Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP 2018

This is all foreign to me. I was a commuter about half of the time, and lived in off-campus housing the other half. That said, I had a lot of good times at the dorms where many of my friends lived. There were no suites in those days, that's for sure.

Comment

I thought the on campus suites where getting on the pricey side for basically a room with maybe a separate bath depending on suite style. For roughly the same price as a a standard suite, a student can live in apartments where the inspiration for the Angry Mob tool shed is located. I'm just over joyed my kids are done with college and fully employed and I don't have to think about paying those bills anymore. If I had one more, he/she would be going to community college for two years in an IT major and then they could get their employer to pay for the Bachelors.

Comment

Any updates on JoJo?

How does this panel of experts see his loss altering the offense?

Obviously, it takes that big 6'5" target off the field. At the same time, it may add another speed option out there (No. 34) ... which changes the dynamic?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Any updates on JoJo?

How does this panel of experts see his loss altering the offense?

Obviously, it takes that big 6'5" target off the field. At the same time, it may add another speed option out there (No. 34) ... which changes the dynamic?
          From Monday's Indiana Gazette, Matt reports a comment from Coach Tort ..... "

If it truly is back cramps from bruising, that is far better than the knee or hip injuries that were widely speculated here.

Heal quickly JoJo.

Comment

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...52364fc07.html

Matt's article with the quote.

Comment

• Comment

Any word if IUP is sending down any student buses to the Viet Mon?

Rumor is the first 7 people in the door get a tee-shirt.

The weather looks good as of now ... probably about 55 or 60 by kickoff.

I fully expect IUP to take a very large crowd.

Comment

Indiana High is going to just love the experience of playing McKeesport tonight

Comment

New from The Penn: "Would tailgating bring in more football fans?"

https://www.thepenn.org/culture/woul...8738c056c.html

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                      New from The Penn: "Would tailgating bring in more football fans?"

https://www.thepenn.org/culture/woul...8738c056c.html

Being that the second half of the game had a bigger crowd outside than inside, ...

Comment

Acting head coach Tort: 11-0
                        Head coach Tort: 6-3

Comment

Your point????

Comment

Two-cents regarding the state of affairs inside the Memorial Field House ... after seeing all but the Lock Haven game in person.

Note: Obviously this will become a WWE-style bash on Lenny and Cal and all the other board nonsense but it is why I posted in the 'IUP' thread.

* The 2018 team is far different, personality-wise, than the 2017 team. Leadership-wise (players), it's not even close to last year.

* Further, it's not even close to the 'team' that went to Ashland at the end of August. Not sure what changed but something did. Watch the sidelines and player interactions. Watch the bickering with one another -- particularly the defensive players. The swagger is gone.

* The secondary, which happens to be the ones doing most of the bickering on the sidelines, is way out of sync -- and, frankly, just looks lost at times.

* Red-zone play calling is atrocious. The team is going on two years now of not being able to run the ball in from inside the 5 yard line -- yet keeps running the same vanilla plays. It's cost them two straight games (losses) -- or, at least, surely didn't help. Also, take that fad pass and lock it in a vault.

* The run defense has got smashed two straight games. Stats against Millersville and Lock Haven are irrelevant. SRU and Cal ran all over them -- at them, through them and around them.

* SRU could have bubble-screened IUP to death. No adjustments were made to it even after a 90-minute halftime. So, either they couldn't adjust or just didn't have the athletes to adjust. I'm actually surprised SRU didn't just run it all day.

* Hopefully Duane Brown has learned why going to class is important. He's been sorely missed in the absence of Samir Bullock.

* Discipline hasn't been overly impressive. Personal fouls continue to add up. Personnel getting on the field has been sloppy -- on the defensive side in particular.

* Not being able to get SRU off the field on that last drive -- which lasted an eternity -- was just disheartening to watch. The Rock hit a 4th down conversion and a long 3rd down conversion. That was the game on the line. One stop and it was over.

* A team with 5-6 RBs in August is basically down to one and can't run the ball anymore.

* The first half against SRU was the flattest I've ever seen an IUP team. No emotion. No excitement. It was hard to watch. How does that happen in front of that crowd and against that team? That's a real important question.

* Lose one more game and I'd probably make the change at QB. The season is lost at that point (officially) so get the kid some reps in actual game situations.

* Lenny's pressure moments have been discussed to death on here already.

All of that said -- all the doom and gloom -- and you see a team that could very easily be 6-0 -- minus the worst play-call in school history at Cal and the inability to get one key stop three days ago.

Where does it leave this season? IUP should win out (Clarion, @LIT-AF, Seton Hill, @Boro, Shippensburg). I say it 'should' win out on paper. Mentally, that is a different discussion. Finish with five straight ... go 9-2, get Samir and JoJo back and see where the chips fall. If they get the needed help and sneak in (and they will need it) ... everybody is 0-0 again. Personally, I think they are better on the road anyway. As a whole, they seem much more focused. And, there's no superior team in SR1 this year. Five straight and see what happens. That's the only thing left to do.

