Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slippery Rock: PSAC West champions

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    I will be the first to gladly admit I was wrong on Sept. 8. After the way we lost to Shippensburg (on top of how we lost to Kutztown last year and how bad we looked against Kentucky State), I thought this program was heading nowhere under Lutz. I predicted a 7-4 record (at best) after that game and said Lutz would never win a PSAC West title. I was wrong.

That said, we still have Gannon next week. That program has given us problems back to when I played in the early 2000s. If we lose to Gannon and then to West Chester, it will be 2011 all over again. We'll miss the playoffs. So it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Rock Country yet. But it's a hell of a lot better than it was Sept. 8. Go Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      You're wrong!!! They need to win both!!! Losing 1 of those games could pit them out of the playoffs.
      Yep...And if they play their back-ups and lose against Gannon and then lose the champ game the following week, they are certain to not be in the playoffs. If they win one of the two, I think they are a pretty good bet to make the playoffs.

Comment

Congrats to THE ROCK FB and their many followers. Sorry the VULCANS couldn't give you more than a half of competition but, as has been said before they put out a young team with a seriously weak defense, so the results speak for themselves. Good luck against WCU and thanks for handing off the BU PUPPIES to CALU in the final week. I THINK the BLACK & RED should be able to handle SHU and BU for a 7-4 record......but chickens and eggs does come to mind. Thank goodness BB is on the horizon.

Comment

Congrats to Slippery Rock. I tip my hat to you guys.
          Last edited by ShoNuff; 10-28-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

You said Mercyhurst was good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                You said Mercyhurst was good, too.
                They are.

Comment

Stat of the day from yesterday.

First half penalty yards for SRU : 101 yds

First half total yards for Cal: 100 yds

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                    They are.
                    3-6 is not good no matter how you spin it

Comment

3-6 is not good no matter how you spin it
                      Oh, this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                        I will be the first to gladly admit I was wrong on Sept. 8. After the way we lost to Shippensburg (on top of how we lost to Kutztown last year and how bad we looked against Kentucky State), I thought this program was heading nowhere under Lutz. I predicted a 7-4 record (at best) after that game and said Lutz would never win a PSAC West title. I was wrong.

That said, we still have Gannon next week. That program has given us problems back to when I played in the early 2000s. If we lose to Gannon and then to West Chester, it will be 2011 all over again. We'll miss the playoffs. So it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Rock Country yet. But it's a hell of a lot better than it was Sept. 8. Go Rock!
                        Wow! If you lose to both Gannon and West Chester!! Having watched West Chester quite a bit this year, I don't think your guys will lose to the Golden Rams, although I do think WCU will give a better performance than they did last year against IUP in the championship game. Your loss to Shippensburg was somewhat of a weirdo loss, but putting that aside, congratulations to SRU on a very successful season, and being a Bloomsburg fan let me say thanks to your guys for seeing to it that the Huskies have escaped playing SRU this season in the final game.:wink: Best of luck in whatever comes down in November!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                          Wow! If you lose to both Gannon and West Chester!! Having watched West Chester quite a bit this year, I don't think your guys will lose to the Golden Rams, although I do think WCU will give a better performance than they did last year against IUP in the championship game. Your loss to Shippensburg was somewhat of a weirdo loss, but putting that aside, congratulations to SRU on a very successful season, and being a Bloomsburg fan let me say thanks to your guys for seeing to it that the Huskies have escaped playing SRU this season in the final game.:wink: Best of luck in whatever comes down in November!
                          The loss to Ship wasn't a "weirdo" loss. This team bottomed out in midseason, has serious holes in the secondary. It also has a QB that dropped 500-plus air yards on Kutztown and one of the best defensive front sevens in D-II. They would play with any team in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            The loss to Ship wasn't a "weirdo" loss. This team bottomed out in midseason, has serious holes in the secondary. It also has a QB that dropped 500-plus air yards on Kutztown and one of the best defensive front sevens in D-II. They would play with any team in the West.
                            Well then the Ship/IUP game should be a good one to wrap the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                              Hills also didn't play in the Ship game minus about the first two snaps. SRU is totally different without him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                Well then the Ship/IUP game should be a good one to wrap the season.
                                That's my thought, Monk.

Hills also didn't play in the Ship game minus about the first two snaps. SRU is totally different without him.
                                And that's a very good point. Remember, though, that Ship just doesn't get chewed up on the ground. If they're getting burnt, it's over the top.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X