Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock: PSAC West champions

I will be the first to gladly admit I was wrong on Sept. 8. After the way we lost to Shippensburg (on top of how we lost to Kutztown last year and how bad we looked against Kentucky State), I thought this program was heading nowhere under Lutz. I predicted a 7-4 record (at best) after that game and said Lutz would never win a PSAC West title. I was wrong.

That said, we still have Gannon next week. That program has given us problems back to when I played in the early 2000s. If we lose to Gannon and then to West Chester, it will be 2011 all over again. We'll miss the playoffs. So it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Rock Country yet. But it's a hell of a lot better than it was Sept. 8. Go Rock!

Re: Slippery Rock: PSAC West champions

Congratulations. Well earned.

Comment

Thank you, sir.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
          I will be the first to gladly admit I was wrong on Sept. 8. After the way we lost to Shippensburg (on top of how we lost to Kutztown last year and how bad we looked against Kentucky State), I thought this program was heading nowhere under Lutz. I predicted a 7-4 record (at best) after that game and said Lutz would never win a PSAC West title. I was wrong.

That said, we still have Gannon next week. That program has given us problems back to when I played in the early 2000s. If we lose to Gannon and then to West Chester, it will be 2011 all over again. We'll miss the playoffs. So it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Rock Country yet. But it's a hell of a lot better than it was Sept. 8. Go Rock!
          Why would you risk anything against Gannon next week? The game is an opportunity to get some guys some needed rest. Consider it week 17 in the NFL, and you're in the Wild card round a week later...You're not playing your knicked-up starters, and you're hoping to come out healthy...Your ticket to the playoffs is a win against West Chester on the 10th...
          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 10-27-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            Why would you risk anything against Gannon next week? The game is meaningless and its an opportunity to get some guys some needed rest. Consider it week 17 in the NFL, and your in the Wild card round a week later...You're not playing your knicked-up starters, and you're hoping to come out healthy...
            You're wrong!!! They need to win both!!! Losing 1 of those games could pit them out of the playoffs.

Comment

Slippery Rock's ticket to the playoffs is a win against West Chester on the 10th...The PSAC champion would not be left out of any legitimate regional playoff...

Comment

Congrats to the Rock. Well done. By the way, the Rock Angry Mob was all over Lutz after the loss to Ship. How are the Rock supporters feeling about Lutz now?

Comment

Coach of the year- Shawn Lutz

Did not think I would say that this year.

Thought they were a year away.( only 7 seniors and Sample can come back next year on a medical Redshirt) But still a lot of business to take care this year.

Comment

Comment

Why would you risk anything against Gannon next week? The game is an opportunity to get some guys some needed rest. Consider it week 17 in the NFL, and you're in the Wild card round a week later...You're not playing your knicked-up starters, and you're hoping to come out healthy...Your ticket to the playoffs is a win against West Chester on the 10th...
                      I don't think we're securely in the playoffs by any stretch of the imagination. No way we rest starters and risk a loss to two-win Gannon. I know Lutz has done some questionable stuff since he's been in charge, but he's smarter than that. If we rest our starters, lose to Gannon and then lose to West Chester? The season is over. It happened in 2011 (albeit we didn't rest starters. It was just the case of Gannon forever being a thorn in our side)

Comment

I think most of us have been on the board long enough to see strange things happen to 2-loss teams, even 2-loss teams coming off a conference championship, when it's selection time... better to gun for a 10-1 record and remove all doubt, I think.

Comment

Comment

Sloppy win vs Cal. Win the next two and maybe have a bye week then. Gannon's next.

Comment

Damn nice comeback from the early-season woes, Dozsa. Tip of the cap to The Rock.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X