Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have heard that Slippery Rock OC has put his name into the candidacy for Head Coach... any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
      Have heard that Slippery Rock OC has put his name into the candidacy for Head Coach... any thoughts?
      If it's going to an OC from the PSAC. The only schools to consider when it comes to OC, would be the Rock, Shep, IUP, and KU. There are no good DC in the league. I would prefer a coach who has experience on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
        • Coach Henicle: If he had a chance, he would have been named interim coach
        • Coach Pajic: He's making too much money at Temple
        • Coach McBryan: Age and health issues
        • Coach Perkins: A former part time DL coach isn't going to cut it
        • Coach Williams: Too old and probably no interest
        • Coach Thompson: No college experience
        • Coach McNamee: Would he give up the security of a high school teacher?
        • Coach Holcomb: No way he leaves the NFL
        • Coach Spadaro: A TE coach isn't enough experience
        • Coach Sheptock: A long shot
        The new HC will be someone not on this list who has experience has a HC or assistant.
        Bart..You only pointed out the negatives. However, each coach has more positive characteristics to why they should be the next head coach.

The next head coach needs a great staff, recruiting connections (with talented players), and alumni support.

Developing players and getting the most out of each player is where I think Coach Darragh wasn't successful as Coach Hale. This will be very important for the next head coach as well.

Based on your HC philosophy, Jimmy T. at ESU should not be the head coach. However, he is and is doing a great job. He does have a very experience staff underneath him and we know that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

Bart..You only pointed out the negatives. However, each coach has more positive characteristics to why they should be the next head coach.

The next head coach needs a great staff, recruiting connections (with talented players), and alumni support.

Developing players and getting the most out of each player is where I think Coach Darragh wasn't successful as Coach Hale. This will be very important for the next head coach as well.

Based on your HC philosophy, Jimmy T. at ESU should not be the head coach. However, he is and is doing a great job. He does have a very experience staff underneath him and we know that helps.
          It will be an important hire, that is why the qualifications must be high. Jimmy T. was an associate HC in 2018 and was being groomed for the job. We are talking about a National Search for Bloom. The list of contenders presented is a group of former coaches and players, Bloom seems to be going in a new direction. I am not saying some on the list wouldn't be good coaches, but I don't see them getting the job for the above reasons. Henicle and Sheptock would have been good choices in another era.

Comment

The latest news letter from the Bloomsburg AD stated a goal of having a new coach in place before January 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
              The latest news letter from the Bloomsburg AD stated a goal of having a new coach in place before January 1.
              And the deadline for applications is 12-4-19, unless the pool of applicants is weak. We should start seeing some names in the next few weeks.

Comment

I believe that they will be trying to hire someone before the fall semester ends, so before this next Friday. A little Christmas present for us all.

Comment

I believe that they will be trying to hire someone before the fall semester ends, so before this next Friday. A little Christmas present for us all.
                  What else do you know? Any names being thrown around?

Comment

Doesn't seem like a lot of time to have initial interviews, a 2nd interview, and maybe a final interview.

Candidates have to travel, etc. it just doesn't happen like clockwork. It's not much time for such an important decision.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Doesn't seem like a lot of time to have initial interviews, a 2nd interview, and maybe a final interview.

Candidates have to travel, etc. it just doesn't happen like clockwork. It's not much time for such an important decision.
                      Unless they got the applicant they wanted. I don't know whether to trust bloom14.

Comment

If I was Bloom, I'd check out this guy. He only has D3 experience, but Clements came from DV and he has worked well at Kutztown.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I agree Matt. He's on my short list and he's not the only D3 coach that I think I they should be looking at. Bloom and Lock Haven should both be looking at Tom Perkovich.

Comment

I was told by the coaching staff that the AD wanted to have a decision in place by Dec. 13th to tell the players before they go on break.

Comment

I was told by the coaching staff that the AD wanted to have a decision in place by Dec. 13th to tell the players before they go on break.
                              OK. When you wrote "this next Friday", I was thinking this Friday, so the word next referred to the following Friday, 12-13-19, which is the end of the semester. They probably can do that with video interviews and get 3 candidates on campus that week. I hope they don't rush through it just to get someone in before the end of the semester.

If they get someone to apply like Jahri Evans (not saying it will happen) it would be an easy hire without the mandatory 3 years college coaching experience. He did own a house in Bloom during his NFL days, and may still. Or a Paterno would be hard to pass up. I could go quick with the right applicant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

OK. When you wrote "this next Friday", I was thinking this Friday, so the word next referred to the following Friday, 12-13-19, which is the end of the semester. They probably can do that with video interviews and get 3 candidates on campus that week. I hope they don't rush through it just to get someone in before the end of the semester.

If they get someone to apply like Jahri Evans (not saying it will happen) it would be an easy hire without the mandatory 3 years college coaching experience. He did own a house in Bloom during his NFL days, and may still. Or a Paterno would be hard to pass up. I could go quick with the right applicant.
                                I would do it right and have somebody in place during the first week of January but that's just me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X