Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock gets no Respect

Sorry to sound like a Rodney Dangerfield bit but it is true and everyone knows it. Especially the writers of this website (D2football.com) Look at this season alone. The Rock was predicted 3rd in the PSAC West. Then they Beat California and IUP at their houses, they win the PSAC. Yes they played two sloppy games both of which they could of and should have won. But IUP got beat up by Shippensburg the last game of the season as well. Through out this season and ever season D2Football writes very little about the Rock... seems to refuse to post articles about the Rock wins and have not shown much respect throughout the playoffs (look at their main page right now... a picture of Wes Hills Running but the article is a double post of the Asuza Pacific loss). I remember early on D2F has some IUP folks running the ship and the Rock were in some struggle years but there is no call for this disrespect presently. The only PSAC team in the playoffs... knocked out two NE10 teams - Every Playoff game will be on the road since they are the lowest seed in the region... still nothing. This season is not like the other seasons when it comes to the Rock getting the short end of the stick. So do I expect any change from D2F... nope. Sorry I just don't. The Rock could win the National Championship and there would not be a full write up on how good the team was this year.

That is Ok. The Alumni who speak up for the team, that go to the games that speak to the coaches and players all know that we are family. We are a strong family. From guys like me who played but are not remembered, to the superstars of yesterday and the future superstars yet to come. We Love Rock Football, and we are the Green and White family.

Re: Slippery Rock gets no Respect

Originally posted by texwilson47 View Post
    Sorry to sound like a Rodney Dangerfield bit but it is true and everyone knows it. Especially the writers of this website (D2football.com) Look at this season alone. The Rock was predicted 3rd in the PSAC West. Then they Beat California and IUP at their houses, they win the PSAC. Yes they played two sloppy games both of which they could of and should have won. But IUP got beat up by Shippensburg the last game of the season as well. Through out this season and ever season D2Football writes very little about the Rock... seems to refuse to post articles about the Rock wins and have not shown much respect throughout the playoffs (look at their main page right now... a picture of Wes Hills Running but the article is a double post of the Asuza Pacific loss). I remember early on D2F has some IUP folks running the ship and the Rock were in some struggle years but there is no call for this disrespect presently. The only PSAC team in the playoffs... knocked out two NE10 teams - Every Playoff game will be on the road since they are the lowest seed in the region... still nothing. This season is not like the other seasons when it comes to the Rock getting the short end of the stick. So do I expect any change from D2F... nope. Sorry I just don't. The Rock could win the National Championship and there would not be a full write up on how good the team was this year.

That is Ok. The Alumni who speak up for the team, that go to the games that speak to the coaches and players all know that we are family. We are a strong family. From guys like me who played but are not remembered, to the superstars of yesterday and the future superstars yet to come. We Love Rock Football, and we are the Green and White family.
    I quit reading at "they win the PSAC" .... um cause they didn't ...... jus sayin

Comment

SR1 gets no love because its teams get walloped yearly in the Final Four.

Read the rest of the board. Most think SR1 is a joke. We don't agree but that is the perception nationally.

Does anybody think Grand Valley State or NWMS wouldn't hammer both remaining SR1 teams? Yet they are both home already since they are paired in the Death Region.

Find the last national title team with less than 36 scholarships. It may be a real small list.

Comment

i have all the respect in the world for the other men who have worn the green and white on Saturdays, but i have to respectfully disagree regarding the West Chester game. That was one we should not have won. After we went up 3-0, they dominated us the rest of that game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Read the rest of the board. Most think SR1 is a joke. We don't agree but that is the perception nationally.

Does anybody think Grand Valley State or NWMS wouldn't hammer both remaining SR1 teams? Yet they are both home already since they are paired in the Death Region.

Find the last national title team with less than 36 scholarships. It may be a real small list.
          Yep. There is a thread on the GSC board about reseeding the remaining teams. They have NDC #7 and SRU #8.

Comment

Cry me a river, Tex.

Comment

Well...it is a gym teacher school.

Just sayin....

Comment

To me, none of that matters. All that matters is that in the final regional ranking, we were given a chance to continue playing football. I would rather have a game this Saturday than have had a million articles written about the team on D2 football and been nationally ranked all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                  To me, none of that matters. All that matters is that in the final regional ranking, we were given a chance to continue playing football. I would rather have a game this Saturday than have had a million articles written about the team on D2 football and been nationally ranked all season.
                  You got it. Once the dance starts everybody is 0-0. Win Saruday and not a soul at SRU will give a rats as$ about that PSAC trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP has the best chance to redeem SR1 reputation last year but the worst Qb performance in D2 history by Lenny derailed that from happening.

Comment

Regarding one of those two games you should've won, Tex, we didn't put you in the shotgun for victory formation.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                        IUP has the best chance to redeem SR1 reputation last year but the worst Qb performance in D2 history by Lenny derailed that from happening.
                        You couldn't resist Homer....

Comment

More likely incompetence than lack of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                            You couldn't resist Homer....

Comment

I hate to be cliche but it is true that respect must be earned. If SRU, IUP or other PSAC/SR1 teams get to the national final 4 and win there will be respect. I've had a chance to think on this for awhile and I believe that's how it works.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X