6-4 315
    6-5 310
    team 2
    6-4 305
    6-4 300
    6-3 285
    6-5 300
    6-4 300

You can guess which is which. You can keep the one OL was prettier cuz they both looked like OL to me. One group really looked bad the more one dimensional they got.

Also, everyone knew/said before the game that bad weather favors one team/scheme over another team/scheme.
    I liked seeing a team with the OL in three point stances again. You can have a huge line in two points but youre taking some of the size/power advantage away having big guys in two point stances running sideways. I was surprised SRU didn't have an option package with Rivers/snorweah and the two slot guys Sweeting and Wynn for the potential of the passing game struggling in the weather. Jet sweeps and option stuff. I wouldve assumed before hand running normal stuff wouldn't work vs Mankato. Knowing the weather coming and knowing it always seems windy on the hill at SRU. Relying on deep balls this time of year seems like potential for a butt kicking.
    You're assuming a lot. Lutz may have already been gone had Roland not landed on his lap. Just sayin'

Superstars make average coaches look great. Until they don't.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    You didn't touch a nerve, and you're entitled to your opinion of Zac Zulli, pro or con. What I am pointing out is that in those two games it was Shippensburg that was shut down, not just Zac Zulli. Without a good receiving corps and an 10-1 regular season record that year, he wouldn't even have been in consideration for the award, individual award or not. If SR had gone 7-4 or 6-5 this season, Rivers would not have been in contention for anything. I will say that in D2 at least a running back or someone other than the QB wins it every great once in a while. They might as well make the Heisman another QB award these days. Jonathan Taylor of Wisconsin gained more than 6,000 yards in three seasons in one of best D1 conferences in football and didn't even get serious consideration this year.

Leave a comment:

• PSACfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

So what we he do if he played in a different conference? He gets a clean pocket all the time in the PSAC so he can sit there and make easy throws. Put Schlichte in that offense and he does the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    Also,

Mankato had 213 yds rushing. 75 of was on one run that slipped thru a blitz with man coverage behind it. So the total up front domination by the OL had 138 rushing yds on 35 att other than the big run....vs a SRU run D that nobody would say is great. That's less than 4 yds a carry.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied

So what we he do if he played in a different conference? He gets a clean pocket all the time in the PSAC so he can sit there and make easy throws. Put Schlichte in that offense and he does the same thing.
    Mankato threw 2 int's in 16 pass attempts against a team geared to stop the RB.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    I thought it was interesting the O-lines in the rock/Mankato game:
    team 1
    6-4 320
    6-5 300
    6-1 315
    6-4 315
    6-5 310
    team 2
    6-4 305
    6-4 300
    6-3 285
    6-5 300
    6-4 300

You can guess which is which. You can keep the one OL was prettier cuz they both looked like OL to me. One group really looked bad the more one dimensional they got.

Also, everyone knew/said before the game that bad weather favors one team/scheme over another team/scheme.
    I liked seeing a team with the OL in three point stances again. You can have a huge line in two points but youre taking some of the size/power advantage away having big guys in two point stances running sideways. I was surprised SRU didn't have an option package with Rivers/snorweah and the two slot guys Sweeting and Wynn for the potential of the passing game struggling in the weather. Jet sweeps and option stuff. I wouldve assumed before hand running normal stuff wouldn't work vs Mankato. Knowing the weather coming and knowing it always seems windy on the hill at SRU. Relying on deep balls this time of year seems like potential for a butt kicking.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

For whatever reason Massey ratings don't ever like the NSIC. They had Mines destroying USF and they barely beat them. I never take those ratings into account.
    One game isn't really telling of much. The Mavs are very, very good (obviously) but the conference overall shouldn't be ranked much higher than it is.

Leave a comment:

• msumavfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• msumavfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Massey has the conferences in this order this year:

1. GSC
    2. GLIAC
    3. MIAA
    4. LSC
    5. RMAC
    6. SAC
    7. GLVC
    8. NSIC
    9. PSAC
    10. GMAC
    11. GAC
    12. MEC
    13. SIAC
    14. CIAA
    15. NE10
    For whatever reason Massey ratings don't ever like the NSIC. They had Mines destroying USF and they barely beat them. I never take those ratings into account.

Leave a comment:

• SRU 88
    replied

Massey has the conferences in this order this year:

1. GSC
    2. GLIAC
    3. MIAA
    4. LSC
    5. RMAC
    6. SAC
    7. GLVC
    8. NSIC
    9. PSAC
    10. GMAC
    11. GAC
    12. MEC
    13. SIAC
    14. CIAA
    15. NE10
    The best PSAC team beat the second best Gliac team at their place. Not arguing that the order should be any different, just surprised that the Northern Sun is next to the PSAC.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

In the past, voting was completed before the semifinals. I don't know the timelines being used now.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    In the past, voting was completed before the semifinals. I don't know the timelines being used now.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    NDC back also plays against lesser competition, as does Roland. That was very obvious yesterday, sure some of it is on the OL but a lot of QBs would look great if they basically aren't under any pressure the entire season.

I'm not sure how to say this politely but it was very obvious before these 2 teams took the field that it was going to be a blowout. Mankato is simply a great team that has been building towards this type of season for several years. I've watched it since 2014, they would have put up crazy numbers against the schedule that SR played. I can't imagine what Gunn or Zylstra would do against those defenses.

Congrats to SR for a great season but it is obtuse to think they are more athletic than any team Mankato had played thus far, or that Mankato was slow on defense. I promise you SR was not more athletic than CSU-P or Commerce, teams who defensively are about as fast as you're going to find in D2.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Oddly enough, Mavs linebacker #55 Destyn Woody is from Easton PA.
    Correct, via junior college. VERY few make that big of a move straight from high school.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X