Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Matt's article stated yesterday----it appears that IUP has gone the transfer route for its starting QBs the past bunch of years. Pat Smith (2011-12) seems to be the last QB who was not a transfer to win the regular starting job.

Friday IUP football trivia question-----name the last non-transfer QB to make a start for IUP?

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      As Matt's article stated yesterday----it appears that IUP has gone the transfer route for its starting QBs the past bunch of years. Pat Smith (2011-12) seems to be the last QB who was not a transfer to win the regular starting job.

Friday IUP football trivia question-----name the last non-transfer QB to make a start for IUP?

-
      To make 'a' start (as in singular) or be the confirmed 'starter'?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

To make 'a' start (as in singular) or be the confirmed 'starter'?
        The singular. Just to make a start.

-

Comment

• That would be Mike Pietropola....

Comment

If Davis leaves Spring Ball as the backup he's as good as gone by the last day of classes. At that point, you can't blame him. I'm guessing they'll add another QB over the summer.

I'm also assuming Alex Ramart isn't paying his way at IUP, so they have a big investment in him from the start.
            I hate to say this BigIndians....but I believe Davis will be gone come the last days of classes. He will be in the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              That would be Mike Pietropola....
              Whoa! You are correct. And to top it off you just stumped the stumper. Geez, I had completely forgot about him starting late in the 2016 season after Lenny's season came to an abrupt end due to injury.

Job well done, sir! Now, do you have any idea where I left my car keys?

-

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I hate to say this BigIndians....but I believe Davis will be gone come the last days of classes. He will be in the transfer portal.
                TBD as in to be determined. Davis will enter spring drills atop the depth chart and will have the opportunity to win the job, as will Ramart. It is going to be an exciting competition here and one that should bring some IUP fans out to spring practice and scrimmages.

-

Comment

• The word around town on the signing of RB Dayjure Stewart (Fork Union Military Academy) was he was just simply too good to pass up.

Things will be a little crowded back there this year with him, Houser, Justice and Malik. But, as we know, you can never have enough solid RBs.

The DB from Youngstown State, Bryce Gibson, is from Johnstown. He's a player -- and likely Day 1 starter. He started 11 games for the Penguins as a true freshman in 2017 and all 11 games in 2018.

Connor Kelly (Edinboro LB import) is a solid add. He had a real good game against IUP this past season. Nice size (6'3", 220 lbs). High motor. Intense. He can hit. He should be even more productive here with a solid DL in front of him.

Alex Ramart ... I guess we'll have to (cough cough) wait and see if he wins the QB competition.

And, ... can't help but think of teams having to deal with Duane Brown and Irvin Charles. I sure hope he does indeed show up.

Comment

The word around town on the signing of RB Dayjure Stewart (Fork Union Military Academy) was he was just simply too good to pass up.

Things will be a little crowded back there this year with him, Houser, Justice and Malik. But, as we know, you can never have enough solid RBs.

The DB from Youngstown State, Bryce Gibson, is from Johnstown. He's a player -- and likely Day 1 starter. He started 11 games for the Penguins as a true freshman in 2017 and all 11 games in 2018.

Connor Kelly (Edinboro LB import) is a solid add. He had a real good game against IUP this past season. Nice size (6'3", 220 lbs). High motor. Intense. He can hit. He should be even more productive here with a solid DL in front of him.

Alex Ramart ... I guess we'll have to (cough cough) wait and see if he wins the QB competition.

And, ... can't help but think of teams having to deal with Duane Brown and Irvin Charles. I sure hope he does indeed show up.
                    If the transfer RB is good as his highlights, I would not be surprised to see probably Malik Anderson or MAYBE Justice moved to the slot.

I agree with you on Kelly. He almost has the same amount of tackles for loss (16) than Lloyd has his entire career (18.0) at IUP. The run defense has potential in getting much better. Kelly is no question a Day 1 starter.

I also saw that the DB Gibson was a 2 1/2 year starter at Youngstown. But I ALSO NOTICE he has only one career INT. But still, he will probably be a Day 1 starter as well.

Comment

The word around town on the signing of RB Dayjure Stewart (Fork Union Military Academy) was he was just simply too good to pass up.

I'm not sold Irv is showing up.

Comment

• LB Noah Vaughan, Beaver Falls, is a Crimson Hawk.

Twitter blessings official.

This guy may be like a Duane Brown. If he wasn't injured I doubt he's at this level. He's a bad a$$ at LB.

Comment

• Charles Ingram (RB/DB) of Monsignor Bonner has committed to IUP.

The Twitter blessings went out last night.

Comment

• Lineman Gerald Comedy, Washington High, is Twitter official.

Comment

• Randy Washington II DB/WR Perkiomen HS https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7987217...f6630cb08b132d
                              Also committed vua Twitter https://twitter.com/Randy_w25/status...84283585912834

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

TBD as in to be determined. Davis will enter spring drills atop the depth chart and will have the opportunity to win the job, as will Ramart. It is going to be an exciting competition here and one that should bring some IUP fans out to spring practice and scrimmages.

-
                                So the spring roster is out, and no Javon Davis. Just the freshman, Horn and Hauser - Looks like we will be seeing another addition this summer unless the redshirt Freshman impress enough to be #2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X