Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bloomsburg

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
    Anyone else watching the BU game stream today? This West Liberty broadcast is god awful.... wow I hope we never play these guys down there ever again. What an embarrassing broadcast.
    I thought it was a great feed, as always by WLU. If you didn't like it, you could have flipped over to the Bloomsburg live broadcast, couldn't you??

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      I thought it was a great feed, as always by WLU. If you didn't like it, you could have flipped over to the Bloomsburg live broadcast, couldn't you??
      It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

All WLU broadcasts are done in HD. Internet video quality has to do with bandwidth, both from the broadcast provider (company used to host the broadcast) and your service providers. Also has to do with the device you're watching it on. My broadcast on my laptop was crystal clear except for about 5 minutes right before half time when it did get a little fuzzy. But there have been times in the past when a lot of people are watching the game when it has been a little herky jerky and a little more grainy than I like. I note that over 300K viewers watched all or a portion of the game which is a pretty good number for a DII game.

As for the WLU broadcasters, as I recall they spent most of the game talking about WLU and WLU players. Talk about Bloomsburg and Bloomsburg players was only tangential to most of the coverage. That's because it was a WLU broadcast and not a Bloomsburg one. WLU broadcasters generally do a good job of praising and criticizing WLU's play but understand, they ARE the broadcast team for WEST LIBERTY and not for the other team.

Concerning Bloomsburg not broadcasting the game, that seems to be a Bloomsburg decision. In the past there have been visiting teams that have had their own broadcast and those that did not. Does Bloomsburg usually do their own broadcasts for away games??
        Last edited by boatcapt; 11-04-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          All WLU broadcasts are done in HD. Internet video quality has to do with bandwidth, both from the broadcast provider (company used to host the broadcast) and your service providers. Also has to do with the device you're watching it on. My broadcast on my laptop was crystal clear except for about 5 minutes right before half time when it did get a little fuzzy. But there have been times in the past when a lot of people are watching the game when it has been a little herky jerky and a little more grainy than I like. I note that over 300K viewers watched all or a portion of the game which is a pretty good number for a DII game.

As for the WLU broadcasters, as I recall they spent most of the game talking about WLU and WLU players. Talk about Bloomsburg and Bloomsburg players was only tangential to most of the coverage. That's because it was a WLU broadcast and not a Bloomsburg one. WLU broadcasters generally do a good job of praising and criticizing WLU's play but understand, they ARE the broadcast team for WEST LIBERTY and not for the other team.

Concerning Bloomsburg not broadcasting the game, that seems to be a Bloomsburg decision. In the past there have been visiting teams that have had their own broadcast and those that did not. Does Bloomsburg usually do their own broadcasts for away games??
          Good post. Even though I didn't see any of this webcast and can't comment on it I think some of your comments reflect the majority of these D2 webcasts. In general, the announcers aren't that well prepared and often know little about the opposing team. Couple this with the realization that because they are webcasting a home game for their school, a lot of the people listening in are actually fans of the opposing school! For my vote I would like to see a little more impartiality in these webcasts and better preparation. An announcer doesn't have to be a seasoned professional to know something about the opposing team. When I watch IUP games the value added from the audio is minimal, anyway. The announcers might add some specific insights, updates on injuries, etc. but for the most part I just watch it.

Comment

Bloom doesn't do their own video broadcasts of away games. It has only been in recent years that they started doing all the home games. Bloom has always had radio broadcasts of all home and away football and basketball games, which some PSAC schools didn't have back in the day.

It's tough watching a game and listening to a different audio broadcast, since there is usually a play or 2 difference in timing. I wish they would have the radio team of Doyle and Uliciny do the video broadcasts. Doyle has been announcing Bloom and high school games since the early seventies, and is in the BU Hall of Fame. Uliciny comes from a football family, Univ. of Penn graduate, former coach of Southern Columbia, and recently received the PSAC award. Doyle isn't a homer, and usually sounds like the other team is killing Bloom, but Uliciny brings him back to reality.

