Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will take WJU's spot in MEC???

Because I didnt feel like breaking it out. Just added it up and posted the numbers.

Comment

Comment

Considering how long it took to add football since joining the MEC, that's a pretty stunning move ... if true.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Heard from more than one person with direct knowledge of the situation that WJU went to the diocese for another bailout and got turned down flat. This just sounds like they're grasping at straws. If they're seriously thinking about pulling the plug on athletics, that's basically telling 2/3 of their student body to go away. In retrospect, the Danny Sancomb mess may have been the canary in the coal mine for Wheeling Jesuit as an institution, not just an athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Because I didnt feel like breaking it out. Just added it up and posted the numbers.
            Well if you used their data than you actually do care. Here's the funny thing, if Horrorchild didn't bring it up, neither would have you. You would have used women's data to prove a point about their men's programs.

I award you 0 points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Gosh I hope thats true. I would love to see that whole place close down for good.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                Well if you used their data than you actually do care. Here's the funny thing, if Horrorchild didn't bring it up, neither would have you. You would have used women's data to prove a point about their men's programs.

I award you 0 points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
                I claim 4 points for myself and subtract 1 from you. That gives the game to me 4-0.

With WJU shuttering all their athletic programs, WLU will continue to be the best men's athletic program!!

Comment

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
                  Heard from more than one person with direct knowledge of the situation that WJU went to the diocese for another bailout and got turned down flat. This just sounds like they're grasping at straws. If they're seriously thinking about pulling the plug on athletics, that's basically telling 2/3 of their student body to go away. In retrospect, the Danny Sancomb mess may have been the canary in the coal mine for Wheeling Jesuit as an institution, not just an athletic department.
                  WLU will take a select few. Maybe one basketball player,
                  some football players and a couple of wrestlers.

Comment

Maybe the announcement Wednesday is that West Liberty is purchasing the assets of WJU and will use the facilities as a satellite campus? West Liberty - Wheeling...WLW!

Comment

On the D2 football site, under "Teams", Wheeling Jesuit is not listed under the MEC. Frostburg is listed and Shepherd has been moved to the PSAC. Wise is listed with the SAC. So it appears the site is up to date. So.....I guess my question is has Wheeling Jesuit officially notified there will not be a football team this fall? I guess the site is completely up to date if they are NOT having a team this year, or if they are playing this fall they need to be added.

http://www.d2football.com/teams/mec/c27/

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                        On the D2 football site, under "Teams", Wheeling Jesuit is not listed under the MEC. Frostburg is listed and Shepherd has been moved to the PSAC. Wise is listed with the SAC. So it appears the site is up to date. So.....I guess my question is has Wheeling Jesuit officially notified there will not be a football team this fall? I guess the site is completely up to date if they are NOT having a team this year, or if they are playing this fall they need to be added.

http://www.d2football.com/teams/mec/c27/
                        I wouldn't take that to have some hidden meaning. Took them until this past season to change remove WVIAC and add MEC to the Atlantic basketball board!!!

I wouldn't read much into this one way or the other but I note that their football team is in the midst of their spring practice. I'd think if some decision had been made and was being held secret, they would have "delayed" spring practice.

Rumor was that there was supposed to be some sort of announcement today.

Comment

Announcement made. Staying open another year, but with "difficult decisions" to come.

https://wtov9.com/news/local/wju-to-...ncial-exigency

Comment

Continued financial challenges have put our university in a position where we do not have the resources to bridge the gap between highly discounted enrollment, associated academic and athletic programming costshttp://www.theintelligencer.net/news...-in-2019-2020/

Comment

Does anyone actually see them playing football this fall? Looks like some open dates are upcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                                Does anyone actually see them playing football this fall? Looks like some open dates are upcoming.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X