Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooo...remember when Slimey Pebble fans and a few of my other haters finger wagged me when I said this region was weak this year and that it's top teams were no where in the same league as the top 3-4 teams ranked in the coaches poll....said I was only saying this because IUP barely lost to Slimey Pebble.

Weeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll.....I was right. I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

I knew IUP had no chance...I knew Kutztown had no chance...I knew Slimey Pebble had no chance. Fake Notre Dame would have gotten steamrolled too. Regions without a single team with a shut down defense does not stand a chance. IUP held their own in 2017 because it had a much better defense than it had this year.

I was also spot on that Slimey Pebble had zero business being ranked higher than MInnesota State no matter what the spread sheets said.

I will wait for the apologies.
    Yea but when you say it year after year, and only once IUP has been eliminated too.

Comment

• Well, you guys are certainly a gold standard this season, and good luck in the championship game.

Comment

But you said the spread sheet said Slimey was the better team hence they got the home game.

i said Minnesota State was the better team and should have been hosting.

But the spread sheets right?
        I'd ask you to show that post, but everyone knows that it doesn't exist.

Comment

I was also spot on that Slimey Pebble had zero business being ranked higher than MInnesota State no matter what the spread sheets said.
          Yeah, if you prefer to use subjective measures (e.g. your opinion) rather than objective measures (season performance, SOS).

Comment

But you said the spread sheet said Slimey was the better team hence they got the home game.

i said Minnesota State was the better team and should have been hosting.

But the spread sheets right?

Comment

• The NCAA considers the regions to be equal on a de jure basis, not unequal on a de facto basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea but when you say it year after year, and only once IUP has been eliminated too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

I'd ask you to show that post, but everyone knows that it doesn't exist.

Comment

I say it when IUP's season is over
                    Fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The NCAA considers the regions to be equal on a de jure basis, not unequal on a de facto basis.

Comment

Yeah, if you prefer to use subjective measures (e.g. your opinion) rather than objective measures (season performance, SOS).

Comment

• Teams should be ranked on how good they are, not by the spreadsheets. Regional ranking is a joke too.

Comment

Teams should be ranked on how good they are, not by the spreadsheets. Regional ranking is a joke too.

Comment

• Nation is tip-toeing around the issue, which is that the rankings system does not weigh margin of victory to the level it needs to. When records are hard to compare across regions, margin of victory levels the field. It doesn't tell the whole story, but it adds an element that contextualizes SOS. It would certainly have helped Minny State be ranked above Rock, or at least be more likely to.

Comment

No doubt everybody is correct. The PSAC can't match up with some of the other conferences and our best teams have had a lot of difficulty when they get deep into the NCAA tournament. But I don't give up hope. I don't necessarily think the difference is insurmountable.

It is definitely possible for a PSAC team to break through. IUP was pretty good 2 years ago but they blew it. And it's been discussed many times if Redfield didn't get hurt against Assumption we could have been competitive. We will never know.

NDC from SR1 was competitive last year. Slippery Rock wasn't the PSAC Team of the Decade like they were made out to be. After all, they beat 3 PSAC teams by a grand total of 8 points.

Everybody is fretting about the blowout yesterday but I think it's possible the Rock got a bad matchup. After watching the other semifinal I think it's possible SRU would match up better with either Ferris State or UWF.

It seems that there are always 3-4 teams in D2 that are clearly superior. But those teams change. Where is Pitt State? NWMSU? Grand Valley?

The history does reflect a weaker conference but things can change. Programs rise and fall. I think one of our teams can make a cinderella run at some point.
                                Yes.

Cal in 2007 was pretty darn good. I don't think the difference is insurmountable at all. To believe that would mean believing that genetics are superior elsewhere.

I think there are different levels of commitment. Once a school, team, and coaching staff commit to and beyond the level at which others are, that school will break through and become the power in SR1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X