Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

Thanks for making my point. He wasn't pressured on every play. Even when he wasn't he had a ton of missed throws. His first pass of the game, that deep pass, was in a perfect pocket. If he is in an actual strong conference where teams have good defenses he would be pressured more and struggle. I watched SRU highlights before the game yesterday and almost all of his passes hes just sitting clean in a perfect pocket.

the psac is terrible and SR1 in general is awful. You can always have a team from a different conference have everything come together and go on a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

SR1 gets an automatic entry to the Final Four. That's the only reason we get a team there every year (and why the other three regions generally call it a bye week).
      Massey has the conferences in this order this year:

1. GSC
      2. GLIAC
      3. MIAA
      4. LSC
      5. RMAC
      6. SAC
      7. GLVC
      8. NSIC
      9. PSAC
      10. GMAC
      11. GAC
      12. MEC
      13. SIAC
      14. CIAA
      15. NE10

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Oddly enough, Mavs linebacker #55 Destyn Woody is from Easton PA.
          Correct, via junior college. VERY few make that big of a move straight from high school.

Comment

• NDC back also plays against lesser competition, as does Roland. That was very obvious yesterday, sure some of it is on the OL but a lot of QBs would look great if they basically aren't under any pressure the entire season.

I'm not sure how to say this politely but it was very obvious before these 2 teams took the field that it was going to be a blowout. Mankato is simply a great team that has been building towards this type of season for several years. I've watched it since 2014, they would have put up crazy numbers against the schedule that SR played. I can't imagine what Gunn or Zylstra would do against those defenses.

Congrats to SR for a great season but it is obtuse to think they are more athletic than any team Mankato had played thus far, or that Mankato was slow on defense. I promise you SR was not more athletic than CSU-P or Commerce, teams who defensively are about as fast as you're going to find in D2.

Comment

• In the past, voting was completed before the semifinals. I don't know the timelines being used now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

In the past, voting was completed before the semifinals. I don't know the timelines being used now.

Comment

1. GSC
                  2. GLIAC
                  3. MIAA
                  4. LSC
                  5. RMAC
                  6. SAC
                  7. GLVC
                  8. NSIC
                  9. PSAC
                  10. GMAC
                  11. GAC
                  12. MEC
                  13. SIAC
                  14. CIAA
                  15. NE10
                  The best PSAC team beat the second best Gliac team at their place. Not arguing that the order should be any different, just surprised that the Northern Sun is next to the PSAC.

Comment

1. GSC
                    2. GLIAC
                    3. MIAA
                    4. LSC
                    5. RMAC
                    6. SAC
                    7. GLVC
                    8. NSIC
                    9. PSAC
                    10. GMAC
                    11. GAC
                    12. MEC
                    13. SIAC
                    14. CIAA
                    15. NE10
                    For whatever reason Massey ratings don't ever like the NSIC. They had Mines destroying USF and they barely beat them. I never take those ratings into account.

Comment

• So what we he do if he played in a different conference? He gets a clean pocket all the time in the PSAC so he can sit there and make easy throws. Put Schlichte in that offense and he does the same thing.

Comment

For whatever reason Massey ratings don't ever like the NSIC. They had Mines destroying USF and they barely beat them. I never take those ratings into account.
                        One game isn't really telling of much. The Mavs are very, very good (obviously) but the conference overall shouldn't be ranked much higher than it is.

Comment

• I thought it was interesting the O-lines in the rock/Mankato game:
                          team 1
                          6-4 320
                          6-5 300
                          6-1 315
                          6-4 315
                          6-5 310
                          team 2
                          6-4 305
                          6-4 300
                          6-3 285
                          6-5 300
                          6-4 300

You can guess which is which. You can keep the one OL was prettier cuz they both looked like OL to me. One group really looked bad the more one dimensional they got.

Also, everyone knew/said before the game that bad weather favors one team/scheme over another team/scheme.
                          I liked seeing a team with the OL in three point stances again. You can have a huge line in two points but youre taking some of the size/power advantage away having big guys in two point stances running sideways. I was surprised SRU didn't have an option package with Rivers/snorweah and the two slot guys Sweeting and Wynn for the potential of the passing game struggling in the weather. Jet sweeps and option stuff. I wouldve assumed before hand running normal stuff wouldn't work vs Mankato. Knowing the weather coming and knowing it always seems windy on the hill at SRU. Relying on deep balls this time of year seems like potential for a butt kicking.

Comment

So what we he do if he played in a different conference? He gets a clean pocket all the time in the PSAC so he can sit there and make easy throws. Put Schlichte in that offense and he does the same thing.
                            Mankato threw 2 int's in 16 pass attempts against a team geared to stop the RB.

Comment

• Also,

Mankato had 213 yds rushing. 75 of was on one run that slipped thru a blitz with man coverage behind it. So the total up front domination by the OL had 138 rushing yds on 35 att other than the big run....vs a SRU run D that nobody would say is great. That's less than 4 yds a carry.

Comment

So what we he do if he played in a different conference? He gets a clean pocket all the time in the PSAC so he can sit there and make easy throws. Put Schlichte in that offense and he does the same thing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X