Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bloomsburg

Excuses are what gets teams in trouble in any sport and at any level and in real life in Business. Its like saying I missed a deadline at work because my computer was slower today. Come on. If something is broke in the pipeline I think you need to fix it. Just saying.

Comment

When does his contract expire?

Remember this isn't D1 with unlimited amounts of money to buy out contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
        Excuses are what gets teams in trouble in any sport and at any level and in real life in Business. Its like saying I missed a deadline at work because my computer was slower today. Come on. If something is broke in the pipeline I think you need to fix it. Just saying.
        I completely agree. I don't want to just fire the coaching staff because we're having a down year. We haven't been able to recruit solid classes in what seems like forever, we are trending in the wrong direction wins wise, and worst of all we seem to be losing players who could be producers to transfers to other schools. That is inexcusable. Mix in the running of an outdated system that skill position players are shying away from and the lack of ability to develop a competent QB and what you're left with is a bad program in a bad state. We need a fresh change and a fresh perspective.
        It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          When does his contract expire?

Remember this isn't D1 with unlimited amounts of money to buy out contracts.
          I do recall, and I believe it is up after next season? Darraugh was hired before the 2014 season so if this is a standard 5 year deal, then it is (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) this year that he will need to be resigned. I think it would be best to move on and find another coach with new ideas and a fresh perspective. Get some better recruits and hopefully compete for 2020. Alas, I don't think that'll happen, but hey a guy can dream..... I am just sick of being mediocre and running a 1950s offense and getting passed by the rest of the PSAC. A little more money and a better coach would make us a PSAC powerhouse. Just my two cents tho....

Comment

Probably something that could be obtained through FOI if someone is dying to know. Sometimes a quick e-mail or phone call to the AD asking for something specific like that is easier so they can avoid the FOI paperwork.

I don't think money is necessarily a think. He's making just north of $106k which puts him in the upper third. But to fire him without cause is basically paying him those years to go away. You don't just pay salary, but COBRA costs, retirement match, plus payouts for unused sick and vacation time. Two years of Scott Browning cost Edinboro almost $480k.

Comment

Ranking of PSAC Football Head Coach Salaries

1. West Chester - $138,172
              2. Indiana
              3. California
              4. Shippensburg
              5. Bloomsburg
              6. Slippery Rock
              7. Kutztown
              8. Millersville
              9. Lock Haven
              10. Edinboro
              11. East Stroudsburg
              12. Clarion - $81,206
              13-15 Private, no public salaries

Comment

• It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

In 2013 and 2014 Darragh and the Huskies were a combined 21 -4. The won the PSAC one ,were runner up once and had 2 playoff appearances. Since they are 22-17 which includes 2-4 this year. Time to end the Darragh era.

Comment

Originally posted by bloomdad View Post
                    In 2013 and 2014 Darragh and the Huskies were a combined 21 -4. The won the PSAC one ,were runner up once and had 2 playoff appearances. Since they are 22-17 which includes 2-4 this year. Time to end the Darragh era.
                    Its bad here, but it has to be coaching because if you look at the recruits since 2015. Bloom actually landed more touted prospects vs say a now better Kutztown program . But recruits have quit, transferred or never developed. If they lose to esu or millersvile, its definitely time to pull the trigger on a firing .

Comment

You fellas make some fantastic points... This program is in utter disarray but I feel like they can rebound to dominance pretty quickly with a change in scheme and coaching. We're not too far off in terms of talent and there's a lot of quality HS programs within a 2 hour radius so get good players from.

Comment

Does Zwann stick with AJ after a so-so performance against Bloom or does he go back to the 2 QB rotation with AJ and Dooley?

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                          Does Zwann stick with AJ after a so-so performance against Bloom or does he go back to the 2 QB rotation with AJ and Dooley?
                          I think both are pretty good, but I'm really high on Long these days, regardless of Saturday. I think he poses a major danger to any opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
                            You fellas make some fantastic points... This program is in utter disarray but I feel like they can rebound to dominance pretty quickly with a change in scheme and coaching. We're not too far off in terms of talent and there's a lot of quality HS programs within a 2 hour radius so get good players from.
                            Many recruits quit program or transferred out since the 2015 class. This shouldn't be overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                              A "so-so performance" is probably not enough to take the team's leading rusher off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                                Many recruits quit program or transferred out since the 2015 class. This shouldn't be overlooked.
                                This is the most glaring issue aside from the lack of offense. And the main reason (from an AD perspective) a change needs to be made.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X