Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Elon has had success before. And they have a ton of money. It's not like he took a team without resources and tradition and turned them into an instant winner. I'm not diminishing his success but let's not frame it as impossible.
    Correct. Elon did well under Pete Lembo who left to take over Ball State (Lustig was on his staff). The guy they had between Lembo and Cignetti was awful. Cignetti has done well at Elon, but he has essentially brought them back to where they were in the Lembo era. Elon plays in arguably the toughest conference in FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      I will just like you ESU fans pretend to know everything about IUP.
      LMAO, good rebuttal! Point me to where I've ever pretended to do that. You know you can't win this argument so you have to resort to generalizing. Just admit defeat. :victory:

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
        LMAO, good rebuttal! Point me to where I've ever pretended to do that. You know you can't win this argument so you have to resort to generalizing. Just admit defeat. :victory:

Nation has been mad at Warrior since 1981. You aren't getting off that easy.

Comment

Comment

LOL ... thought you loved The Donald?

Comment

The CAA placed 6 teams in the playoffs this season (in a 24 team field); it was balanced and strong this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                The CAA placed 6 teams in the playoffs this season (in a 24 team field); it was balanced and strong this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The league is insane. It's nothing like the PSAC where top teams can write in 7 wins before the ball even kicks off.

Imagine if the PSAC was comprised of its Top 10 teams and the dead weight was removed. That's the grind of that league.

Comment

4-loss teams make the FCS playoffs every season. Last year, 5 7-4 teams qualified. Elon only has 6 wins because their game against W&M was cancelled due to the hurricane.

But by all means, keep pretending to know anything about FCS. :laugh:
                  Most took one of their losses to an FBS team.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    Most took one of their losses to an FBS team.
                    Yup, as did Elon. 34-14 to USF.

Comment

Top names floating for the potential NC opening are the coach at James Madison and the coach at Appalachian State.

Both hot commodities.

Comment

Looks like Mack Brown will be hired as the Tar Heels new coach. You all didn't think they were really going to hire an Opie from some of these backwater schools y'all mentioned did you? :laugh:

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                          Looks like Mack Brown will be hired as the Tar Heels new coach. You all didn't think they were really going to hire an Opie from some of these backwater schools y'all mentioned did you? :laugh:

-
                          Isn't he like 80?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Isn't he like 80?
                            I think 67 or so. But yeah, a blast from the past as he is a bit seasoned and a former UNC head coach (1988-1997). I have to admit that I am not sure why the Carolina brass would want to go with him.

-

Comment

I would have thought they would have gone for the Appalachian State coach over Mack Brown. While he can sell recruits on playing for the coach who upset the USC dynasty program to win the BCS title over a decade ago the game has surely passed him by and they are looking at a 3-4 year window before he hangs it up rather than a young upcoming coach. Moves like this though means schools like Temple, FAU, Cincinnati, Memphis have a decent shot at retaining their coaching staffs.

Comment

You wonder how much this was politically fueled, also. The North Carolina program has been dumpster fire on and (especially) off the field for a long time now. I'd assume the theory of the Tar Heel brass is let Mack clean things up and get ready to hand the rebuilt product off to the next hire in 3-4 years.

Chapel Hill really should sell itself to recruits. They've had a lot of talent there. Lot of boneheads, too. It will always be a basketball school first and foremost but one should be able to win there consistently.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X