Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I would hope that Cal plays someone a little tougher than 4-7 St. Anselm to open the season...
    They certainly were not much of a challenge. However, considering the VULCANS had opened the previous 2 seasons versus ODU and were facing a schedule that included 4 of 5 PSAC PO teams, three on the road, I give GD a pass on his scheduling. Incidentally if you followed NE10 FB, ST A was not as bad as their first five games, with a freshman QB, indicated. They returned a senior QB in game 6, raised PPG from 15 to 38, went 4-2 including wins over UNH, SCSU and finally ASSUMPTION by 61-23. The team failed by close margins but fail they did to their regret. I personally have suggested a QB switch from MITCHELL to DALE. Little chance that will happen but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
      From an East perspective a similar thing happens. Shepherd, which got in with a pretty easy schedule year 1 (Hurst, Clarion, Hill crossovers, home against both WCU and Kutztown), now has IUP and Rock in their crossover, and WCU and Kutztown on the road. If they make the playoffs in year 2 of the PSAC, they will certainly be tested. Ship, on the other hand, goes from Rock, Cal, and IUP to Edinboro, Clarion, and Mercyhurst. They may have had a disappointing 2019 but relief may be around the corner.

ESU's slate is neutral/difficult IMO. They have some real tough games with Rock, Kutztown, WCU, and Shepherd, but all of them are at home. Their other crossovers are on the road but winnable (Hurst and Gannon), and they also get Ship and Bloom on the road. If they're going to progress, they'll have to win some of those road games. Not including OOC, a 5-5 record would be a success in my mind, even though it's not necessarily an improvement over this year record-wise. Taking one of those four tough home games would be a clear sign of better times coming.
      ESU has an OOC opener with Pace coming to the Poconos to start the season...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

ESU has an OOC opener with Pace coming to the Poconos to start the season...
        Should be a win then. If Millersville could beat them...

Comment

No one can complain about IUP SOS next year. One IUP guy might actually say they got screwed by a tough OOC schedule. I can see the steam rising out of the top of his head already!!!
          Or IUP might just win every game and piss you off because this guy will be flaunting my IUP superiority complex even note than I already do. Did you have fun at your 6-5 parade?

BTW ESU Mediocrity cooties are currently ruining Penn State foosball. James Franklin will never make Penn State a top 5 program.
          Last edited by IUPNation; 11-22-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I have no way to confirm it but I've been told multiple times that the central office picks out of a hat when they build the two-fer schedules.
            That sounds about right. Yet I offer them a great formula to schedule from year to year. There is no reason why PSAC schedules need to be set in stone for a few years in advance. Just set up a formula and the schedule creates itself for the next year. It balances out SOS for the whole conference.

Comment

Shepherd get's the real introduction next year. Anyone know if ODU was a home and home or a 1 off this year?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Or IUP might just win every game and piss you off because this guy will be flaunting my IUP superiority complex even note than I already do. Did you have fun at your 6-5 parade?

BTW ESU Mediocrity cooties are currently ruining Penn State foosball. James Franklin will never make Penn State a top 5 program.
                This was definitely the year for JF to install himself long term in Happy Valley but he flopped. Next up ....

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                  Shepherd get's the real introduction next year. Anyone know if ODU was a home and home or a 1 off this year?
                  With games versus 4 PO teams, I agree the RAMS are up against it. If as I seem to remember ODU is on in Ohio, that's five games that are 50/50 and three are on the road. Definitely not MEC level.

Comment

Didn't St. Anselm show some marked improvement this year?? Some of their results surprised a number of people. Nevertheless, I would like to see Cal upgrade to playing a more competitive opponent than SA.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

This was definitely the year for JF to install himself long term in Happy Valley but he flopped. Next up ....

The Joebots are 9-1 ... not sure I'd call that a 'flop'

There's only three undefeated teams left in D1.

Granted, I'd love to see them lose by 50 in the 'shoe tomorrow.

Comment

They were #4 two weeks ago...What were you saying?!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

So a 10-2 regular season with a lot of your best players sophomores and juniors is a flop? Good Lord, no wonder the QB is getting death threats up there.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Joebots are 9-1 ... not sure I'd call that a 'flop'

There's only three undefeated teams left in D1.

Granted, I'd love to see them lose by 50 in the 'shoe tomorrow.
                            They should have beaten Minnesota.

Penn State being the only real big time D1 program in PA should be top 3 in the country.

Comment

They were #4 two weeks ago...What were you saying?!
                              And lost to Minnesota.

Comment

They should have beaten Minnesota.

Penn State being the only real big time D1 program in PA should be top 3 in the country.
                                No. Penn State is fine where they are, and I hate them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X