Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC championship game: a question

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    You may have Shepherd, ODU, IUP and Fairmont all with 2 losses. The math can sort it from there.
    Unless the both get in the rankings this week; they have no chance.

I think with both THE ROCK and Hillsdale winning eliminated IUP. ( Root hard for Findlay & Boro)

The loser of Post/New Haven will fail only to 6th or 7th depending on other results. The NE-10 is getting 2 teams in.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
      Unless the both get in the rankings this week; they have no chance.

I think with both THE ROCK and Hillsdale winning eliminated IUP. ( Root hard for Findlay & Boro)

The loser of Post/New Haven will fail only to 6th or 7th depending on other results. The NE-10 is getting 2 teams in.
      Its possible that no 2 loss teams get in. Rock, WCU, KU, New haven, Post NDC Tiffin, and even Hillsdale could have 1 or 0 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        Its possible that no 2 loss teams get in. Rock, WCU, KU, New haven, Post NDC Tiffin, and even Hillsdale could have 1 or 0 losses.
        and 6 of those teams are average squads!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          That's what sitting in the back of my mind. SR1 has - if I counted correctly - eight teams with no more than one loss.

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          and 6 of those teams are average squads!
          That never seems to matter come selection time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
            That's what sitting in the back of my mind. SR1 has - if I counted correctly - eight teams with no more than one loss.

That never seems to matter come selection time.
            I know this. This is why this region won't have a chance in the final 4.

Comment

Tiffin loses again they may be out, too.
              Why in the Hell would a 2 loss Tiffin even be in the conversation. Let's stop sugar coating this Region. The best teams will most likely not make it aka IUP and SRU if they lose....the PSAC carries the Region and have proven that playoff wise for some time except for Shepherd. And please don't get me started with New Haven and there 9 game schedule. Why should they get in, ODU only played 9 last year and they were left out...just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                Why in the Hell would a 2 loss Tiffin even be in the conversation. Let's stop sugar coating this Region. The best teams will most likely not make it aka IUP and SRU if they lose....the PSAC carries the Region and have proven that playoff wise for some time except for Shepherd. And please don't get me started with New Haven and there 9 game schedule. Why should they get in, ODU only played 9 last year and they were left out...just sayin
                Don't choke away two games and this conversation isn't happening. But, it is.

Comment

Don't choke away two games and this conversation isn't happening. But, it is.
                  I feel the same way about us. If we lose to West Chester and get left out, I'll hate it for the players, but this is the bed Lutz made Sept. 8.

Comment

Slippery Rock makes it if they beat West Chester. IUP is going to have to wait until next year to prove - on the field - that they are the best team in the PSAC.

Comment

Slippery Rock makes it if they beat West Chester. IUP is going to have to wait until next year to prove - on the field - that they are the best team in the PSAC.
                      Yes, if we beat West Chester, we'll make it. But if we lose to West Chester and don't get in, IMO, that won't be the loss that costs us a playoff berth. It will be the botched shotgun snap in our own end zone against Shippensburg. If we don't do that, Saturday's game would probably be just for seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                        IUP might not be the 4th best team in the conference...Come back to reality ..

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                          Yes, if we beat West Chester, we'll make it. But if we lose to West Chester and don't get in, IMO, that won't be the loss that costs us a playoff berth. It will be the botched shotgun snap in our own end zone against Shippensburg. If we don't do that, Saturday's game would probably be just for seeding.
                          Yep, all the 'Old (or Long) timers on this board have consistently said that a gaffe at any point in the season can cost a team a playoff seeding. I like the Rock's chances though.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            IUP might not be the 4th best team in the conference...Come back to reality ..
                            Right. East Strod and the Timeouts are probably No. 4

Comment

Yep, all the 'Old (or Long) timers on this board have consistently said that a gaffe at any point in the season can cost a team a playoff seeding. I like the Rock's chances though.
                              I hope you're right. I expect a close one Saturday.

Comment

Right. East Strod and the Timeouts are probably No. 4
                                If I had the time and/or energy and/or desire to compile my own PSAC power ratings, I would have IUP in the top 4.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X