Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting 2019

Has anyone heard anything on the recruiting front for 2019?

I read that Southern Columbia QB Stone Hollenbach has given a verbal as a PWO at Alabama.

Does anyone have a wish list for certain position groups they would like their team to address before signing day?

-

Re: Recruiting 2019

Our early Christmas list has been touched upon.

http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93282

Comment

Dino Tomlin, son of Mike Tomlin, has just committed to Maryland. He ought to be committed.

The younger Tomlin is a three-star WR at Shady Side Academy.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        Dino Tomlin, son of Mike Tomlin, has just committed to Maryland. He ought to be committed.

The younger Tomlin is a three-star WR at Shady Side Academy.

-

Comment

Have to agree here. Dino is only listed at 165 lbs. That's pretty darn light for a D-I football player.

I'm kind of surprised that Pitt did not offer him just to placate the old man.

-

Comment

Have to agree here. Dino is only listed at 165 lbs. That's pretty darn light for a D-I football player.

I'm kind of surprised that Pitt did not offer him just to placate the old man.

-
            Pitt did offer him. Maryland was his other P5.

Comment

I have feeling Maryland will be offering just about everybody. They may need to hire "headhunters" to help find recruits.

Comment

I read that Southern Columbia QB Stone Hollenbach has given a verbal as a PWO at Alabama.

Does anyone have a wish list for certain position groups they would like their team to address before signing day?

-
                IF he wants to play, and not just show off to the locals, he'll be back. Maybe FCS, but more likely PSAC. Throwing to that Fleming kid (6'3", 210 with 4.4 speed, in district 4 ? ? ? ) made him look much better than he is .

Comment

-
                  I never understand kids who take a PWO to a big time school as a QB knowing its less than a 5% chance they'll ever see game time action with most teams recruiting a top QB each season if not 2. At least at a G5 school they have a shot to at least move up to #2 or #3 as they generally land 2 and 3 star guys at the QB position. I'm constantly telling the kids I follow to go where the money is and where there's a window to play within the first 2-3 years. The PWO seem to only have a high success rate for kickers/punters and occasionally a WR here and there/I had a buddy in HS who had offers from FCS schools as well as PSAC schools but choose the PWO route at PSU as a DB. He climbed up the depth chart to be a special teams player by his redshirt sophomore but never peaked higher than 3rd team at his position due to the scholarship players priority instituted by Joe Paterno back then. While he did play in an Orange Bowl and get a ring from the win he wishes he played down a level for his last year to have gotten a fair shake at starting and making an impact on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                    I never understand kids who take a PWO to a big time school as a QB knowing its less than a 5% chance they'll ever see game time action with most teams recruiting a top QB each season if not 2. At least at a G5 school they have a shot to at least move up to #2 or #3 as they generally land 2 and 3 star guys at the QB position. I'm constantly telling the kids I follow to go where the money is and where there's a window to play within the first 2-3 years. The PWO seem to only have a high success rate for kickers/punters and occasionally a WR here and there/I had a buddy in HS who had offers from FCS schools as well as PSAC schools but choose the PWO route at PSU as a DB. He climbed up the depth chart to be a special teams player by his redshirt sophomore but never peaked higher than 3rd team at his position due to the scholarship players priority instituted by Joe Paterno back then. While he did play in an Orange Bowl and get a ring from the win he wishes he played down a level for his last year to have gotten a fair shake at starting and making an impact on defense.
                    many times it also depends on the given school, some a have a pretty good reputation of giving pwo a legit shot to earn playing time at some point..

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                      IF he wants to play, and not just show off to the locals, he'll be back. Maybe FCS, but more likely PSAC. Throwing to that Fleming kid (6'3", 210 with 4.4 speed, in district 4 ? ? ? ) made him look much better than he is .
                      I have to agree all the way here with you. I'm sure he could play plenty somewhere. I just don't see the 'Bama thing being much of a viable option unless he just absolutely knows that's where he wants to go to school and is fine with never seeing the field while being buried on the depth chart.

-

Comment

I think he had offers from RMU and Bucknell. Those were from last year so maybe he has more. I read somewhere that going to Alabama was his life long dream. I don't see a difference if that's what you want to do. Have a meaningless career at Bloom or be a lifelong backup at Alabama and get all the experiences that come with that. The contacts that come with that. You can have Nick Saban on your resume. Whats being all Psac (if even) gonna do for him over holding a clipboard at Alabama. Other than not playing the experience would be much more exciting at Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                          I think he had offers from RMU and Bucknell. Those were from last year so maybe he has more. I read somewhere that going to Alabama was his life long dream. I don't see a difference if that's what you want to do. Have a meaningless career at Bloom or be a lifelong backup at Alabama and get all the experiences that come with that. The contacts that come with that. You can have Nick Saban on your resume. Whats being all Psac (if even) gonna do for him over holding a clipboard at Alabama. Other than not playing the experience would be much more exciting at Bama.
                          There is no call for that: watch and listen to film break down of a Bloom alumni.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1060342836661493761

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                            There is no call for that: watch and listen to film break down of a Bloom alumni.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1060342836661493761
                            LOL. I meant anywhere at this level. Only picked Bloom because its right in the S. Columbia area. I meant a normal average career in the psac.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                              LOL. I meant anywhere at this level. Only picked Bloom because its right in the S. Columbia area. I meant a normal average career in the psac.
                              For the record, the kid had offers from *Alabama*, Committed Aug 2 Bucknell, RMU, Notre Dame college, New Hampshire, Duquesne, St Francis, Va Tech, Sacred Heart, USC, Notre Dame

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X