Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The bigger questions, however, are:

* Can this staff figure out how to play in the first 30 minutes of big games?

* Can this staff figure out how to control the undisciplined play on the field?

* Can the defensive staff figure out how to close big games in the final minutes?

Tort hasn't lost many games in his three-year era. But, and this is a big BUT, all the losses have a VERY common theme.
    Awesome post. I fully endorse these critical questions Spot on. Now, can we see early signs of steps to address the second point? To me, it directly relates to points 1 and 3.

TBH, I am beginning to lose confidence in Tortorella's ability as a head coach. Great person. Very good coordinator. Maybe just not a HC. Come on coach Tort, prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post

Awesome post. I fully endorse these critical questions Spot on. Now, can we see early signs of steps to address the second point? To me, it directly relates to points 1 and 3.

TBH, I am beginning to lose confidence in Tortorella's ability as a head coach. Great person. Very good coordinator. Maybe just not a HC. Come on coach Tort, prove me wrong.

how are you guys losing confidence in a guy that has a 31-6 record???!!! He led a team to win the Region in 2017! Which Curt never did! He was also the fastest Head Coach in Program to reach 30 wins! I have met the guy a couple of times and he is a very nice person.

Comment

You have to be fair to Curt. He inherited a total mess from The Lou Tepper - very little talent, etc. Tort inherited a team from Curt that was completely stacked with Curt's developed players. Very different circumstances.

Tort has done very well. He's 3-3 versus Cal and SRU. The two home playoff losses are the black eye on the resume.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
          I think other fans must be looking at IUP fans with a puzzled look on their faces. Ok, we lost a PO game in the last seconds. We lost a regular season game to a much higher ranked team by 3 points. We won all of the other games, though. It's been noted that Tort has a 31-6 record as HC. As with all head coaches you are only as good as your last game. I know that.

TBH, I think he's doing well. I think he's still learning to be a HC, which is good as long as he keeps getting better.

I questioned hiring him in the first place. For the previous 35 years IUP had a high profile HC, someone well known nationwide. I thought that was important in our program. But I have to say when I watch Tort's weekly show with Jack I'm impressed by his grasp of what's important in each game and how he talks about the players. For one thing, I would say he did regain control of the team this year. That was critical.

It's been mentioned that the last of Cignetti's recruits are done this year. However, Tort appears to be a good recruiter. He brought in Redfield, Maxwell, Reese, and a lot of other quality transfers in addition to players coming in from HS.

I think he's a pretty smart guy and things he's being criticized for now are things he can overcome. It does concern me that he said after the Shep game that if it was 4 or 5 years down the road he might consider hanging it up. If you are totally committed I'm not sure you entertain that idea over one loss.

As always, the ultimate goal for IUP's football program is to win the D2 NC. I guess anything less the faithful is not satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
            how are you guys losing confidence in a guy that has a 31-6 record???!!! He led a team to win the Region in 2017! Which Curt never did! He was also the fastest Head Coach in Program to reach 30 wins! I have met the guy a couple of times and he is a very nice person.
            I agree. If Bloom suddenly found a booster and made a run at him, how would they feel then? 31 wins over a 3 year stretch is tremendous for anyone. IUP has had a great program for a long time, but enjoy the wins and don't take it for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think other fans must be looking at IUP fans with a puzzled look on their faces. Ok, we lost a PO game in the last seconds. We lost a regular season game to a much higher ranked team by 3 points. We won all of the other games, though. It's been noted that Tort has a 31-6 record as HC. As with all head coaches you are only as good as your last game. I know that.

TBH, I think he's doing well. I think he's still learning to be a HC, which is good as long as he keeps getting better.

I questioned hiring him in the first place. For the previous 35 years IUP had a high profile HC, someone well known nationwide. I thought that was important in our program. But I have to say when I watch Tort's weekly show with Jack I'm impressed by his grasp of what's important in each game and how he talks about the players. For one thing, I would say he did regain control of the team this year. That was critical.

It's been mentioned that the last of Cignetti's recruits are done this year. However, Tort appears to be a good recruiter. He brought in Redfield, Maxwell, Reese, and a lot of other quality transfers in addition to players coming in from HS.

I think he's a pretty smart guy and things he's being criticized for now are things he can overcome. It does concern me that he said after the Shep game that if it was 4 or 5 years down the road he might consider hanging it up. If you are totally committed I'm not sure you entertain that idea over one loss.

As always, the ultimate goal for IUP's football program is to win the D2 NC. I guess anything less the faithful is not satisfied.
              We're unfortunately nowhere close to a national title. No playoffs last year and bounced at home in Round 1 this year. Next year's schedule is brutal. It will be very tough to go 9-2 and make the playoffs next year. Possible but tough.

Comment

We're unfortunately nowhere close to a national title. No playoffs last year and bounced at home in Round 1 this year. Next year's schedule is brutal. It will be very tough to go 9-2 and make the playoffs next year. Possible but tough.
                I know that. But I stand by that it's the "ultimate goal."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
                    I said Frank and Curt! (GODFATHER) you are a F***ing idiot!
                    Actually, in the lexicon of our little PSAC forum former Cal president Armenti (sp?) was dubbed as the Godfather by IUPNation some years ago.

And for you, a poster with a grand total of 36 posts, to call a forum legend such as Nation with nearly 100,000 posts a beeping idiot pretty much tells us all we need to know about you.

Frank Cignetti Sr. was dubbed as the Emperor some time back.

-

Comment

All the teams in SR1 have 25? You sure about that? Lol. Not even close.

Let's make factual sense. Very few teams in SR1 have anywhere near 25 scholarships. IUP could be maxed if they could raise more money (along with any other school).

Comment

These numbers are a bit old, but multiple teams in our conference over 25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_072504.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	460459

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Actually, in the lexicon of our little PSAC forum former Cal president Armenti (sp?) was dubbed as the Godfather by IUPNation some years ago.

And for you, a poster with a grand total of 36 posts, to call a forum legend such as Nation with nearly 100,000 posts a beeping idiot pretty much tells us all we need to know about you.

Frank Cignetti Sr. was dubbed as the Emperor some time back.

-
                          ...and there you have it.

Comment

Let's make factual sense. Very few teams in SR1 have anywhere near 25 scholarships. IUP could be maxed if they could raise more money (along with any other school).
                            ...or if the idiots in Harrisburg would spend more money to lower tuition...then the money everyone has for foosball could be stretched further.....

Comment

Then there you go buddy making my point even more. Not even 25, yet every other region gets 36

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

These numbers are a bit old, but multiple teams in our conference over 25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_072504.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	460459

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X