Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So im back. We swung and miss at some of the big time guys we try to get but coach wagoner will be a good fit. I was just missing because of some personal issues and now that i'm back in the swing of things i'll be back, semi consistant basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
      So im back. We swung and miss at some of the big time guys we try to get but coach wagoner will be a good fit. I was just missing because of some personal issues and now that i'm back in the swing of things i'll be back, semi consistant basis.
      Welcome back!! Hope the personal stuff gets worked out satisfactorily. Drop in whenever possible especially in the dead zone between now and August. The more the merrier

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
        Real_FSU_47 - welcome back. I sincerely hope that your personal issues have been taken care of.

I live here in Maryland, so I am REALLY pulling for Frostburg St to continue developing into a strong football program. I do not want them to take a few steps back. So I hope Coach Wagoner can keep the momentum going.

Comment

The Head Coaching job at Frostburg State is a good gig. I wish Wagoner well.
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
            The Head Coaching job at Frostburg State is a good gig. I wish Wagoner well.
            Frostburg State finished ranked in the Top 25 in their 3rd year of D-II, as well as tied for 1st in the MEC, but was not able to attract any big name coaches to replace Coach Fitz? To me, something does not sound quite right. However, I too wish Wagoner well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Frostburg State finished ranked in the Top 25 in their 3rd year of D-II, as well as tied for 1st in the MEC, but was not able to attract any big name coaches to replace Coach Fitz? To me, something does not sound quite right. However, I too wish Wagoner well.
              We have a perception of the jobs in SR1 that perhaps potential coaching canadates from the rest of the country don't have. When was the last time that an SR1 team pulled a truely high caliber applicant who wasn't already working in the region or had some sort of alumni/family connection with SR1?

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

We have a perception of the jobs in SR1 that perhaps potential coaching candidates from the rest of the country don't have. When was the last time that an SR1 team pulled a truly high caliber applicant who wasn't already working in the region or had some sort of alumni/family connection with SR1?
                Made some great points boatcapt . Very interested in how Frostburg State's 2022 season unfolds.

Comment

Agree. The MEC needs FSU to be a strong program.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                    Agree. The MEC needs FSU to be a strong program.
                    The MEC has had a strong #2 almost every season. Currently, Frostburg is that team but UC has been in the hunt as well. When NDC ascended to the top of the MEC in 2018, Fairmont was their top foe with Shepherd a strong #3. Going back to the first two years of the MEC, Shepherd won the title with Concord as a strong #2...the following year, Concord and Shepherd swapped places with Concord as #1 and Shepherd #2.

NDC is the current top dog in the MEC and probably the top program in MEC history with Frostburg and UC as the 2 and 3. Fairmont has fallen off after a strong 3 year run with Concord doing the same after a two year run and a Regional Championship in 2014.

If I had to guess 2022, I'd say:

1. NDC - To be the dog you have to beat the dog...No one has been able to do that since 2017.
                    2. Frostburg - Will they take a step back after losing their HC??
                    3. UC - See above.
                    4. UNCP - They didn't do as well as some thought they might in their first season in a pittly little SR1 conference.
                    5. Fairmont - Typical MOP season for them.
                    6. WV State - Seems like every year we think they will finally break through...and it just doesn't happen.
                    7. Wheeling - Not a bad team but just not ready to make a jump.
                    8. Glenville - Keller is a good coach...right??
                    9. WLU - Ughhhh...
                    10. AB - Just feels like this is were they will end.
                    11. Concord
                    12. WVW

Comment

The MEC has had a strong #2 almost every season. Currently, Frostburg is that team but UC has been in the hunt as well. When NDC ascended to the top of the MEC in 2018, Fairmont was their top foe with Shepherd a strong #3. Going back to the first two years of the MEC, Shepherd won the title with Concord as a strong #2...the following year, Concord and Shepherd swapped places with Concord as #1 and Shepherd #2.

NDC is the current top dog in the MEC and probably the top program in MEC history with Frostburg and UC as the 2 and 3. Fairmont has fallen off after a strong 3 year run with Concord doing the same after a two year run and a Regional Championship in 2014.

If I had to guess 2022, I'd say:

1. NDC - To be the dog you have to beat the dog...No one has been able to do that since 2017.
                      2. Frostburg - Will they take a step back after losing their HC??
                      3. UC - See above.
                      4. UNCP - They didn't do as well as some thought they might in their first season in a pittly little SR1 conference.
                      5. Fairmont - Typical MOP season for them.
                      6. WV State - Seems like every year we think they will finally break through...and it just doesn't happen.
                      7. Wheeling - Not a bad team but just not ready to make a jump.
                      8. Glenville - Keller is a good coach...right??
                      9. WLU - Ughhhh...
                      10. AB - Just feels like this is were they will end.
                      11. Concord
                      12. WVW

Comment

NDC has won four titles : 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018. Fact that they have won four in a row makes them the best in the albeit short history of the MEC.

Comment

NDC has won four titles : 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018. Fact that they have won four in a row makes them the best in the albeit short history of the MEC.
                          2020 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

2020 lol
                            Just 'cause you were too skeer'd to play, don't be hatin' on programs that did!

Comment

Just 'cause you were too skeer'd to play, don't be hatin' on programs that did!
                              Rams got one game in, nothing else was available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Rams got one game in, nothing else was available.
                                One game is effectively giving up. I note that Hurst, Gannon, Tiffin played abreviated spring schedules so Shepherd could have played...If they really wanted to.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X