Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got back from the game after midnight. Weather was obviously crappy- even with rain gear I was cold and soaking wet. Mavs made more mental mistakes and unnecessary penalties in that first half than I had seen all year. Zylstra showed that he has jumping ability and speed as well as the ability to make one hand diving catches. Gunn just keeps pounding away until he is in the end zone. What is the constant in this- the big hogs up front. They tend to wear teams down in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter. Defense continues to keep battling away- the pressure on the passer was relentless. I was expecting them to give up more points against SRU and didn't expect to be up by 22 at half. When The Rock scored after that pick I was worried until Zylstra put it away. I liked the use of multiple weapons- when SRU was blitzing their LBs and stopped the Mavs for a three and out, the Mavs came back with that jet sweep by Arnold. And you don't expect your #3 QB to score twice on two point conversions and have that long run, or your #3 running back go 75 yards for a TD.

On another note- everyone I met was polite and friendly. Met a soccer player who directed me to the bookstore so I could by a hat pin. Saw shirts there that said something like Blame IUP For Everything, Signed SRU. Easy to tell who their rival is. After the game several people congratulated me on the win and wished us good luck. Glad to get there and back but I'm pretty tired now.

I scanned through the many posts on here- I think most of the questions about MSU have been answered by somebody- if not, feel free to ask again- I probably don't have the answer but I'll try. Hope to make it to Texas but I'll go to the eye doctor tomorrow- had some vision problems that started last week- just didn't want to miss this trip. Hopefully I can go- it is supposed to be warmer but when people talk about t-shirts and shorts I'm not so sure. I've been in Texas for parka weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Oh, come on. Playing dense isn't your strong suit. And you absolutely know my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
        Got back from the game after midnight. Weather was obviously crappy- even with rain gear I was cold and soaking wet. Mavs made more mental mistakes and unnecessary penalties in that first half than I had seen all year. Zylstra showed that he has jumping ability and speed as well as the ability to make one hand diving catches. Gunn just keeps pounding away until he is in the end zone. What is the constant in this- the big hogs up front. They tend to wear teams down in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter. Defense continues to keep battling away- the pressure on the passer was relentless. I was expecting them to give up more points against SRU and didn't expect to be up by 22 at half. When The Rock scored after that pick I was worried until Zylstra put it away. I liked the use of multiple weapons- when SRU was blitzing their LBs and stopped the Mavs for a three and out, the Mavs came back with that jet sweep by Arnold. And you don't expect your #3 QB to score twice on two point conversions and have that long run, or your #3 running back go 75 yards for a TD.

On another note- everyone I met was polite and friendly. Met a soccer player who directed me to the bookstore so I could by a hat pin. Saw shirts there that said something like Blame IUP For Everything, Signed SRU. Easy to tell who their rival is. After the game several people congratulated me on the win and wished us good luck. Glad to get there and back but I'm pretty tired now.

I scanned through the many posts on here- I think most of the questions about MSU have been answered by somebody- if not, feel free to ask again- I probably don't have the answer but I'll try. Hope to make it to Texas but I'll go to the eye doctor tomorrow- had some vision problems that started last week- just didn't want to miss this trip. Hopefully I can go- it is supposed to be warmer but when people talk about t-shirts and shorts I'm not so sure. I've been in Texas for parka weather.

Comment

• That's a mischaracterization of what happened yesterday. In other words, BS.

I think if you went back and actually look at how many times he had time in the pocket it would be a high percentage. Often, he had a lot of time.

It's just when MSU applied pressure that's what you remember.

The thing with Rivers, and I knew this would happen, is that when he realizes he is getting pressure he completely turns around, runs backwards for about 7 yards and then looks for a hole where there are no defenders and he tries to scramble back to the line of scrimmage or for positive yardage. He beat IUP and Kutztown by doing that in the final minutes of both contests. He wasn't able to do that yesterday, mainly because MSU had too many defenders coming at him and there was nowhere to go. In a couple cases, his response to that was to do his 360 again and on those plays he ended up running around 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage and it just looked ridiculous. He was lucky to get the ball off a couple times in those situations.

Of course it's not on him. It was a team loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I thought SR would have athletes like none that Mankato had seen before.

Comment

• I'm sure Gunn is much happier to be moving on to the national championship than to lose by 40 and hope to win an individual award. Your logic is pretty hilarious though, like Gunn won't beat the NDC RB and Roland beat NDC so Roland clearly deserves it. Wut?

Comment

• Zylstra was the best WR and athlete in the game yesterday.

Comment

• The SR athletes were not any more impressive than the two teams Mankato had played prior. That was obvious in watching the games. You also said the Mankato defense was slow, lol. If so, why not resort to 3 step drops and get your amazingly superior athletes the ball in space against a slow defense? Hmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I saw Zac play many times, and he was legit. Whether your team gets shut down or not does not exclusively center on the QB.

Comment

The SR athletes were not any more impressive than the two teams Mankato had played prior. That was obvious in watching the games. You also said the Mankato defense was slow, lol. If so, why not resort to 3 step drops and get your amazingly superior athletes the ball in space against a slow defense? Hmmmm.

Comment

I'm sure Gunn is much happier to be moving on to the national championship than to lose by 40 and hope to win an individual award. Your logic is pretty hilarious though, like Gunn won't beat the NDC RB and Roland beat NDC so Roland clearly deserves it. Wut?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Zylstra was the best WR and athlete in the game yesterday.
                          Naw strong case for Litwin #11 yesterday ...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

Naw strong case for Litwin #11 yesterday ...
                              Based on what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
                                Got his thumb stuck in a helmet and u know what he did? KEPT FIGHTING
                                With apologies to Little Jack Horner

"Little SRU QB
                                Sat in the corner,
                                Eating his playoff pie;
                                He put in his thumb,
                                And pulled out a plum helmet,
                                And said, "What a good player am I!"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X