This team is in the coffin right now -- it's just not totally sealed shut -- yet.

Comment

The real test is how the rest of the season goes. Every defense we see from here on out will be loading up against the run, and will be probably able to stop it. we lost Kilgore to Injury, Rogers has under performed since the Ashland game, JoJo is hurt (2 top receivers not returning), and Lenny has underperformed. To be fair, Both games IUP lost were winnable, but the team has come up short on all the clutch plays. Stoping SRU on 4th and 7, and 3rd and 11. Turnovers and bad plays in the red zone. Not sure the playoffs are possible, but finishing the season strong, to build confidence for next year is important. Making sure the Freshman get passing grades should be #2 - the next two season will show whether Tort is who we thought he is or is another Paul Darragh

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Two-cents regarding the state of affairs inside the Memorial Field House ... after seeing all but the Lock Haven game in person.

Note: Obviously this will become a WWE-style bash on Lenny and Cal and all the other board nonsense but it is why I posted in the 'IUP' thread.

* The 2018 team is far different, personality-wise, than the 2017 team. Leadership-wise (players), it's not even close to last year.

* Further, it's not even close to the 'team' that went to Ashland at the end of August. Not sure what changed but something did. Watch the sidelines and player interactions. Watch the bickering with one another -- particularly the defensive players. The swagger is gone.

* The secondary, which happens to be the ones doing most of the bickering on the sidelines, is way out of sync -- and, frankly, just looks lost at times.

* Red-zone play calling is atrocious. The team is going on two years now of not being able to run the ball in from inside the 5 yard line -- yet keeps running the same vanilla plays. It's cost them two straight games (losses) -- or, at least, surely didn't help. Also, take that fad pass and lock it in a vault.

* The run defense has got smashed two straight games. Stats against Millersville and Lock Haven are irrelevant. SRU and Cal ran all over them -- at them, through them and around them.

* SRU could have bubble-screened IUP to death. No adjustments were made to it even after a 90-minute halftime. So, either they couldn't adjust or just didn't have the athletes to adjust. I'm actually surprised SRU didn't just run it all day.

* Hopefully Duane Brown has learned why going to class is important. He's been sorely missed in the absence of Samir Bullock.

* Discipline hasn't been overly impressive. Personal fouls continue to add up. Personnel getting on the field has been sloppy -- on the defensive side in particular.

* Not being able to get SRU off the field on that last drive -- which lasted an eternity -- was just disheartening to watch. The Rock hit a 4th down conversion and a long 3rd down conversion. That was the game on the line. One stop and it was over.

* A team with 5-6 RBs in August is basically down to one and can't run the ball anymore.

* The first half against SRU was the flattest I've ever seen an IUP team. No emotion. No excitement. It was hard to watch. How does that happen in front of that crowd and against that team? That's a real important question.

* Lose one more game and I'd probably make the change at QB. The season is lost at that point (officially) so get the kid some reps in actual game situations.

* Lenny's pressure moments have been discussed to death on here already.

All of that said -- all the doom and gloom -- and you see a team that could very easily be 6-0 -- minus the worst play-call in school history at Cal and the inability to get one key stop three days ago.

Where does it leave this season? IUP should win out (Clarion, @LIT-AF, Seton Hill, @Boro, Shippensburg). I say it 'should' win out on paper. Mentally, that is a different discussion. Finish with five straight ... go 9-2, get Samir and JoJo back and see where the chips fall. If they get the needed help and sneak in (and they will need it) ... everybody is 0-0 again. Personally, I think they are better on the road anyway. As a whole, they seem much more focused. And, there's no superior team in SR1 this year. Five straight and see what happens. That's the only thing left to do.

This team is in the coffin right now -- it's just not totally sealed shut -- yet.
                                Their sideline is a joke. Coaches going ballistic on players, guys arguing with each other and more importantly with coaches, what value does that bring to the table? There seems to be a lack of respect between some of the staff and players and vice versa. It looked like one player on the sideline last week refused to take the headset to talk to the coaches in the booth instead he looked like he argued with a couple of assistants and even the head coach got involved .. wth is going on with the leadership of this team. Will there be a price to pay for that lack of respect? We will see. I get that they aren't used to losing but if this garbage goes on they surely will get used to it ... I said way back in this thread that this team is not what it's been in the past talent-wise but I didn't expect the total disarray I have seen the past 2 weeks. Everyone on that team needs to take a look in the mirror and do a self assessment of what type of player and teammate they want to be, hopefully the staff is reassessing both the players and themselves as well. Sometimes leadership,work ethic,respect for one another and doing all the little things right are more important than raw talent hopefully these guys are able to figure that out. jus sayin
                                Last edited by BallHawkin; 10-09-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X