Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP at Gannon

How fitting ...

Saturday is American Law Enforcement / Military Appreciation Day at Gannon.

Hopefully they have a lot on the sidelines.

Re: IUP at Gannon

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    How fitting ...

Two explosive offenses and who knows what else. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

How fitting ...

Comment

Word out of Erie is this is the one LIT AF has been waiting for all year.

Do you see this playing out as the typical GU/IUP street fight and goon festival or do you think the PSAC will have the officials poised to call every thing from the time the teams take the field (clearly unlike last year)?

I'd like to see both head coaches warned before the game and avoid another circus but I have my doubts.

This IUP team talks and taunts more than even last year's did, so, ... buckle up.

Comment

Do you see this playing out as the typical GU/IUP street fight and goon festival or do you think the PSAC will have the officials poised to call every thing from the time the teams take the field (clearly unlike last year)?

I'd like to see both head coaches warned before the game and avoid another circus but I have my doubts.

This IUP team talks and taunts more than even last year's did, so, ... buckle up.
          The TD that tied up the game was because they have two unsportsmanlike counduct penalties on Cal for cussing. 30 yards just like that and new life, turning point of the game where everyone was like Cal might actually lose

Comment

Define 'cussing' ...

If you are anywhere near the field at these games with kids you need earplugs. There must have been more to it than 'cussing' ?

You should have been at the Rock / IUP game for the second half after 3,500 people left and didn't return after the weather delay. Eddie Murphy would have been proud.

Comment

Yeah but unlike last years team this team talks and taunts their own teammates and coaches especially defensively... maybe the coordinator should come down out of the booth to the sideline so he won't have his players refusing to talk to him on the headsets. It worked for Tort. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                Yeah but unlike last years team this team talks and taunts their own teammates and coaches especially defensively... maybe the coordinator should come down out of the booth to the sideline so he won't have his players refusing to talk to him on the headsets. It worked for Tort. jus sayin

LOL that's true. Maybe this year's GU/IUP game brawl will actually just be on the IUP sideline.

Most teams have a 'come together' moment in every season. Hopefully the second half last week was that moment for the IUP defense.

Other side of the coin is not all players are created equally. They all don't like overly-animated coaches screaming at them for 60 minutes and it actually turns some of them off. A few of the coaches on the sidelines, in particular, just don't seem to be getting through to this group with that approach.

I did like Tort calling out two of his secondary players by name in the paper last week. That's a fairly rare move at this level.

Comment

I feel like there's been way too much taunting and instigation by PSAC teams. Surprising because so many guys on opposing PSAC teams played for the same high schools. Maybe that's it? Could be a good opportunity for Commish Steve to put everyone on notice. The end of the first half of the Edinboro-Slippery Rock game was embarrassing. Both Lutz and Bradford deserve credit for keeping their players heads cool in the second half - I got nervous as the teams lined up to shake hands.

Then again, I never played so what do I know.

Comment

Define 'cussing' ...

If you are anywhere near the field at these games with kids you need earplugs. There must have been more to it than 'cussing' ?

You should have been at the Rock / IUP game for the second half after 3,500 people left and didn't return after the weather delay. Eddie Murphy would have been proud.

Comment

Earlier they had called the same thing on a gannon player, for arguing with the ref on a missed PI call. Made a huge difference there, too. My guess is that its not just cussing, but at the Ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        I feel like there's been way too much taunting and instigation by PSAC teams. Surprising because so many guys on opposing PSAC teams played for the same high schools. Maybe that's it? Could be a good opportunity for Commish Steve to put everyone on notice. The end of the first half of the Edinboro-Slippery Rock game was embarrassing. Both Lutz and Bradford deserve credit for keeping their players heads cool in the second half - I got nervous as the teams lined up to shake hands.

Then again, I never played so what do I know.
                        The IUP vs Clarion game was pretty chippy. They let it go all day.

The fights are the end result of poor officiating. If you let these 18 to 22 year olds who are all hopped up on ego and adrenaline keep getting away with it ....

What still gets me is the crew last year for the brawl went running for cover the second the horn sounded.

You'll always have some. It is just being handled very poorly. Toss a couple of these guys and it will change real quick.

Comment

The IUP vs Clarion game was pretty chippy. They let it go all day.

The fights are the end result of poor officiating. If you let these 18 to 22 year olds who are all hopped up on ego and adrenaline keep getting away with it ....

What still gets me is the crew last year for the brawl went running for cover the second the horn sounded.
                          Discipline is always best applied from the beginning. Set the tone and people tend to adjust quickly. Its hard to let it go and let it go then jump in when it gets out of hand. That's a really thin line between "just let them play" and "now its out of hand".

Comment

LOL that's true. Maybe this year's GU/IUP game brawl will actually just be on the IUP sideline.

Most teams have a 'come together' moment in every season. Hopefully the second half last week was that moment for the IUP defense.

Other side of the coin is not all players are created equally. They all don't like overly-animated coaches screaming at them for 60 minutes and it actually turns some of them off. A few of the coaches on the sidelines, in particular, just don't seem to be getting through to this group with that approach.

I did like Tort calling out two of his secondary players by name in the paper last week. That's a fairly rare move at this level.
                            Those 2 had every reason to be called out both for their on the field act and sideline circus. I hope things are corrected but I have serious doubts about some of these guys as being team players .... easy to be an "All American" when things are rolling but true character rises to the surface when the things go south. We will probably see early this week whether the 2nd half last week was the result of IUP turning things up or Clarion turning things down. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                              Those 2 had every reason to be called out both for their on the field act and sideline circus. I hope things are corrected but I have serious doubts about some of these guys as being team players .... easy to be an "All American" when things are rolling but true character rises to the surface when the things go south. We will probably see early this week whether the 2nd half last week was the result of IUP turning things up or Clarion turning things down. jus sayin
                              I thought the 'All American' had a terrible game at Cal and wasn't much better against SRU.

You are correct. We'll learn a lot in the first quarter this week.

You usually see prevent defenses. Clarion went in to the prevent offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X