X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Shepherd at number five in SR 1 while facing the grist mill of the PSAC. Does that scratch the "but they played in the MEC" itch and put to bed the question of whether or not Shepherd can withstand the PSAC gauntlet?
    Last edited by IUPNation; 11-12-2019, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Quite possible. The GMAC will get one spot, but Urbana will get a big SOS boost from Truman St and own the H2H over WV State.

I actually don't get how Urbana is ahead of California right now. Same record, and Cal's SOS is significantly better than Urbana. The only they may be looking at is Cal is 1-3 against opponents .500 or better, but those 3 losses came to Kutztown 10-0, Slippery Rock 10-0 and IUP 9-1.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 11-12-2019, 06:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    Shepherd at number five in SR 1 while facing the grist mill of the PSAC. Does that scratch the "but they played in the MEC" itch and put to bed the question of whether or not Shepherd can withstand the PSAC gauntlet?

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    How did WV State jump West Chester
    No idea. West Chester has better W/L% and better SOS. Only thing is opponents .500 or better. West Chester went from 2-2 to 1-2 since East Stroudsburg lost and WV State went from 2-2 to 3-2 since West Liberty won.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    So if West Virginia State and West Chester both lose, Urbana might be able to sneak in with a win.
    Quite possible. The GMAC will get one spot, but Urbana will get a big SOS boost from Truman St and own the H2H over WV State.

I actually don't get how Urbana is ahead of California right now. Same record, and Cal's SOS is significantly better than Urbana. The only they may be looking at is Cal is 1-3 against opponents .500 or better, but those 3 losses came to Kutztown 10-0, Slippery Rock 10-0 and IUP 9-1.

Leave a comment:

• ShepFan1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I don't believe WVa St gets in if they lose to Notre Dame. Not to include their FCS loss, that would give them 3 losses. But I think you don't believe the committee won't put in 5 PSAC teams, and I kind of believe you may have a very point there. I think if Tiffin wins they would bump a 3-loss W Va St team out.
    Yes, it sure looks like the GMAC will be represented. If Tiffin (9-1) wins, they're in with their poor SOS. Otherwise, if Ohio Dominican (7-2) wins, they're in with their nine games played. And maybe, if both Tiffin and Ohio Dominican lose, they'll get Findlay (8-3) in. Easier for the NCAA to justify the first two scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    NDC loses to a meatball jabroni (at home nonetheless) and IUP loses on the road by a FG to a team perceived to be LSU. Logical.
    While I DO UNDERSTAND where you are coming from, I don't have TOO MUCH heartache over Notre Dame College being ranked higher. They are still atop their division, which is the only reason why I am ok with it. They laid another egg and IUP will move up.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Tiffin would get in over West Chester with Earned access. Looking ahead to next week, what this tells me; is even if WV state loses, they may only drop to 7 and the MEC would get two teams in.

If Tiffin loses, then Ohio Dominican can get in, if they are 9 in the rankings next week.
    I don't believe WVa St gets in if they lose to Notre Dame. Not to include their FCS loss, that would give them 3 losses. But I think you don't believe the committee won't put in 5 PSAC teams, and I kind of believe you may have a very point there. I think if Tiffin wins they would bump a 3-loss W Va St team out.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

You could argue that most teams have no room for error. If you start losing games, SOS won't - and shouldn't save you - when some other bubble team has won 1-2 more games than you. That's why I think this mostly goes back to what I was suggesting that it's always better to win your games than lose close and say you played tough teams.

Notre Dame's schedule may not be good. But they aren't going to be omitted from the playoffs with 1 loss.
    But in SR1, there are currently three 2-loss schools ahead of 8-1 Tiffin.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Yep. Fake Notre Dane has shorter hurdles to jump over and watch IUP get dropped completely if they lose to Ship.
    There is no serious possibility that IUP loses to SHIP unless they get food poisoning from their pre-game meal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's 13 years removed but this is pretty much what IUPNation has been saying, isn't it?
    Yep. Fake Notre Dane has shorter hurdles to jump over and watch IUP get dropped completely if they lose to Ship.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    NDC loses to a meatball jabroni (at home nonetheless) and IUP loses on the road by a FG to a team perceived to be LSU. Logical.
    We always get screwed over.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    It's 13 years removed but this is pretty much what IUPNation has been saying, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-11-2019, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X