Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will take WJU's spot in MEC???

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    There's zero chance of Seton Hill coming back. Less than zero, actually. They are centrally located in the PSAC West. Light travel. After a decade they are finally making some rivalries in numerous sports.
    That's good...Don't really want them back. We have our own soup sandwich now in D&E.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      That's good...Don't really want them back. We have our own soup sandwich now in D&E.
      lol .... YEP. Know the feeling.

Seton Hill does have some good 'non publicity' sports. Their baseball is very good and women's basketball/volleyball is strong.

That said, their football program is an embarrassment. Men's basketball has had some years of at least being respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        lol .... YEP. Know the feeling.

Seton Hill does have some good 'non publicity' sports. Their baseball is very good and women's basketball/volleyball is strong.

That said, their football program is an embarrassment. Men's basketball has had some years of at least being respectable.
        We'll take Seton Hill if you guys take D&E!!!

Comment

Boat

What in the name of the hilltop has West Liberty been good at except one random football year and basketball. Really nothing else is relevant. Wrestling has fallen off. Wait my wife just said Acro. Really honey Acro!

Comment

Originally posted by DHutchFC View Post
            Boat

What in the name of the hilltop has West Liberty been good at except one random football year and basketball. Really nothing else is relevant. Wrestling has fallen off. Wait my wife just said Acro. Really honey Acro!
            In MEC team sports aggregate, WLU teams stand at 106 wins and 76 defeats...Aggregate winning percentages - WLU .582

Don't know who you pull for, but as this is a WJU related thread, WJU stands at 74 wins and 100 losses in MEC sponsored sports. Winning % of .425

In H-to-H matchups, WLU currently leads WJU 7 wins to 5.

WLU has five teams that are or finished above .500 while WJU has two.

We were talking about D&E right before your comment so if that is who you were talking about, D&E teams stand at 32 and 92 for an aggregate winning percentage of .258. They have no teams that either finished at or currently stand at .500.

WLU Acro finished 2-4 while D&E Acro finished 1-4. WLU beat D&E in a critical mid season head to head barn burner 230.795 to 208.590.
            Last edited by boatcapt; 03-21-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Our Women's Basketball team makes the tournament more times than not. Now admittedly we never do anything once we make the tournament, but we still make the tournament which is pretty successful overall. Volleyball has been much better under the new coach. Wrestling used to be really good but no idea how good it currently is.

Football has been trash and will continue to be complete trash as long as we keep the big Hawaiian as our HC.

Comment

In MEC team sports aggregate, WLU teams stand at 106 wins and 76 defeats...Aggregate winning percentages - WLU .582
                Which proves DHutchFC's point. Take away men's basketball 28-5 season and you've got 78-71.

Hard to go down the volleyball route in the "WJU related thread".

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                  Which proves DHutchFC's point. Take away men's basketball 28-5 season and you've got 78-71.

Hard to go down the volleyball route in the "WJU related thread".
                  Well, if we're removing teams from the equation, I might be inclined to remove WJUs volleyball record. But I won't do that. But I note that even removing just WLUs mens basketball record from the equation we are still on the good side of .500 which is still better than WJU.

Comment

Boat

My point is why are you throwing stones. No one in this conference is good in all sports. Most are avg at best. WL is great in both basketballs and avg at best in the rest. Glenville great wbb and below avg at best in the rest. Shepherd great in football and baseball and well the rest is avg. Wise bad in everything. Weslyan good in softball. State avg in everything except baseball. Jesuit well your point is made. Notre Dame is scary folks they could dominate this conference for years to come! But my point is those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and beggars like the MEC to fill membership cant be choosers.

Comment

Don't know who you pull for, but as this is a WJU related thread, WJU stands at 74 wins and 100 losses in MEC sponsored sports. Winning % of .425

In H-to-H matchups, WLU currently leads WJU 7 wins to 5.

WLU has five teams that are or finished above .500 while WJU has two.

We were talking about D&E right before your comment so if that is who you were talking about, D&E teams stand at 32 and 92 for an aggregate winning percentage of .258. They have no teams that either finished at or currently stand at .500.

WLU Acro finished 2-4 while D&E Acro finished 1-4. WLU beat D&E in a critical mid season head to head barn burner 230.795 to 208.590.
                      I am under the assumption that you pulled these numbers from this season? If so, could you go back and do the last 5 years? I think that would be a better indicator considering we are not using 1 season for each time.

I know it is time consuming, so I thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                        I am under the assumption that you pulled these numbers from this season? If so, could you go back and do the last 5 years? I think that would be a better indicator considering we are not using 1 season for each time.

Actually probably this season, where their softball team is a smidge over .500 as opposed to the previous 5 years where they have solid losing records.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I like research but I don't like it THAT much!!!

Comment

I like research but I don't like it THAT much!!!

Well I did the research lol.

Before I give the results I left out cross country, golf, track and field for each school because their results stated "3rd of 10" or 2nd place at their conference meets. Mainly those sports don't necessarily compete head to head, but with a group of teams, other than golf. I don't know why that was listed different. I did not look for results for West Liberty's women's acro team.

Wheeling Jesuit

Men's teams had a combined record of 337-332-20 for the past 5 years. It gives them a 49% winning percentage.

Women's teams had a combined record of 448-297 for the past 5 years. It gives them a 60% winning percentage.

When put together Wheeling Jesuit had a 55.5% winning percentage in their athletic department in a 5 year span.

West Liberty

Men's teams had a combined record of 378-248-3 for the past 5 years. It gives them a 60% winning percentage.

Women's teams had a combined record of 348-379 for the past 5 years. It gives them a 48% winning percentage.

When put together West Liberty had a 53.6% winning percentage in their athletic department in a 5 year span.

*Side note. A few schedules listed either "2015-2014" or "2015" in their archives. I took the single year results FOR BOTH SCHOOLS.

I find the results pretty accurate, although statistics can be misleading. W.J participated in 689 contests while W.L had 626. They both have 6 sports (I did not include W.J. football for obvious reasons).

For women's. W.J. participated in 745 contests, while W.L. had 727. They too have the same amount of sports; 5.

So my results show that Wheeling Jesuit has a slightly better athletic program over West Liberty, but like I said there were a few Olympic sports left out for win/loss purposes.

Comment

As someone that doesn't particularly care about women's sports, I'm fine with saying WLU men's program is clearly better than WJUs!

Comment

As someone that doesn't particularly care about women's sports, I'm fine with saying WLU men's program is clearly better than WJUs!
                                Than why did you include Women's sports in your original head to head data, and softball?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X