Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by IUPNation; 12-16-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
          Rivers and Rock stymied by a visiting team wearing purple and gold again.

But hey, they dominated time of possession.
          But you said the spread sheet said Slimey was the better team hence they got the home game.

i said Minnesota State was the better team and should have been hosting.

But the spread sheets right?

Comment

• Yup, looks as if Minnesota State had maybe two competitive games during the regular season. Beat a team that was supposedly number 12 at the time by a 52-7 score, hung 70-some points on two teams, and beat one of the outfits that dropped football by an 81-0 score. Minnesota State is definitely a lot better than the top PSAC teams this season. Heck, they have been significantly better than the teams they've played in the playoffs and might win the national championship. But they also seem to be a helluva lot better than most NSIC teams.

Comment

• All this talk about conferences and the like is a bit premature considering the championship is yet to be played. If it turns out that Minnesota State comfortably beats West Florida, then a lot of this discussion is basically moot; Minny State would then simply be a great team that steamrolled everyone in the playoffs in its way, and perhaps in better weather conditions Rock loses 58-30 instead of 58-15, we all go on our merry way. If Minny State wins in a close game or loses, then these discussions about the weakness of the PSAC and SR1 are relevant again.

Comment

• Sooooooooooooooooooooooo...remember when Slimey Pebble fans and a few of my other haters finger wagged me when I said this region was weak this year and that it's top teams were no where in the same league as the top 3-4 teams ranked in the coaches poll....said I was only saying this because IUP barely lost to Slimey Pebble.

Weeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll.....I was right. I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

I knew IUP had no chance...I knew Kutztown had no chance...I knew Slimey Pebble had no chance. Fake Notre Dame would have gotten steamrolled too. Regions without a single team with a shut down defense does not stand a chance. IUP held their own in 2017 because it had a much better defense than it had this year.

I was also spot on that Slimey Pebble had zero business being ranked higher than MInnesota State no matter what the spread sheets said.

I will wait for the apologies.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I think that's my point. It wasn't just an ass kicking by the OL that seemed to be that ppl wanted to latch onto...it was everything. The OL....the scheme....playcalling....qb's hitting throws to big talented wr"s that had favorable matchups vs a d trying to stop the run. Not just a ground and pound ass kicking. That was my point by saying the rushing stats. M-st is more than a really good OL.

Comment

• Read this. Be informed.

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...8078bc881.html

Comment

• I agree with the fact that others have pointed out.... d2 seems to have a handful of elite teams a year and blowouts well into the playoffs vs most other d2 schools not just region 1 and psac schools. You can look at the scores in the playoffs. Not saying one game scores necessarily mean two teams are far apart and one just didnt lay an egg that day.....but you can take Ferris, m-st, lenoir rhyne, valdosta, west florida....and then the next group is probably a few tds off this year. Interesting region 1 games were all single digit games except 1.

Comment

• I don't disagree with you. Was merely pointing out that all the NSIC teams aren't exactly world-beaters, either. I think The Rock, Indiana, California, Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown would have been competitive with quite a few of the teams in your conference. There is a clear disparity between the one-third or so teams that are upper tier in most regions compared with the schools that are below. And right now our upper tier just is not as good as that of the other regions. With the miserly support for higher education by the Pa. legislature coupled with declining high school enrollments, several of our schools literally are fighting to stay afloat now, so football for many of us doesn't seem like the number one priority. Naturally, we welcome any support our athletic programs do receive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't disagree with you. Was merely pointing out that all the NSIC teams aren't exactly world-beaters, either. I think The Rock, Indiana, California, Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown would have been competitive with quite a few of the teams in your conference. There is a clear disparity between the one-third or so teams that are upper tier in most regions compared with the schools that are below. And right now our upper tier just is not as good as that of the other regions. With the miserly support for higher education by the Pa. legislature coupled with declining high school enrollments, several of our schools literally are fighting to stay afloat now, so football for many of us doesn't seem like the number one priority. Naturally, we welcome any support our athletic programs do receive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X