Comment

I've listened to those Bloom radio guys numerous times. They are good. Their radio presence and the excitement they create actually makes it sound like a Penn State radio broadcast. I think they try to mimic that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                It's tough watching a game and listening to a different audio broadcast, since there is usually a play or 2 difference in timing.
                Whenever I listen to Jack Benedict and Company radio broadcast of IUP games the radio is usually 1 play ahead of the video. You get to hear the radio team's description of the play and then watch it unfold. It's palatable. At that point I've tuned into the radio because the video feed is so unreliable so it just keeps me in tune with what's going on.

Comment

Edinboro never froze yesterday which was nice.

The quality wasn't very good. The announcers were also in the press box with the windows closed so you couldn't hear any crowd noise, etc. That was weird.

Comment

Just saw this elsewhere...

ESPN was at Bloomsburg this week filming an interview with Bloom football player Alex Findura about his time in the Marines prior to playing ball at Bloom. The interview will air during College GameDay this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Just saw this elsewhere...

ESPN was at Bloomsburg this week filming an interview with Bloom football player Alex Findura about his time in the Marines prior to playing ball at Bloom. The interview will air during College GameDay this weekend.
                      Air time around 1030

https://buhuskies.com/news/2018/11/9...y-morning.aspx

Comment

Bloomsburg University DE Findura shares experience as Marine Body Bearer | College GameDay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSEwux-nmPw

Comment

He better be ready. He's playing the best 6-4 team in NCAA history today.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            He better be ready. He's playing the best 6-4 team in NCAA history today.
                            He didn't play last week due to injury. Questionable today.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
                              Anyone else watching the BU game stream today? This West Liberty broadcast is god awful.... wow I hope we never play these guys down there ever again. What an embarrassing broadcast.
                              Hey Husky ! you always have some good insight. What did u think about this season and what do you think about the prospects of 2019 for BU?

IMO Bloom might wanna explore some offensive line transfers. 6-5 was pretty expected with me from the offensive philosophy and overall turnover the team demonstrated over the last 3 years. But the big problem going into 2019 is the Oline. They are losing 3 starters (Tripp, Krall and Remensnyder) who started for a few years and also another guy (Dunford) who started games at various positions on the O line. So losing 4 Letterman on the Oline is huge. Tripp may have another year of eligibility, but unsure if he is coming back.They will return some really solid skilled players in 2019 But They will return only 2 players with starting experience on the Oline.

Defensively the secondary loses 3 starters. Salak, Seamon and Jordan. Also graduating is Nate Monroe a 3 year starter at Linebacker. and the Dline loses Klinger and Gary who also started for the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                                Hey Husky ! you always have some good insight. What did u think about this season and what do you think about the prospects of 2019 for BU?

IMO Bloom might wanna explore some offensive line transfers. 6-5 was pretty expected with me from the offensive philosophy and overall turnover the team demonstrated over the last 3 years. But the big problem going into 2019 is the Oline. They are losing 3 starters (Tripp, Krall and Remensnyder) who started for a few years and also another guy (Dunford) who started games at various positions on the O line. So losing 4 Letterman on the Oline is huge. Tripp may have another year of eligibility, but unsure if he is coming back.They will return some really solid skilled players in 2019 But They will return only 2 players with starting experience on the Oline.

Defensively the secondary loses 3 starters. Salak, Seamon and Jordan. Also graduating is Nate Monroe a 3 year starter at Linebacker. and the Dline loses Klinger and Gary who also started for the last 3 years.
                                Hey! Thanks for the love! I do love to talk and discuss BU Football.

So in answer to your question, it's tough to say. I think that the season's success starts and ends with the success of the QB position, whether that be Leiby or Benjamin. I am very very intrigued to see who wins in camp. I'd love to see a change at HC or OC but since that seems hard to do, I would want to see a change in scheme to fit the strengths of the offense. The rushing attack will be strong with QMac and Gooden. OLine may struggle but I would hope they are able to at least run block.

I am VERY worried about the defense. They are losing a whole lot so that D will need to really step up to fill the holes.

All in all, I think this will be yet another 7-4 season... however, I do believe that this could be a year that sets up future success down the road.
                                It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X