Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bloomsburg

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    I just want to fight to keep the team alive. It could be easy take the east because nobody is expecting us.
    That's funny. Nobody is expecting East Stroudsburg or Millersville either. It's a 3 horse race between West Chester, Kutztown and Ship. Looked up the only stats that count wins, losses, PPG and PPG allowed.
    1-2. 18.7 PPG . 17 PPG allowed

7-4. 26 PPG . 22.4 PPG allowed

6-5. 26.2 PPG . 19.73 PPG allowed

7-4. 26.91 PPG.19.73 PPG allowed

11-2. 33.77 PPG.15.38 PPG allowed.

10-2. 39.5 PPG. 23 PPG allowed.

My point is the defense is doing fine. The offense can't score or even keep the defense off the field. Sick of hearing how Darragh and many of the coaches like Henicle helped with the success over the last 18 years. I know they did but they are all defense coaches. The offense sucks and unfortunately the head coach is responsible for all coaches and players. 5 years ago they averaged almost 40 points per game this year its 18. It sure looks like the Huskies will be 1-5. They need to hire a head Coach an offensive coordinator or both that can adapt to the talent on the field and score some points and win games. That is my opinion. You can agree or disagree but changes need to be made.

Comment

I see all that too. Should we just ask all the players to hand in their uniforms now? Sometimes I wonder why they hire a coach when there are so many experts on here. Again, every game coming up is winnable. Everyone needs some confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by bloomdad View Post
        That's funny. Nobody is expecting East Stroudsburg or Millersville either. It's a 3 horse race between West Chester, Kutztown and Ship. Looked up the only stats that count wins, losses, PPG and PPG allowed.

My point is the defense is doing fine. The offense can't score or even keep the defense off the field. Sick of hearing how Darragh and many of the coaches like Henicle helped with the success over the last 18 years. I know they did but they are all defense coaches. The offense sucks and unfortunately the head coach is responsible for all coaches and players. 5 years ago they averaged almost 40 points per game this year its 18. It sure looks like the Huskies will be 1-5. They need to hire a head Coach an offensive coordinator or both that can adapt to the talent on the field and score some points and win games. That is my opinion. You can agree or disagree but changes need to be made.
        It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Dammmmn ... and I thought I was a little bit fatalistic after what Cal did to my school.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Dammmmn ... and I thought I was a little bit fatalistic after what Cal did to my school.

Comment

Bloomsburgs struggle for mediocrity continues. The defense didn't really play a good offense this year and We are still losing. Just keeping it real.

Comment

Again Bart, your stats are misleading. You are playing politics with numbers. You are counting wins with Coach Hale, his staff, and recruits. Coach Darragh is a great passionate coach. No one cares more about Bloomsburg football than him. He has chosen to do things differently there and he has every right to because be is the head coach. However, I don't feel Coach Hale would have made those same decisions. There is a reason why certain coaches stayed with Coach Hale for many years and now they are gone. Coach Hale last season was 2012. Coach Darragh best seasons as head coach was with Coach Hale recruits and staff (2013 and 2014). Since 2015 Coach Darragh is 21-15. Prior to 2015, we didn't lose more than 3 games in a season since 2003. I really would like to see them win out the East this year. I agree the defense has played well enough to win and Coach Henicle is a great defensive coordinator. He is great at making half-time adjustments. If we can get the offense clicking, we could win out. However, if we lose 5 or more games this year.......

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                    Bloomsburgs struggle for mediocrity continues. The defense didn't really play a good offense this year and We are still losing. Just keeping it real.
                    Couldn't agree more.

Not trying to oversimplify here but... With no threat of a passing game, Barry Sanders wouldn't be able to score with this offense.

For those that don't understand our rage. As a Husky fan, the football team has been so consistent for so long that this is a bitter pill for us and frankly, unexpected. It's possible that we are overreacting but it's not looking great.

Comment

Originally posted by bloomdad View Post

That reads like a winning record. Score more points than you give up.

Comment

You can have a 'winning record' with 4, 5 and 4 losses. The other thing you get with 4, 5 and 4 losses is an early banquet.

Bloomsburg should be the level of program that anything minus a playoff appearance is not considered a winning season. If it is then expectations have really taken a dive.

Comment

Bloomsburg fans were definitely spoiled under the Danny Hale years. While I too am frustrated with recent results, I'm with Bart. Just because we lost some close games is not grounds to dismiss the entire staff. It's ok to be passionate for your team, but I would ask that Husky fans not be fair weather fans. If it's going to be a down year, ride it out and support them as always. GO HUSKIES!
                          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                            Bloomsburg fans were definitely spoiled under the Danny Hale years. While I too am frustrated with recent results, I'm with Bart. Just because we lost some close games is not grounds to dismiss the entire staff. It's ok to be passionate for your team, but I would ask that Husky fans not be fair weather fans. If it's going to be a down year, ride it out and support them as always. GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by iupbigindians View Post
                              you can have a 'winning record' with 4, 5 and 4 losses. The other thing you get with 4, 5 and 4 losses is an early banquet.

Bloomsburg should be the level of program that anything minus a playoff appearance is not considered a winning season. If it is then expectations have really taken a dive.
                              this guy gets it! ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                                That reads like a winning record. Score more points than you give up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X