Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best and worst coaching staffs??

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has the best and worst coaching staffs??

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Other than the one-year rental players, the current starters are basically who Coach Cignetti recruited/brought in correct?
    About half of the starters were brought in by tort. The last Two classes that Cignetti brought in turned out to be really good

Comment

I would basically say your fan base tells you if a team have a good HC. If you are packing the stadium and excitement is in the air then as a HC you are doing something right. If you're pulling bad numbers at the gate, and you have been with a program over 5 plus years then something is wrong. Also, believe it or not your administration (paperwork/website) also plays a role in this. If your website is weak, more than likely your team is borderline as well.

A really good program is firing on all cylinders. Shortcuts normally mean you have a lazy HC and AD and they don't see the big picture. Yes, the AD plays the biggest role in the success of a program, because they do the hiring and the firing.

Comment

Originally posted by MC1313 View Post
        I am curious to know who has the best coaching staffs in the PSAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        What metrics are we to use? Wins, championships, players that moved on to the pros? If a team has 3 win talent and wins 8 games, you'd be crazy to not give it to that coaching staff, but again without using the same metrics, the question becomes a popularity contest...

Comment

Whatever Grand Valley, Ashland, IUP, Ferris, WFU, and other top programs are doing the Middle of the road teams need to be doing the same thing. You get what you put in, if you are worried about a coaches salary, then you have already lost the program. Sometimes you have to lose money to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
            Whatever Grand Valley, Ashland, IUP, Ferris, WFU, and other top programs are doing the Middle of the road teams need to be doing the same thing. You get what you put in, if you are worried about a coaches salary, then you have already lost the program. Sometimes you have to lose money to make money.
            That's ridiculous...You completely ignore the landscape in the NE, which is so much different than the rest of the country when it comes to choosing where to play...For example, Ferris State was recently voted the BEST college football program in Michigan, at any level, out of the 21 programs in the state. I'll give you 3 guesses to tell me how many college football programs exist in PA...
            Last edited by WarriorVoice; 09-18-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Although bleed Red & Blue and think coach Mac is a heck of a coach I'm not sold on our OC hire quite yet. I would have given up a few extra bucks to keep Jeff Tomasetti on the staff to be the OC as I'm sure they could have outbid Millersville to retain him. Kutztown has something special in place between Clements and his connections in the coaching business. I believe they are the dark horse of the league who will actually put a great fight up with IUP. WCU has a good long term coach in Zwann who has continued the tradition of recruiting hard in SEPA while mixing in some South Jersey recruits and Central PA guys with limited scholarship funds available. I've noticed recently they've also been successful in getting some FCS transfers who were too high profile recruits coming out of HS but due to coaching changes they fell out of the rotation at their FCS schools and opted to come to WCU for more PT and a chance at a conference title.

Comment

What's the common theme with the schools you mention?

Of course the other schools are worried about money. They don't have any.

Comment

The other item is very simple: Most schools could care less about their football program.

Its sole purpose is to form a function on Saturday and get 95 more male students on campus. The results are irrelevant. Reference about half the PSAC.

Comment

Generally satisfied with the GARY DUNN staff and team direction. Rating wise probably in the top 5. The program seems much cleaner and more organized than either LUCKHARDT or KELLAR who both tended to scramble to add pieces, sometimes rather questionable, to keep things near the top. Sort of a D2 version of some of the elite D1 factories. Especially like the connection he's working to develop with the WPIAL and some eastern PA districts. The success of that approach will become clear in the next few seasons since this year is HIS first team. Not putting a lot of stock in the two initial loses as they both could have been wins and the opposition was not too shabby. If he can finish the year at 8-3 and maybe sneak into the playoffs, I'd say it was a good year with a lot of hope for a very young team.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      The other item is very simple: Most schools could care less about their football program.

Its sole purpose is to form a function on Saturday and get 95 more male students on campus. The results are irrelevant. Reference about half the PSAC.
                      And that sir is the problem. However; if you look at the hockey team for Hurst, the support is large and their sponsorship is also good because they are WINNERS.

Comment

And that sir is the problem. However; if you look at the hockey team for Hurst, the support is large and their sponsorship is also good because they are WINNERS.
                        How did they become winners? Large sponsors don't fall out of the sky. Somebody went out and got them. From there the money starts generating results (better players, more buzz, etc.)

A D2 football coach almost needs to be more salesman than coach.

Comment

Who has the best and worst coaching staffs??

How did they become winners? Large sponsors don't fall out of the sky. Somebody went out and got them. From there the money starts generating results (better players, more buzz, etc.)

A D2 football coach almost needs to be more salesman than coach.

Comment

It drives me bonkers on this board reading certain programs complain.

Tort doesn't have a tree in the Oak Grove that sprouts scholarship money. They go out and get it.

It's then up to him to spend it (recruit) wisely.

Section C at Miller gets grief on here because of the age and how quiet they are ... guilty as charged.

However, I realize they are the ones stroking massive checks once a year.

Tort has the charisma to generate a ton of money.

The 'All-In' thing wasn't just for the team. They extended it to the fans and community. So simple but so brilliant.

Guess what people do when they actually feel apart of something? They donate.

Maybe Curt was a better X and O guy ... I have no idea. But, 'charisma' .... no comparison.

Get money. Lots of it. Results follow.

Comment

It drives me bonkers on this board reading certain programs complain.

Tort doesn't have a tree in the Oak Grove that sprouts scholarship money. They go out and get it.

It's then up to him to spend it (recruit) wisely.

Section C at Miller gets grief on here because of the age and how quiet they are ... guilty as charged.

However, I realize they are the ones stroking massive checks once a year.

Tort has the charisma to generate a ton of money.

The 'All-In' thing wasn't just for the team. They extended it to the fans and community. So simple but so brilliant.

Guess what people do when they actually feel apart of something? They donate.

Maybe Curt was a better X and O guy ... I have no idea. But, 'charisma' .... no comparison.

Get money. Lots of it. Results follow.
                              I think you also help illustrate the challenge for private school coaches versus PASSHE coaches - the PASSHE coaches have some sweat equity and those dollars. They busted their butt for those dollars and aren't going to throw them around without due diligence. Those dollars aren't just numbers on an Excel spreadsheet. Don't believe me? Ask your local head coach, "If I gave you $1,000 a year for the next 20 years, how would you spend it?" I bet the private schools would talk about new equipment, staying in nicer hotels on road trips, or a nicer banquet. The public school coaches will think about all the kids they missed because another school offered them $1,000 more.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                About half of the starters were brought in by tort. The last Two classes that Cignetti brought in turned out to be really good
                                I just took a look at the starting lineups for all 3 games. Two of the three lineups has 5 of 22 starters brought in by Coach Tort, while the third lineup had 6 of 22 starters brought in by Tort.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X