Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP at Gannon

I'm getting some backlash from my lovely lady about going to the game this weekend. She wants us to go to this Fall Fest... ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      I'm getting some backlash from my lovely lady about going to the game this weekend. She wants us to go to this Fall Fest... ugh!
      Tell her IUP needs some backup muscle in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Tell her IUP needs some backup muscle in the stands.
        Oh I already have! I want to be there to talk trash too!!!

Comment

Other side of the coin is not all players are created equally. They all don't like overly-animated coaches screaming at them for 60 minutes and it actually turns some of them off. A few of the coaches on the sidelines, in particular, just don't seem to be getting through to this group with that approach.
          Right on. That show is getting old for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LIT AF getting some love in the Pick 'Em.
            The weather forecast is certainly showing them some love jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
              The weather forecast is certainly showing them some love jus sayin

The game in Indiana last year was cold, too -- and wet.

The whole key with dealing with Jones is getting them in a big hole early (like last year). IUP needs to make the GU QB beat them (which is very doubtful).

Obviously the big fear there is as of late IUP twiddles its thumbs and screams at each other for the first half of the game. If they pull another of these funeral home starts up there ... season over. Jones will run for 300 on them.

The item I'm most looking forward to is how IUP plans to run the ball. Will they finally abandon the 'up the middle' game -- which has been completely non-existent (which is mind-boggling in itself)? Everybody other than Cal has put up some big points on Gannon.

Tate needs to take a chill from the over-complicated stuff. Let Lenny do what he does best -- short stuff all day and once they fall asleep on it hit a few big ones ... mix in some QB runs, etc. He's best when he gets the ball off quickly. The longer he waits the more picks we see.

Comment

The whole key with dealing with Jones is getting them in a big hole early (like last year). IUP needs to make the GU QB beat them (which is very doubtful).

Obviously the big fear there is as of late IUP twiddles its thumbs and screams at each other for the first half of the game. If they pull another of these funeral home starts up there ... season over. Jones will run for 300 on them.

The item I'm most looking forward to is how IUP plans to run the ball. Will they finally abandon the 'up the middle' game -- which has been completely non-existent (which is mind-boggling in itself)? Everybody other than Cal has put up some big points on Gannon.

Tate needs to take a chill from the over-complicated stuff. Let Lenny do what he does best -- short stuff all day and once they fall asleep on it hit a few big ones ... mix in some QB runs, etc. He's best when he gets the ball off quickly. The longer he waits the more picks we see.
                That's the fear, that Gannon will be able to run much better than they did last year. I think that IUP will be able to run better than the last couple weeks, though. I'm like you, mistified IUP has not been ableto run up the middle this year. Sure, defenses are stacking but, that usually didn't matter last year. was losing Searles that big a deal ? I think the O-line must have regressed.

Comment

I'm not really worried about Jones, he will get his yards although I agree IUP will sell out on the run and make the QB beat them, with the play of the DBs this season that isn't too far fetched. Bigger issue is the IUP run game, I like Justice but he can't physically carry the load, Balega (or someone else) is going to have to carry some of it if they are going to be successful. The offense can't become the turnover machine that it has been the past 3 weeks. If Jones is running the number of IUP possessions will be limited, they will need to make use of all of them. By the way, where has Ricky Rogers been since the calendar turned to September? I don't like what I have seen out of him at all, looks to me like a lack of effort when the ball is not coming his way. He should be more of a presence in this offense. Needs to pick his game up, help out his QB or step aside for someone that will jus sayin

Comment

I'm not really worried about Jones, he will get his yards although I agree IUP will sell out on the run and make the QB beat them, with the play of the DBs this season that isn't too far fetched. Bigger issue is the IUP run game, I like Justice but he can't physically carry the load, Balega (or someone else) is going to have to carry some of it if they are going to be successful. The offense can't become the turnover machine that it has been the past 3 weeks. If Jones is running the number of IUP possessions will be limited, they will need to make use of all of them. By the way, where has Ricky Rogers been since the calendar turned to September? I don't like what I have seen out of him at all, looks to me like a lack of effort when the ball is not coming his way. He should be more of a presence in this offense. Needs to pick his game up, help out his QB or step aside for someone that will jus sayin
                    I actually forgot he was on the team.

Comment

Comment

Misunderstood, I know Jones will run and run well, but the bigger issue to me is IUP not being able to run. With the weather looking like rain and wind, throwing the ball might be an adventure. jus sayin

Comment

Misunderstood, I know Jones will run and run well, but the bigger issue to me is IUP not being able to run. With the weather looking like rain and wind, throwing the ball might be an adventure. jus sayin

Comment

Do you think Tort attempts to slow the pace (run the play clock all game)? Obviously only works if you keep the chains moving, ... but, let's face it, ... this is far from the same IUP offense it was even 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Do you think Tort attempts to slow the pace (run the play clock all game)? Obviously only works if you keep the chains moving, ... but, let's face it, ... this is far from the same IUP offense it was even 3 weeks ago.
                              I think it will be in your best interest to extend the game depending on how your front seven is playing.

Comment

If it's wet you think that hurts IUP. Lenny's hands have been notoriously slippery even on the driest of days. HOWEVER, I think from here on out Lenny Williams is unleashed. He'll take the ball a lot himself. It will be The Lenny Williams Show on Saturday. That is my prognostication.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X