Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

And yinz are basically making excuses for poor performance. I stand by what the others have said; take some daggone pride in what is put out there.
    Nobody is making excuses. I'm taking it all for face value. It's a student production. I'm not expecting much. The fact it's free and it gives me access to IUP foosball that I didn't have for many years is what I appreciate.

I'd rather IUP pour the money into the foosball program so they win over a professional looking webcast.

You guys are really off base with this criticism especially since none of you can do it either. IUP has much bigger fish to fry than worrying that Don (prounounced like Dawn) from Penn Hills is fumbling his way through the game behind the mic.

I mean...yinz listened to Myron Cope and his fingers on a chalkboard voice for how many decades? He's no Merrill Reese...HA!!!!!!

Last edited by IUPNation; 09-30-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      You guys are really off base with this criticism especially since none of you can do it either.
      That's quite the statement, considering you don't know all of us.

Comment

And yinz are basically making excuses for poor performance. I stand by what the others have said; take some daggone pride in what is put out there.
        No. I'm providing some insight about these broadcasts. The schools generally are just doing what the league is asking of them. Nothing more.

Comment

• IUP has a good team and I really don't see anyone beating them except Slippery Rock and that game will be the deciding game on who represents us. QB is good, WR is amazing, he'll probably make a good slot receiver in the CFL or XFL, but who knows the NFL may even give him a shot. Great game, the defensive line for Mercyhurst was full of back-ups do to starters getting hurt. Starting DT's were out, the NT got hurt toward the end of the half. IUP would have still won the game, better talented team, but going forward Mercyhurst will be hurting until the starting d-line is back. Hopefully in two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

...and it's free.

The kids today don't realize that 25-30 years ago we didn't have the internets and we found out how our teams won by getting the Sunday paper and reading the 20 word blurb about the game buried in the sports section. Now...you can just sit home and stream it on your TV.

That's why I am grateful for the free video feed being 265 miles away from IUP. I don't care that it's a student with a bad yinzer accent who is announcing the game. Again...it's all about perspective. I know what it used to be like...which is to say nothing.
            I just turn the sound off. I recall living in Chester County and having the Bloom newspaper delivered via mail. It would about 3-4 days until I got the paper, and some days I received 4 papers from the prior week. What a way to follow your college sports teams. I was happy when they set up a phone recording that I could call for the days scores.

Comment

That's quite the statement, considering you don't know all of us.
              Then you should offer you services on game day.

Comment

• Well, actually, my school's fine since hiring the Harrisburg Senators' play-by-play guy for football and hoops.

Comment

• Gannon newspaper is brutal

http://gannonknight.com/?p=17896

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X