Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
    If Jay Paterno wants to get into coaching so bad, Bloom would be a good spot for him... he's been wanting to get back into coaching for years and no one will touch him. A D2 would be a good landing spot.

If Bloom hired Marty it would be a disaster. Gannon and Edinboro hires dont have a lot to work with. Mercyhurst, it depends on the hire, if the alum like the hire enough, you might see a better program.

He'd certainly be a 'splash' hire -- not sure if a good splash or a bad splash. It would get a lot of media attention for sure. I have to wonder how qualified he actually would be to lead a program. Many felt he had a job on the PSU staff because of Daddy Joe.

Look what's happening at Rutgers. Yesterday that women's group came out of the woodwork bringing up the Sandusky stuff again (as it's heavily rumored Rutgers is about to hire Greg Schiano). I'm not sure any school -- even a small school like Bloom -- wants to deal with all the fuss of hiring a Paterno.

Comment

News flash: Bloom's new normal is closer to ESU than the top of the division.

I agree. It is not news and exactly why every knowledgeable Bloom fan or player should support this move.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He'd certainly be a 'splash' hire -- not sure if a good splash or a bad splash. It would get a lot of media attention for sure. I have to wonder how qualified he actually would be to lead a program. Many felt he had a job on the PSU staff because of Daddy Joe.

Look what's happening at Rutgers. Yesterday that women's group came out of the woodwork bringing up the Sandusky stuff again (as it's heavily rumored Rutgers is about to hire Greg Schiano). I'm not sure any school -- even a small school like Bloom -- wants to deal with all the fuss of hiring a Paterno.
        I totally agree, although it would be interesting. I don't see it happening. It would be a long commute because I doubt he would move to Bloom. There is an interesting connection though, since the former athletic trainer for PSU football from 1985 to 2012 is now an assistant athletic trainer at Bloom. Dr, George Salvaterra was reportedly trusted by Joe Paterno with his own health and that of his players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Well we know it's not former Hale assistant coach Darragh, so who do you have in mind? Is Brian McBryan healthy?
          He should be the top candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post

Maybe. The only person on the staff in any possible position to take over as head coach is Chet Henicle. I think he could do it and is more than prepared. But if Bloom was willing to let Darragh go after all his years, I think they may be looking for a bigger change. The last time this job was open the national search was a formality. Darargh went 10-2 and won the conference championship in his interim season so everyone knew he would get the job and I don't t know anyone that didn't support that. Tom Pajic was the only other candidate they interviewed. I think they will do a more formal search this time, and they absolutely should. They're going to get good candidates.
            It will all come down to recruiting with whoever takes over as head coach. Coach Henicle and Darragh recruited different types of players than Coach Hale and Coach Mcbryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

He should be the top candidate.
              McBryan's offense wasn't tearing up the leagues when he was coordinator. Plus he is in his sixties and retired partly due to medical issues. I do appreciate his run first philosophy, and there was no better offensive line coach.

Comment

McBryan's offense wasn't tearing up the leagues when he was coordinator. Plus he is in his sixties and retired partly due to medical issues. I do appreciate his run first philosophy, and there was no better offensive line coach.
                I think you partially highlighted the difference between the Hale and Darragh era. McBryan was developing NFL prospect lineman and able to recruit excellent running backs to a "run-first" system with great linemen. Darragh went more balanced and also without McBryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think you partially highlighted the difference between the Hale and Darragh era. McBryan was developing NFL prospect lineman and able to recruit excellent running backs to a "run-first" system with great linemen. Darragh went more balanced and also without McBryan.
                  That's it. Hale wanted to overpower and physically beat down a team. McBryan was a big part of that. He still runs OL camps with Jahri Evans.

Comment

I think this is a unique opportunity for Bloom to hire someone who will remake the offense and program. I don't want a run first style of play. I want something that is more balanced. A modern offense will attract more playmaker type players in my opinion.
                    It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

If McBryan is interested in coming out of retirement... Maybe his Alma Mater LHU! Run First! They already led the PSAC in rushing this past year, there O-line is young and still growing and getting better! Wonder what would happen with the guidance of a truly Run First mentality Head Coach

Comment

I was told confidentially that McBryan did have an interest in the LHU job the last time it was open. But things have changed for him since then and I would be surprised if he pursued it now.

Comment

Coach McBryan didn't have the same type of lineman under Coach Darragh like he did with Coach Hale. Coach Darragh didn't recruit the same way as Coach Hale. In the data analytics world we live in today..You can clearly see the drop off based on recruiting classes from 2013( His first season as HC) until 2019.

List of potential new coaches from the Hale coaching tree:
                          • Coach Henicle
                          • Coach Pajic
                          • Coach McBryan
                          • Coach Perkins
                          • Coach Williams
                          • Coach Thompson
                          • Coach McNamee
                          • Coach Holcomb
                          • Coach Spadaro
                          • Coach Sheptock
                          I strongly believe, the next BU head coach will be someone from the list above.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

Coach McBryan didn't have the same type of lineman under Coach Darragh like he did with Coach Hale. Coach Darragh didn't recruit the same way as Coach Hale. In the data analytics world we live in today..You can clearly see the drop off based on recruiting classes from 2013( His first season as HC) until 2019.

List of potential new coaches from the Hale coaching tree:
                            • Coach Henicle
                            • Coach Pajic
                            • Coach McBryan
                            • Coach Perkins
                            • Coach Williams
                            • Coach Thompson
                            • Coach McNamee
                            • Coach Holcomb
                            • Coach Spadaro
                            • Coach Sheptock
                            I strongly believe, the next BU head coach will be someone from the list above.
                            I realize this is probably impossible to say, but of those people on the list, who do you think has the best shot at being named HC? Or who is your favorite from the list?
                            It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

• Coach Henicle: If he had a chance, he would have been named interim coach
                              • Coach Pajic: He's making too much money at Temple
                              • Coach McBryan: Age and health issues
                              • Coach Perkins: A former part time DL coach isn't going to cut it
                              • Coach Williams: Too old and probably no interest
                              • Coach Thompson: No college experience
                              • Coach McNamee: Would he give up the security of a high school teacher?
                              • Coach Holcomb: No way he leaves the NFL
                              • Coach Spadaro: A TE coach isn't enough experience
                              • Coach Sheptock: A long shot
                              The new HC will be someone not on this list who has experience has a HC or assistant.

Comment

• Coach Henicle: If he had a chance, he would have been named interim coach
                                • Coach Pajic: He's making too much money at Temple
                                • Coach McBryan: Age and health issues
                                • Coach Perkins: A former part time DL coach isn't going to cut it
                                • Coach Williams: Too old and probably no interest
                                • Coach Thompson: No college experience
                                • Coach McNamee: Would he give up the security of a high school teacher?
                                • Coach Holcomb: No way he leaves the NFL
                                • Coach Spadaro: A TE coach isn't enough experience
                                • Coach Sheptock: A long shot
                                The new HC will be someone not on this list who has experience has a HC or assistant.
                                You would be better off hiring a coordinator from another PSAC school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X