks by NDC defense. Also your running back was averaging 106 yards per game, and you were rushing for 152 yards as a team. We held you to 85 yards rushing while your defense gave up 347 yards rushing. Kind of seems like we have a lot more talent than you thought. The one thing you are right about is that Jaleel is amazing!

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    After reviewing the film. Notre Dame was who we thought they were! I still stand that the Mount team we played in the playoffs 3 years ago was better then this ND team we played this past saturday. With that being said I knew ND was going to be a tough loss and seeing how the OC was very predictable, especially on first downs, A team the caliber of ND was sure to pick it up. I will say this: i'm impressed with the RB from ND, not so much with the rest of the team, talent wise they are not far and away better than any other team. I will say this, we are a lot closer than i thought to winning the conference. Year 2 will be a step down for us, but year 3 we will win this conference! looking forward to playing ND next year.
    OKAAAAY ??!!

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
    Well guess today wasn't Frostburg's day. No shame in losing to a team like NDC. Shake it off and keep it moving. Get ready for the next opponent.

Frostburg may not win the MEC this season, but I'm almost willing to guarantee the success they've been having in year one at the D2 level will have a positive effect on their 2020 recruiting class. We'll definitely see fewer D2 players from Maryland going to PSAC and WV based MEC schools. Hell, Frostburg may even be able to land some solid players out of PA and WV (more so WV).
    I think yesterday's game was a pretty good measuring stick for Frostburg State. They are REALLY missing last year's star WR Malik Morris, who is taking a injury redshirt. I am hoping they can pick up a couple of in-state FCS transfers to go along with their recruiting. However, with a winning in-state D-II program in Bowie State as well as Shepherd still able to compete in the PSAC, Frostburg still will have problems grabbing the top players in Maryland. Both schools can use the probation period as a recruiting tool against Frostburg State. I can't wait until February to see who Frostburg is able to land.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
    Well guess today wasn't Frostburg's day. No shame in losing to a team like NDC. Shake it off and keep it moving. Get ready for the next opponent.

Frostburg may not win the MEC this season, but I'm almost willing to guarantee the success they've been having in year one at the D2 level will have a positive effect on their 2020 recruiting class. We'll definitely see fewer D2 players from Maryland going to PSAC and WV based MEC schools. Hell, Frostburg may even be able to land some solid players out of PA and WV (more so WV).
    Just show the players the CHIK fil A, and MOE'S SOUTHWEST on campus and SHEETZ a few blocks away and a lot of guys will be ready to sign up !!! Only problem is being sure they sign up for the right FSU.

Leave a comment:

• 4_tattoos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    I will also say this, Mount Union beats Notre Dame 9/10 times.
    This is not a good look. You will not be able to explain away every loss with "well Mount Union is better than them". At the end of the day you're not playing Mount Union anymore, you're playing D2 and these are the teams you have to measure up against and beat. Whether they are better than Mount Union or not is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Mount union is a better team then Notre dame. Or at least the mount we played 2 seasons ago in the quarters were better then this year Notre dames team. We had a better team then this years team as well
    Hmmmm ???? So you're saying that MU could have stood toe to toe with last year's D2 NC VALDOSTA STATE as NDC did in the semis ?
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-02-2019, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NDCfan
    replied
    Like I said Notre Dame wins!! Solid defense and offense!

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Mount union is a better team then Notre dame. Or at least the mount we played 2 seasons ago in the quarters were better then this year Notre dames team. We had a better team then this years team as well
    So salty lol!

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hmmmm ???

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    35-13 all the Notre dame fans who came get home safe!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X