Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bloomsburg

Merrimack had more penalties. Bloom killed a couple of drives with penalties, and they don't have the passing game to make that up. I was wondering when they were going to make a QB change, I would give him a C-. Something has to change with the wideouts too. The best wr Allen had 2 catches, and the TE wasn't really involved in the passing game. They have some back ups who need a look.

Merrmack's offense was impressive with the short passes. They have some talent and the QB make things happen. Bloom couldn't get much pressure on him.

The scoreboard looks larger in person. The whole thing is a video screen.

Highlights:
    https://www.pahomepage.com/sports/fo...ium/1412515648

https://twitter.com/SteveLloydWNEP

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Merrimack had more penalties. Bloom killed a couple of drives with penalties, and they don't have the passing game to make that up. I was wondering when they were going to make a QB change, I would give him a C-. Something has to change with the wideouts too. The best wr Allen had 2 catches, and the TE wasn't really involved in the passing game. They have some back ups who need a look.

Merrmack's offense was impressive with the short passes. They have some talent and the QB make things happen. Bloom couldn't get much pressure on him.

The scoreboard looks larger in person. The whole thing is a video screen.

Highlights:
      https://www.pahomepage.com/sports/fo...ium/1412515648

https://twitter.com/SteveLloydWNEP
      It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

If I was thinking rationally, it's too early to panic. Benjamin had 2 interceptions, and should have had 3. Leiby is the back-up and apparently is ready to give up a redshirt this year if he gets the call. He likely doesn't know the offense yet. Press Enterprise quoted Darragh: "Erik will learn a lot from this game. Sometimes he was challenging deep when he had some things short.."

Comment

Bloom apparently has the nicest scoreboard in the region and PSAC per AD.

https://wnep.com/2018/09/02/bloomsbu...ns-scoreboard/

Comment

If you're Paul Darrah would you rather have a half million dollar scoreboard or an extra $20k in scholarships each year?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              If you're Paul Darrah would you rather have a half million dollar scoreboard or an extra $20k in scholarships each year?
              I would take the cash. The school is selling it as benefiting track, high school football games, graduation ceremonies, etc..., which sometimes makes donors satisfied their money is helping more.

Comment

[QUOTE=HuskyNation24;2252549]
                Last edited by BloomFan; 09-04-2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

To be out of football for the last 2 years Sillman played great with over 200+ total yards. Bloom looks like they'll do well as long as the running game is working, if they fall behind and have to rely on the passing game I'm not quite sure they'll be able to hang with WCU/Ship/Kutztown in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                    To be out of football for the last 2 years Sillman played great with over 200+ total yards. Bloom looks like they'll do well as long as the running game is working, if they fall behind and have to rely on the passing game I'm not quite sure they'll be able to hang with WCU/Ship/Kutztown in the East.
                    I would agree if this were last year, or we knew what Benjamin's ceiling is. However the cockeyed optimist in me thinks that he can improve his passing game to the point where it's a consistent threat. Other than his INTs, I thought he played pretty well considering it was his first start. I'm hopeful this was his floor and he can only improve from here. The dude was first team all state after all.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
                      I would agree if this were last year, or we knew what Benjamin's ceiling is. However the cockeyed optimist in me thinks that he can improve his passing game to the point where it's a consistent threat. Other than his INTs, I thought he played pretty well considering it was his first start. I'm hopeful this was his floor and he can only improve from here. The dude was first team all state after all.
                      I am worried about the secondary honestly. Merrimack only returned one player from last years passing game. only one returning starter played this game and they passed for over 230 yards with a New Freshman Quarterback and 2 new Freshman receivers. Edinboro really throws the ball down field it looks.
                      Last edited by BloomFan; 09-04-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Said hello last night to a gentleman with a Bloomsburg Huskies polo at Wahburgers in Pittsburgh. That anyone on here?

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                          I am worried about the secondary honestly. Merrimack only returned one player from last years passing game. only one returning starter played this game and they passed for over 230 yards with a New Freshman Quarterback and 2 new Freshman receivers. Edinboro really throws the ball down field it looks.
                          I concur, they did not look stellar, but the front 7, I thought, did. And I think if the secondary can just play OK and limit big plays, then it could be a big year for that Husky defense.

Comment

I concur, they did not look stellar, but the front 7, I thought, did. And I think if the secondary can just play OK and limit big plays, then it could be a big year for that Husky defense.
                            Supposedly the team that Edinboro destroyed. lake Erie college 69-0 is very weak and a roster full of true freshman. . But the game did show The 2018 Edinboro team likes to pass. hopefully they huskies are up for the challenge.

Comment

The front seven got little pressure on Merrimack's QB; 2 sacks. The DBs played a decent game; few deep balls completed, average 6 yards a catch, and 3 of top 6 tacklers were DBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                                The front seven got little pressure on Merrimack's QB; 2 sacks. The DBs played a decent game; few deep balls completed, average 6 yards a catch, and 3 of top 6 tacklers were DBs.
                                They started a undersized true freshman at defensive tackle which I thought was surprising. I thought Argento would be the starter there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X