X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
    Curt Cig to chapel hill
    NO Chance....One does not go from Elon to NC unless he wins National Championship....

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
      NO Chance....One does not go from Elon to NC unless he wins National Championship....
      I know right? He hasn't even won the CAA title.

I mean they are 6-4 and mid pack in their league.

That win over James Madison lost it's luster. They are 8-3. Guess they are having as bad a year as IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Why would any D1 school pluck Cignetti from Elon? He hasn't won anything there yet.

Comment

They are just 6-4 this year so they regressed.

Comment

Keep in mind Elon was the equivalent of Lock Haven.

Not saying he's ACC ready but he has pulled an amazing flip.

All kinds of jobs are going to open soon. Then they get filled and open all kinds of more jobs.

The ferris wheel goes round and round.

Comment

Comment

6 of the 24 team 1aa playoff field is from the CAA. And one of the losses was to USF, a pretty good 1a team. I dont think he has to win the Natl title but winning a few games would set up a good shot for a move.

Comment

Still took them to the playoffs two years in a row which is pretty impressive given how bad they were previously.

Comment

They made the playoffs at 6-4?

Must be a down year in FCS.

Comment

The CAA is a very deep and balanced league. It's not like the PSAC with 16 football teams and only half have any chance of making the postseason.

There's already 8 to 10 PSAC teams already eliminated from next year's playoffs.

Comment

4-loss teams make the FCS playoffs every season. Last year, 5 7-4 teams qualified. Elon only has 6 wins because their game against W&M was cancelled due to the hurricane.

But by all means, keep pretending to know anything about FCS. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
                          Still took them to the playoffs two years in a row which is pretty impressive given how bad they were previously.
                          Elon has had success before. And they have a ton of money. It's not like he took a team without resources and tradition and turned them into an instant winner. I'm not diminishing his success but let's not frame it as impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            Elon has had success before. And they have a ton of money. It's not like he took a team without resources and tradition and turned them into an instant winner. I'm not diminishing his success but let's not frame it as impossible.
                            They've had success in Division II/NAIA. Their success in Division I/FCS is new. It's not groundbreaking necessarily, and if the team stagnates around this tier for multiple years on end without taking advantage of the resources you mention, I could see them start to look in other directions. That's all hypothetical, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                              They've had success in Division II/NAIA. Their success in Division I/FCS is new. It's not groundbreaking necessarily, and if the team stagnates around this tier for multiple years on end without taking advantage of the resources you mention, I could see them start to look in other directions. That's all hypothetical, time will tell.
                              One thing that's made FCS difficult is that they've always belonged to tough FCS conferences. Prior to joining the Colonial (Delaware, James Madison, Richmond) they belonged to the Southern (Citadel, Furman, VMI, Western Carolina).

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                                4-loss teams make the FCS playoffs every season. Last year, 5 7-4 teams qualified. Elon only has 6 wins because their game against W&M was cancelled due to the hurricane.

But by all means, keep pretending to know anything about FCS. :laugh:

I will just like you ESU fans pretend to know everything about IUP.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X