Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bloomsburg

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the love! I do love to talk and discuss BU Football.

So in answer to your question, it's tough to say. I think that the season's success starts and ends with the success of the QB position, whether that be Leiby or Benjamin. I am very very intrigued to see who wins in camp. I'd love to see a change at HC or OC but since that seems hard to do, I would want to see a change in scheme to fit the strengths of the offense. The rushing attack will be strong with QMac and Gooden. OLine may struggle but I would hope they are able to at least run block.

I am VERY worried about the defense. They are losing a whole lot so that D will need to really step up to fill the holes.

All in all, I think this will be yet another 7-4 season... however, I do believe that this could be a year that sets up future success down the road.

Agreed i think it will be another 7-4 6-5 type season. Because they will have the horses in the backfield and two solid QB's on the roster with solid experience at WR. The O line and defense could be the issue. If they can land some transfers maybe like some west PSAC teams always seem to do that could help in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
      Agreed i think it will be another 7-4 6-5 type season. Because they will have the horses in the backfield and two solid QB's on the roster with solid experience at WR. The O line and defense could be the issue. If they can land some transfers maybe like some west PSAC teams always seem to do that could help in those areas.
      If Leiby wins the QB spot for next season (as he should, being he is the best QB that Bloom had on the roster) he will be fine behind an inexperienced line. With Bloom losing 4 of their front 5 there will he some new faces in the trenches. Leiby is a very good pocket passer but he is a very skilled passer on the scramble and/or the run. He is a good physical down hill runner when he needs to scramble. I think if the OC opens the pass game up to more of a spread style and puts the game in the hands of Leiby, He is highly capable of making plays. A true leader that will make things happen. I believe if they can CHANGE the way that they have been calling plays and come into the new century they will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post
        If Leiby wins the QB spot for next season (as he should, being he is the best QB that Bloom had on the roster) he will be fine behind an inexperienced line. With Bloom losing 4 of their front 5 there will he some new faces in the trenches. Leiby is a very good pocket passer but he is a very skilled passer on the scramble and/or the run. He is a good physical down hill runner when he needs to scramble. I think if the OC opens the pass game up to more of a spread style and puts the game in the hands of Leiby, He is highly capable of making plays. A true leader that will make things happen. I believe if they can CHANGE the way that they have been calling plays and come into the new century they will be fine.
        And if he can stay healthy. He took some hits behind an experienced line and was injured after a few series. Benjamin was also forced out of the last game with an injury. There is at least 1 Ship fan who thinks Van Scyoc could be stiff competition. There is no way they change the offense philosophy to a spread style. They are deep at running back and the roster is built with fullbacks and tailbacks. They don't have the depth or speed at wr to play 3 or 4 receivers every snap. Plus the sprint/draw is a unique offense for the league when every team is spread or the flavor of the month RPO. Few teams still have a FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
          And if he can stay healthy. He took some hits behind an experienced line and was injured after a few series. Benjamin was also forced out of the last game with an injury. There is at least 1 Ship fan who thinks Van Scyoc could be stiff competition. There is no way they change the offense philosophy to a spread style. They are deep at running back and the roster is built with fullbacks and tailbacks. They don't have the depth or speed at wr to play 3 or 4 receivers every snap. Plus the sprint/draw is a unique offense for the league when every team is spread or the flavor of the month RPO. Few teams still have a FB.
          The injury that Leiby sustained in the ES game was a freak accident. The way he was tackled, the defender rolled on his ankle while pulling him down. He was a 3 1/2 year starter in high school and played behind a not so great line every season, took many hits and stayed realativey healthy. He is a tough kid in great shape, with a lot of heart. That is a recipe for success. As I mentioned in a previous post I know one of his high school coaches and he told me once this kid is given the reigns, watch out. He knows how to win. And with him at QB they WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN UP the offence.

Comment

The injury that Leiby sustained in the ES game was a freak accident. The way he was tackled, the defender rolled on his ankle while pulling him down. He was a 3 1/2 year starter in high school and played behind a not so great line every season, took many hits and stayed realativey healthy. He is a tough kid in great shape, with a lot of heart. That is a recipe for success. As I mentioned in a previous post I know one of his high school coaches and he told me once this kid is given the reigns, watch out. He knows how to win. And with him at QB they WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN UP the offence.
            Bloom opening the offense sounds like Navy going to the Air Raid.

Comment

If they want to open up the offense, which I don't think they want to do, they will have to recruit and develop wide receivers before he graduates.

Comment

Any word on recruits for BU yet? Definitely needing a strong class coming in. Also does anyone know where we can look up this info and track it?
                It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Any word on recruits for BU yet? Definitely needing a strong class coming in. Also does anyone know where we can look up this info and track it?
                  Look up Verbal Commits online. Not perfect but fairly accurate.

Comment

Way to early. Check back on February 6, 2019.

Comment

Way to early. Check back on February 6, 2019.
                      Hopefully they might get lucky and land a good true WR to help out. Also maybe a transfer OL or WR might help.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                        Hopefully they might get lucky and land a good true WR to help out. Also maybe a transfer OL or WR might help.
                        Bloomsburg was dead last in the PSAC in pass attempts for the past two years and in the bottom three for the past five years. Not sure how that attracts a good or transfer WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                          Bloomsburg was dead last in the PSAC in pass attempts for the past two years and in the bottom three for the past five years. Not sure how that attracts a good or transfer WR.
                          Ya tell him he'd be the top WR once he got to school and that the reason they don't throw is that they didn't have anyone as good as he is. Then you hope he falls for it

Comment

WR Allen had 45 receptions this year, which was good for 10th place overall. WR Price who transferred to West Chester had 13 receptions this year, but his last year at Bloom he had 19. Bloom has had some good receivers in the past, and if they can find another, he'll get the ball.

Comment

WR Allen had 45 receptions this year, which was good for 10th place overall. WR Price who transferred to West Chester had 13 receptions this year, but his last year at Bloom he had 19. Bloom has had some good receivers in the past, and if they can find another, he'll get the ball.
                              Last Bloomsburg first team All-PSAC East wide reciever?

Comment

Last Bloomsburg first team All-PSAC East wide reciever?
                                It can happen again, and has happened even in the run heavy years.

2008 Kyle Ream (WR) First Team Offense
                                2007 Brahin Bilal (WR) First Team Offense
                                2002 Rocco Forgione (WR) First Team Offense
                                2001 Terell Johnson (WR) First Team Offense
                                2000 Mike Lelko (WR) First Team Offense
                                1999 Mat Wilson (WR) First Team Offense
                                1997 Ron Lelko (WR) First Team Offense
                                1996 Ron Lelko (WR) First Team Offense
                                1995 Buck Eardley (WR) First Team Offense
                                1990 Stef Kern (WR) First Team Offense, PSAC East Athlete of the Year
                                1985 Joe Dowd (WR) First Team Offense
                                1980 Duane Frantz (WR) First Team Offense
                                1979 Ed Bugno (WR) First Team Offense
                                1978 Ed Bugno (WR) First Team Offense
                                1976 Tom Brennan (WR) First Team Offense
                                1975 Tom Brennan (WR) First Team Offense

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X