Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

You guys are being to hard on the quarterback, he didn't have time to throw, receivers were locked down most of the game, nothing he could do. I thought Dunn was being too conservative, but after looking at it, they just couldn't go deep on IUP.
    He took some giant shots. Those add up mentally. He was getting trigger happy in the second half.

Comment

• Good luck to the Crimson Hawks next week. That's all I have to say at this point. Should be a great game with a lot of implications involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You like the easy games. I enjoyed it. Coal Bowl champions - woohoo!
        Daddy loves a rout.

Comment

• You said he was the greatest QB is Pee Sack history.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The one that drove me insane was on the IUP sideline after the Cal player got it first.
            OH YEAH! That one REALLY ticked me off as well!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

You guys are being to hard on the quarterback, he didn't have time to throw, receivers were locked down most of the game, nothing he could do. I thought Dunn was being too conservative, but after looking at it, they just couldn't go deep on IUP.
              They didn't even try much. That was very odd for a Cal team. But, the gigantic mismatch was up front. IUP's front manhandled Cal's OL. Once they caught on to all the misdirection stuff to Brown there wasn't anything left Cal could do.

As mentioned IUP had some really painful drops in the first half.

Also ... what's up with these blocked kicks? Is that the third one in five games?

Comment

They didn't even try much. That was very odd for a Cal team. But, the gigantic mismatch was up front. IUP's front manhandled Cal's OL. Once they caught on to all the misdirection stuff to Brown there wasn't anything left Cal could do.

As mentioned IUP had some really painful drops in the first half.

Also ... what's up with these blocked kicks? Is that the third one in five games?
                In addition to the block, the last kick had pressure up the middle as well. I was surprised it got through. On the first block, it looked like the kick was low to begin with, but you still can't let guys come clean like that. Stout, the snapper, was hurt on one of the early kicks, the second one I believe. He had is back iced up. Royer snapped for the last two kicks without incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

In addition to the block, the last kick had pressure up the middle as well. I was surprised it got through. On the first block, it looked like the kick was low to begin with, but you still can't let guys come clean like that. Stout, the snapper, was hurt on one of the early kicks, the second one I believe. He had is back iced up. Royer snapped for the last two kicks without incident.
                  Looked like Stout and Justice were the two banged up today. Justice came out pretty early. He was in a right arm sling. He seemed in good spirits on the sideline.

In his absence Malik looked pretty good.

Comment

Looked like Stout and Justice were the two banged up today. Justice came out pretty early. He was in a right arm sling. He seemed in good spirits on the sideline.

Comment

• IUP must have been keeping those 2nd and 3rd teamers fresh for next week huh?!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        IUP must have been keeping those 2nd and 3rd teamers fresh for next week huh?!
                        Did Jimmy keep the starters in the 4th Quarter and call
                        passes to pad starter stats? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Evans has been the most effective RB. Hope his arm is ok.

As for the LS, I think Royer has a lot of game experience (he was the starter last year, wasn't he). I guess you never really appreciate the LS until he gets hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            IUP must have been keeping those 2nd and 3rd teamers fresh for next week huh?!
                            Funny since the topic you are responding to is about how well IUP's #3 RB did yesterday. Who is ESU's #3 RB again?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Funny since the topic you are responding to is about how well IUP's #3 RB did yesterday. Who is ESU's #3 RB again?
                              Don't know but their starting QB did toss a TD pass in the 3rd Quarter despite an insurmountable 38-0 halftime lead. At least IUP puts in the backups to start the second half...

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                                Good win by IUP. It was a slow start, but overall the defense was excellent. You keep a team out of the end zone these days that's a big deal. On offense, the big drop by a wide open Grant Smith early on hurt. If he catches that ball and they finish that drive, or even get three, it's a confidence builder. Instead it was a momentum killer and we all saw the result with a big zero at halftime. It's a real luxury to have a guy like Brown out there who you can throw the homerun ball to a few times a game, and a guy like Maxwell who can throw it. They were the difference really. Cal has nobody like Brown or Maxwell on offense. Not even close.

Cal played well on D, but in the end just didn't have enough material. Taking a long look at it, is Cal cozying into that 3rd-4th spot in the West for the long haul? They were 7-4 last year, and already have two losses this year before playing SRU, and possibly West Chester to close out the year. This could be a lengthy playoff drought.
                                Cal front seven strong and mcphatter. Corners are not good players moving forward.....just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X