Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like he would be a good selection.

Comment

• Sheptock seems like a guy that wouldn't be in the final 3 other than being an alum. His last 7 years at wilkes only had two winning seasons and those were 6-5...sounds familiar for bloom.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
        Sheptock seems like a guy that wouldn't be in the final 3 other than being an alum. His last 7 years at wilkes only had two winning seasons and those were 6-5...sounds familiar for bloom.
        I agree, but the pickings are apparently slim.

Comment

• We don't know if this list is legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I agree, but the pickings are apparently slim.
            Slim pickings often correlates with a weak compensation package. Any idea what kind of coin they want to spend on the new coach?

Comment

• I don't understand why they are picking another defensive minded head coach. With who applied for the job, I think it would have been crazy to not put one offensive minded guy on at least the top 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                Sheptock seems like a guy that wouldn't be in the final 3 other than being an alum. His last 7 years at wilkes only had two winning seasons and those were 6-5...sounds familiar for bloom.
                Good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  We don't know if this list is legit.
                  Could be semi-accurate. Most likely speculative.

Comment

• It will be interesting to watch how the Lock Haven and Bloomsburg "national searches" play out. There is a big difference in the way the respective schools handle the process of coaching changes.

The major differences so far as well as anticipated differences:

1) LHU hired an interim HC and Bloom did not. I would think Nickell, the LH interim, will be a finalist for the job. There will be other candidates, however. Nickell might just get the promotion. He was one of 3 finalists for D2 AFCA Assistant Coach of the Year.

2) Lock Haven's process will be more methodical and transparent. LH will have press releases at every phase of the process. Developments will be reported in local media.

3) If it fits the profile of previous job openings LHU will provide a forum for input from outside of the athletics department, including interviews by non-athletics faculty and staff as well as community members. We will see. It could be different with the new administration.

I'm speculating about the differences in the way the 2 are handled, of course. But it will be interesting to compare the two processes.

Comment

• I'm leaning more towards Coach Henicle. He is a great defensive coach. Maybe Pajic comes back as the OC?? Maybe Coach Spadaro will leave West Chester to take over the offensive line?? I heard a few Mid-Penn coaches would be interested in helping the program as well.

Comment

• Still nothing. It is incredible that social media has been able to keep the finalists a secret, except for a post on here. There are many football players with twitter accounts, etc. Nothing. Bloom really playing this close to the vest, so there must be some sort of gag order on everyone. Unless, the alleged finalists are a smoke screen to confuse. Things are getting "curiouser and curiouser".

Comment

• Bloomsburg will be holding a press conference between the two basketball games today (approx. 2:35) , regarding the football program.

Comment

• Frank Sheptock is the new Bloomsburg Head Coach

Comment

• Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
                              Frank Sheptock is the new Bloomsburg Head Coach
                              Oh well. https://buhuskies.com/news/2019/12/2...l-program.aspx
                              Last edited by Bart; 12-20-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Funny how you can search the nation and then find your next HC right under your nose in Berwick.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X