Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: WPIAL

As reported by the Post Gazette and heavily discussed on Madden today, the WPIAL has just four P5 recruits as of today.

Re: OT: WPIAL

Population decrease over the years. People are moving out of western pa in waves

Comment

Sorry for the duplicate post. Never had that happen before.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Sorry for the duplicate post. Never had that happen before.
        Which one is legit? Haha

Comment

Said 10 years ago they had 26 P5 signings.

Comment

Comment

A lot fewer typing teachers getting kids that D1 offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                A lot fewer typing teachers getting kids that D1 offer.
                Yeah, where was that? Cal Tech? Cal Poly? Just hope next time he went for the ball.

-

Comment

OCC has like 70 schools or something wild

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Very true. Even locally it is a bit shocking how few players some of these schools draw now. Football seems to have a completely different connotation than what it did just a few years ago in our society. Before it seemed to be Friday Night Lights and gridiron glory. Now it's CTE and lasting health disabilities. I was just thinking the other day how most of the guys that I played high school ball with do not have sons who play the game. I think this is more than a coincidence. I know for myself I have three nephews who I will never ever attempt to steer towards the game. If they wish to play of their own accord then I will certainly do everything that I can to help them out and support them. But it seems like a ton of former players are not pushing or even wishing for their own sons to play the game they once did.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      Very true. Even locally it is a bit shocking how few players some of these schools draw now. Football seems to have a completely different connotation than what it did just a few years ago in our society. Before it seemed to be Friday Night Lights and gridiron glory. Now it's CTE and lasting health disabilities. I was just thinking the other day how most of the guys that I played high school ball with do not have sons who play the game. I think this is more than a coincidence. I know for myself I have three nephews who I will never ever attempt to steer towards the game. If they wish to play of their own accord then I will certainly do everything that I can to help them out and support them. But it seems like a ton of former players are not pushing or even wishing for their own sons to play the game they once did.

-
                      I believe part of the problem is the organized pee wee leagues. it ends up giving 12 year olds concussions. There was this series called friday night tykes that showed how poorly kids were taught, and how even at that level the better players were taken advantage of to make the coaches look good. At the HS level coaches push kids playing for fun to work at the level for potential P5 recruits. why join a team that is going to work you like a dog, beat you up during practive, but play very little. In my opinion HS and lower level sports have been ruined by over organization. I personally know of one example where a kid's knees were ruined, and they became addicted to opiods because they were pushed way to hard when they were 11,12,13 . . . the other thing this does is force the athletes that are not stars to focus on one sport.

Comment

In the late 90s my high school team dressed 83 on opening night.

We took more to the Monday JV game than most teams dress for the varsity game today.

Four players is still hard to believe. There are still some really strong programs here .... P-R, NA, CC, McKeesport, Gateway, etc.

Tiny Clairton was a P5 factory for a while there.

The less-playing theory is factual. Way less ... at least in the WPIAL. However, I'm not sure the real fertile programs have been effected too bad.

It could just be a bad class of talent.

That will trickle down to our level ... perhaps in a good way. There are still lots of good players ... just not P5 types this year.

Comment

So...I guess Southeastern PA will be cleaning up the state titles come December.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            So...I guess Southeastern PA will be cleaning up the state titles come December.

No idea. I don't follow it that closely. You can still have really strong high school teams made up of 'D2' types and non-P5 kids.

Pine-Richland is down from last year. Gateway is strong in 5A. The WPIAL has some really good lower class teams (A & AA).

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X