Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I would do it right and have somebody in place during the first week of January but that's just me.
    I can see the benefit of having the players involved in having some input and being on campus for public interviewz. A rap against Darragh was "communication" issues, so the current players need to have their say in who is the next coach.

Since posters are throwing out names. Here is a former Husky to look at: https://www.cortlandreddragons.com/staff.aspx?staff=141
    Last edited by Bart; 12-03-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
      I believe that they will be trying to hire someone before the fall semester ends, so before this next Friday. A little Christmas present for us all.
      Thank you!!!! This shows the next head coach is someone from my list. The 10 million dollar donation is a huge plus as well.

Comment

Bloom should look at Mike Sirianni. https://gopresidents.com/staff-direc...ke-sirianni/15

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
          Bloom should look at Mike Sirianni. https://gopresidents.com/staff-direc...ke-sirianni/15
          My understanding is that Cal made a push for him when Kellar left and was unsuccessful. He wouldn't have had to move for that one. Getting him to Bloom would be tough. Plus - he would absolutely have to hire someone who knows the science of splitting scholarships.

Comment

Have coaches been on campus to interview yet? Anyone aware of the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
              I was told by the coaching staff that the AD wanted to have a decision in place by Dec. 13th to tell the players before they go on break.
              Listen, since I don't have a subscription to The Press-Enterprise can you post who they picked by EOD tomorrow? Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Application deadline was December 4. That's a pretty strong turnaround unless there is already someone in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Application deadline was December 4. That's a pretty strong turnaround unless there is already someone in mind.
                  Old saying ... you never fire a coach unless you already have the next one picked out.

Comment

I wonder if they're going to go with a certain OC within conference. Would be a great move if they did as he has a great deal of experience in recruiting in SE PA as well as central PA

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Old saying ... you never fire a coach unless you already have the next one picked out.
                        Sure - but how many times does that really happen? Coaches contract allows for a position to be awarded without the full dog & pony show with VP approval. I feel like that would have happened but the VP who oversees athletics was fired earlier this fall.

Comment

• - Current Assistant Head Coach & Defensive Coordinator
                          - Strong range of responsibilities including Recruiting Coordinator & Camp Director
                          - Other D2 coaching perspective at Lenoir-Rhyne and Wingate

BONUS:
                          - Bloomsburg alumnus and HOF inductee
                          - Already lives in Bloomsburg

Comment

• I was expecting a better group of applicants. Tomorrow is the end of the semester and there has been no announcement yet, so I still have hope. It seems the next deadline is 1-1-20.

Comment

• Bloom players are meeting with the prospective coaches tomorrow and monday. Don't know how many players will be there since finals are basically wrapped up at this point and only local players could come on Monday.

Comment

• If they are the 3 finalists, I"ll go out on an limb and say Sheptock gets the job. It allows the University to make a change, but keep it in the Husky family. He is local and can recruit the coal region. He appears to be an outgoing and energetic coach who gets to know his players, which may have been a criticism of Darragh.

Sheptock owns the record for most wins in a season (11) and career (107) at Wilkes while leading the Colonels to nine postseason appearances.

He had an average HC career for 18 years at Wilkes University, and became the AD at Berwick H.S., then became AD and HC of the football team. Some thought he tried to push former HC George Curry out before he was ready to retire. He left Berwick after 5 years as AD and 3 as football HC, possibly because of additional duties that were added for fundraising. He reportedly just wanted to coach. It was announced he left to be an assistant coach at Kings College, but coached as DC at Misercordia University last year. He has been jumping around the since leaving Wilkes, with a year a DL coach at Bloom, and 3 days as HC at Mount Carmel H.S. before declining the job.

"A Bloomsburg University Hall of Fame member, Sheptock ('86) was a three-time first team Associated Press All-American in football and a four-time All-PSAC selection. He holds nearly all of Bloomsburg's defensive records, including career tackles (537). He set the standard for tackles in a game with 23 in the 1985 national semifinal game and holds the season record for stops (159). The Huskies reached the PSAC Championship game twice during his four years, winning the title in 1985. That same year, the Huskies reached the semifinals of the NCAA championships with a school-record 12 wins. Following graduation, Sheptock moved into coaching, first as an assistant and later as a head coach, at Wilkes University. He was voted to the NCAA Division II Team of the Quarter Century in 1997. In 2007, he became the first athlete from Bloomsburg University to be inducted into the National College Football Hall of Fame.

Sheptock has previous coaching experience at Wilkes University, serving on the staff of the Colonels for 23 years including 18 seasons as head coach. He posted a 107-81 record with Wilkes that included two NCAA and seven ECAC postseason berths."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sheptock

Last edited by Bart; 12-12-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X