Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Schools can get real creative with how they recruit and what they offer.

SRU's RB transfer from Seton Hill, for example, is on a full academic scholarship. He's there because they offered it to him and won the bidding war for his services. That's a full ride that doesn't show up on these 'athletic scholarship equivalency' b.s. reports we flaunt on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

That just doesnt work. You cant do that. Teams have injuries and other issues for one game that affect them. You cant say, well mankato beat Sioux Falls by 10, and then Sioux Falls beat Bemidji by 12, so Mankato would beat Bemidji by 22.

I assume most people in the NSIC would love to have an OOC game. We dont control that though. But even with one OOC game its still tough to compare. Mankato beats Mines by 5, then Mines bats Pueblo by 4, you cant assume Mankato would beat Pueblo by 9.

D2 football is just such a tough sport to rank and seed teams. Conferences are all different sizes and all have their own rules and regulations and way they do things. You cant insert subjective opinions in seeding either.
      Just for clarification, Mankato only beat Sioux Falls by 3. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Any Pee Sack school with foosball national title aspirations are going to have to start recruiting in Flori-duh, Jawja, Texastand, Kollyfornia...go into Ohio..maybe even Meatchicken. There is talent to tap in New Jersey...which has no D2 teams. This will all take more money. Pee Sack West schools need to stop believing the withering WPIAL is going to keep feeding them players. Pee Sack schools one needs to get tuition lowered...then charge In State rates to all out of state student athletes...to compete with the Northwest Misery and Grand Valley's who can use state taxpayer funds to pay for schollies. Or maybe have Pee Sack publics be allowed to use state funding for athletics.
        On a side point ... nobody's going to think you're any less woke if you actually use the real name of a school, or a conference, or a state. You know, sometimes. Just for a change of pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

You're struggling with this whole comprehension thing more than usual. I don't insist that SOS is a determination of the better team; but it's what the NCAA uses.

So your formula is D2football poll plus margin of victory? Doesn't that last part just justify Denny running up the score on Cheyney and Mansfield?

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

On a side point ... nobody's going to think you're any less woke if you actually use the real name of a school, or a conference, or a state. You know, sometimes. Just for a change of pace.
            Last edited by IUPNation; 12-17-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

THANK YOU!!!!!!
              Put that on the scoreboard!

Comment

• You still don't get it...No one has a problem with IUP...Figure it out...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You still don't get it...No one has a problem with IUP...Figure it out...

Comment

• Comment

• Obviously, there would be a margin cap/reduction past a certain threshold. Not hard. Thought this would be clear for any margin of victory implementation.

This talk about scores in the hundreds is silly. Some of you need to use your brains sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Obviously, there would be a margin cap/reduction past a certain threshold. Not hard. Thought this would be clear for any margin of victory implementation.

This talk about scores in the hundreds is silly. Some of you need to use your brains sometimes.
                        Not silly at all. IUP put 77 on Lock Haven this year and did everything possible to ONLY score 77. They easily could have hit 100+ points on both LH and Millersville. Around the country this year in D2 there were lots of games when the winning team was in the 70s and even 80s. Heck, IUP hung 73 on ESU in 2016 and tried NOT to score in the fourth quarter.

Comment

Obviously, there would be a margin cap/reduction past a certain threshold. Not hard. Thought this would be clear for any margin of victory implementation.

Maybe not in the hundreds, but I believe Ship gave up 50-plus points in four games this season, which was humiliating enough. I'd have to find a record book to see when the last time, if ever, it was that we did that. It was hard to take after being competitive for the previous 7-8 seasons. Didn't Shepherd hang 76 or something on you guys? A friend of mine who's a Shepherd fan said what really surprised him this season was how bad some of the teams in the second tier of the PSAC were, and I certainly had to agree with him, at least for this season.

Comment

Comment

• I agree, and I don't think it's hard most years to figure out which teams are the best 3-4 in each reason. They're usually the ones who are undefeated or one-loss squads. It gets somewhat harder with the 5-7 picks as you get into some two- and even three-loss teams on occasion. I think there probably the best guide is to look back and see what conferences or teams have the best playoff results over the years. That can change, but if you're a lightly regarded conference the onus is on you to have your top team win once in a while when they get into the playoffs. There are provisions now, I believe, to get an eighth- or ninth-rated squad with a good record into the playoffs if some of the other conferences have multiple teams, but the NE 10 was so down in our region that they couldn't even qualify anyone under that criterion this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Too funny JR, too funny

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X