Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort just landed a monster of a DL out of Harrisburg.

Leave a comment:

• PSACfan1
    replied
    Exposed me as a fraud? That would be you junior.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    I hesitate to even bring it up after the events of last week-----but it looks like the IUP spring rooster is back up. It looks to be the real deal this time. Or so we would hope.

Looks like Malik Anderson has switched his jersey number to #1. He previously had 9 and 27.

Justice Evans switched his number from 24 to 6. Shades of James Suber from yesteryear.

Transfer QB Alex Ramart has selected #11.

Transfer LB Connor Kelly will wear #32.

Touchdown Brown remains listed as a RB.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPTexan View Post
    indianagazette.com The information is hard to come by.
    Welcome to the forum as well as IUP fandom!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Really? That is big news. I see that as a great thing or at least I think I do on first thought. I wonder how big their football teams are (meaning numbers wise).

Their famous Coal Bowl with Northern Cambria can now continue now that they will meet every season. I have no idea if they still played that in recent years but it was a huge rivalry back in the day.

Geographically the travel time to Cambria Heights should not be too bad for most Heritage schools. Glendale High is not too far from there at all if they ever need to dig up another member.

Sounds like a good move on the surface. Anything has to be better than playing Ligonier Valley.

-
    They are coming in 21-22. They got another school, Bishop Carroll, to replace LV in the football slate for this coming year.

Article online (Tribune-Review).

Leave a comment:

• IUPTexan
    replied
    indianagazette.com The information is hard to come by.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    For any local yocals, Cambria Heights has accepted an invitation to join the Heritage Conference. They are replacing Ligonier Valley (left for WPIAL).
    Really? That is big news. I see that as a great thing or at least I think I do on first thought. I wonder how big their football teams are (meaning numbers wise).

Their famous Coal Bowl with Northern Cambria can now continue now that they will meet every season. I have no idea if they still played that in recent years but it was a huge rivalry back in the day.

Geographically the travel time to Cambria Heights should not be too bad for most Heritage schools. Glendale High is not too far from there at all if they ever need to dig up another member.

Sounds like a good move on the surface. Anything has to be better than playing Ligonier Valley.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    For any local yocals, Cambria Heights has accepted an invitation to join the Heritage Conference. They are replacing Ligonier Valley (left for WPIAL).

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

No doubt. However I question sending Tweets to a prospective team at 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Hold out until 8 a.m. It raises far less questions.

I'd probably address it to 'Coach Tortorella' or 'Mr. Tortorella' instead of 'Yo coach'.

I realize times have changed. But ... first impressions still count the same.
    But a lot has been made this past week or so of guys like Andy Reid and Kobe Bryant starting their work days at around 3 AM. Maybe the young dude keeps the same sort of hours as those guys. I guess he is in good company if that is the case.

A lot of people keep different hours and there are quite a few night owls out there. I am not one of them however since I have grown older.

-

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

I beleive it. Few are closer to the program and staff.

Just don't set up any side businesses. Lol.
    I am not surprised at all as well. Just glad athletes are trying their best to market themselves instead of solely depending on their high school coach or some extremely expensive recruiting service...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You'd be surprised how many high school players send me private messages on Twitter, asking if I can help get them an offer.
    I beleive it. Few are closer to the program and staff.

Just don't set up any side businesses. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I do appreciate he is willing to market himself. I would have to at least take a look at his highlight reel, and he would have to REALLY knock my socks off before I would even consider. His SAT and GPA would make it difficult for me to believe he'll be eligible for 4-5 years.
    No doubt. However I question sending Tweets to a prospective team at 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Hold out until 8 a.m. It raises far less questions.

I'd probably address it to 'Coach Tortorella' or 'Mr. Tortorella' instead of 'Yo coach'.

I realize times have changed. But ... first impressions still count the same.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I wouldn't call a 2.8 GPA bad to be honest. I'd probably rather know his forty time instead.

I think they completely changed up the SAT from the days of old when a perfect score was 1600 and a 700 was needed to play NCAA athletics or you ran into the Prop 48 thing. I have no idea how any of that works today.

-
    They keep messing with the SAT. Tried including a writing score to make it out of 2400 but nobody cared so they ditched it and went back. Average scores are up 100-150 points over the 1990s.

At a PSAC school, i'd bet they need an 850 and 2.5.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I do appreciate he is willing to market himself. I would have to at least take a look at his highlight reel, and he would have to REALLY knock my socks off before I would even consider. His SAT and GPA would make it difficult for me to believe he'll be eligible for 4-5 years.
    I wouldn't call a 2.8 GPA bad to be honest. I'd probably rather know his forty time instead.

I think they completely changed up the SAT from the days of old when a perfect score was 1600 and a 700 was needed to play NCAA athletics or you ran into the Prop 48 thing. I have no idea how any of that works today.

-

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    In case you missed it, IUP got a verbal from big DT Donovan Diyott over the weekend. There was a huge recruiting war over this young man.
    Besides the IUP offer, I saw a PWO from Morgan State and offers from D-III schools on his Twitter account. What other schools were recruiting him?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X