Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bloomsburg

Originally posted by bloomdad View Post
    I've. Been complaining about the offensive play calling for 3 years. I also believe one of the reasons McBryan retired was because they were going to a take the OC title from him. I could be wrong. Things will get real interesting of the lose at Mercyhurst because they have Ship, Kutztown then West Chester. When was the last time the Huskies started 1-5?
    I concur, and I have no idea why the Huskies threw the ball deep into coverage only to be intercepted for the third time on their next to last possession when there were still three and half minutes to go with ample time to throw short, underneath, to the sidelines, or even run the ball. Very disappointing possession! Very much need to win at Mercyhurst!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
      I concur, and I have no idea why the Huskies threw the ball deep into coverage only to be intercepted for the third time on their next to last possession when there were still three and half minutes to go with ample time to throw short, underneath, to the sidelines, or even run the ball. Very disappointing possession! Very much need to win at Mercyhurst!
      This probably makes me a terrible fan, but if they lose to Mercyhurt I almost hope they open 1-5 and force the AD to actually do something and fire come coaches.
      It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Things will get real interesting of the lose at Mercyhurst because they have Ship, Kutztown then West Chester. When was the last time the Huskies started 1-5?
        1993 they started 1-5 before wins over Kutztown and W. Chester in their next 2 games. Finished with 5-6 record, which was the last losing record for Bloom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
          1993 they started 1-5 before wins over Kutztown and W. Chester in their next 2 games. Finished with 5-6 record, which was the last losing record for Bloom.
          Thanks Bart. You seem to be the most informed Huskies fan. I appreciate all your info. My concern is that the Huskies are going the wrong direction. I can't speak for other parents who had kids go to Bloomsburg to play football but my son accepted a scholarship to play at Bloomsburg because of coach Hale and the tradition of winning even though he was offered more money at other PSAC schools. He had a great experience and was part of PSAC championship team which was great. If he was being recruited now he probably would have gone to Ship, Kutztown or West Chester.

Comment

Thanks Bart. You seem to be the most informed Huskies fan. I appreciate all your info. My concern is that the Huskies are going the wrong direction. I can't speak for other parents who had kids go to Bloomsburg to play football but my son accepted a scholarship to play at Bloomsburg because of coach Hale and the tradition of winning even though he was offered more money at other PSAC schools. He had a great experience and was part of PSAC championship team which was great. If he was being recruited now he probably would have gone to Ship, Kutztown or West Chester.

Comment

No question Hale was a great pitchman for the program. He was a motivator and a large extroverted personality, but he usually let his position coaches do their thing. 5 of the current 8 coaches played under Hale. His fingerprints are all over the program. I am not ready to pull the plug.

Other programs always seemed to have better talent, even under Hale. Bloom just knew how to win, but lost their way the last 3 years. In 2014 they beat Ship, Kutz, and W. Chester. The last 3 years they are 4-5 against those 3 teams. Bloom is still competitive, so we'll see how it all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                Honestly, I couldn't care less about the Dixon Trophy myself, because it's apples and oranges. Some sports are emphasized by schools; some aren't.

But I'm not too big on dismissing the non-revenue sports, either. Husky, you've got at least one guy pulling a paycheck in pro baseball after his Bloomsburg career. That's on the verge of being a damn good program. In fact, the baseball program probably has more gravitas than the football program right now.
                It sure is. They swept us in April and then beat us twice in the conference tournament. Bloomsburg is reason Slippery Rock did not return to regionals this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                  Why bother? You all assume that foosball should be weighted as much as say track and field that Ship mops up with every year. It takes more money and effort to produce a winning foosball team so it should carry a higher weight in those standing for that award.

So I make it silly because the award is silly based on how they calculate.

Revenue sports should be given higher priority
                  So a person who pays a lot in federal income taxes should have a vote that carries a higher weight than those paying little or nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    So a person who pays a lot in federal income taxes should have a vote that carries a higher weight than those paying little or nothing.

Not the same thing and that already happens with the likes of the Koch Brothers essentially buying the gubnint they want to get the destructive conservative policies they want to benefit them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      Not the same thing and that already happens with the likes of the Koch Brothers essentially buying the gubnint they want to get the destructive conservative policies they want to benefit them.
                      Completely agree. At the end of the day, voting is a lot more important than which sports programs a college supports more. But I do agree with IUPNation, that Bloom should definitely follow IUP's lead and fund football and basketball in a manner that would make them nationally competitive. I think most fans don't care if swimming, baseball or lacrosse are PSAC doormats so long as football wins on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
                        Completely agree. At the end of the day, voting is a lot more important than which sports programs a college supports more. But I do agree with IUPNation, that Bloom should definitely follow IUP's lead and fund football and basketball in a manner that would make them nationally competitive. I think most fans don't care if swimming, baseball or lacrosse are PSAC doormats so long as football wins on saturday.
                        Yes, but while the fan factor is admittedly huge, and brings in the donor money, can you let that steer the ship?

At the risk of sounding like a swimming parent (ohmigod), the minor-sport athletes are sacrificing, too. And you can be sure that they're attending School X in order to play their sport as much as anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          Yes, but while the fan factor is admittedly huge, and brings in the donor money, can you let that steer the ship?

At the risk of sounding like a swimming parent (ohmigod), the minor-sport athletes are sacrificing, too. And you can be sure that they're attending School X in order to play their sport as much as anything.

Comment

How does Bloom stack up with Mercyhurst? Seems like mercyhurst is 0-2 but actually played pretty well against two Midwest D2 teams. Very close games and some good production. Anyone know what happened to Alex Gooden he hasn't played this year but is on the roster. Silliman obviously is really talented an really has stepped it up but he got hurt at the end of last game.
                            Last edited by BloomFan; 09-11-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                              How does Bloom stack up with Mercyhurst? Seems like mercyhurst is 0-2 but actually played pretty well against two Midwest D2 teams. Very close games and some good production. Anyone know what happened to Alex Gooden he hasn't played this year but is on the roster. Silliman obviously is really talented an really has stepped it up but he got hurt at the end of last game.
                              I mean, Bloom should take care of business... Mercy is worst than Boro and we played Boro tight.

Comment

Will there be a video stream for the game tomorrow?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X